New York Football Giants 2017 Title Quest Thread | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

New York Football Giants 2017 Title Quest Thread

Eli Apple is a joke.
What a quitter.
Didn’t even make an effort towards Beathard.
Giants fans should boo that guy dogging it.

Eli Apple is a joke.
What a quitter.
Didn’t even make an effort towards Beathard.
Giants fans should boo that guy dogging it]

There was also the 3rd and 33 play last week that went for a TD were it looked like Apple let him through on purpose.

Let’s bench DRC for that little scrub though and then suspend him when he calls you on your dumb sh7t.

Trade Eli, shut down anyone that has a hint of an injury, fire Reese, fire McAdoo, target Darnold or Rosen.

Webb isn't the guy. It was a stupid pick last year.

Give Eli Apple a raise for ensuring we keep losing.

The dolphins will happily take Eli.

Manning, not Apple.

Trade Eli, shut down anyone that has a hint of an injury, fire Reese, fire McAdoo, target Darnold or Rosen.

Webb isn't the guy. It was a stupid pick last year.

Give Eli Apple a raise for ensuring we keep losing.

How about we keep Eli but get him some offensive linemen?

Right now, we're the 2nd pick.

Trade down for someone who wants Darnold or Rosen and get an extra pick or three...and then get some guys in the secondary who actually care...

Trade down for someone who wants Darnold or Rosen and get an extra pick or three...and then get some guys in the secondary who actually care...

Eli is living on borrowed time, imo.

I know the OL needs work, but you can't pass on Darnold or Rosen. Plus, there are no top OL in this draft that warrant being in the top 10, even though they will go top 10. They are grading out way lower than other years.

The best OL in this draft plays for ND. Did you notice him on Saturday against Miami? If so, you'll know why we shouldn't be passing on Darnold or Rosen for him.

Eli is living on borrowed time, imo.

I know the OL needs work, but you can't pass on Darnold or Rosen. Plus, there are no top OL in this draft that warrant being in the top 10, even though they will go top 10. They are grading out way lower than other years.

The best OL in this draft plays for ND. Did you notice him on Saturday against Miami? If so, you'll know why we shouldn't be passing on Darnold or Rosen for him.

You put a rookie QB behind that O-line and, if he doesn't get killed, he may lose his confidence for life...

Look at Luck...

You put a rookie QB behind that O-line and, if he doesn't get killed, he may lose his confidence for life...

Look at Luck...

You need 1 QB. You need 5 OL. I'm all for taking OL in every round other than the first.

You need 1 QB. You need 5 OL. I'm all for taking OL in every round other than the first.
You don’t need elite OL if you have a good OL coach and your QB gets rid of the ball quickly.
OL can be fixed in one year.
The problem for the Giants was they didn’t take a OL in the first 5 rounds of the draft.
The Tominlson and Webb picks were questionable when your OL was a problem last year.

If the Giants are top 3 I think they do take a QB just because this year’s draft has a lot of QB prospects. You probably get one high in the second round as well.

You don’t need elite OL if you have a good OL coach and your QB gets rid of the ball quickly.
OL can be fixed in one year.
The problem for the Giants was they didn’t take a OL in the first 5 rounds of the draft.
The Tominlson and Webb picks were questionable when your OL was a problem last year.

If the Giants are top 3 I think they do take a QB just because this year’s draft has a lot of QB prospects. You probably get one high in the second round as well.

You have to pick Rosen or Darnold if you are top three. Have to. The Eagles have Wentz. Cowboys have Dak. The Skins are the Skins. We need to have our future QB ready to go after this year if we have a high draft pick.

The other issue is someone is going to overreach for OL in the top 10, even though these guys really shouldn't be top 10. Otherwise I would say to trade down and get an OL later and stock up on picks, but the top OL will be drafted too high for them to be available for a trade that will net us good value.

Just my opinion.

You have to pick Rosen or Darnold if you are top three. Have to. The Eagles have Wentz. Cowboys have Dak. The Skins are the Skins. We need to have our future QB ready to go after this year if we have a high draft pick.

The other issue is someone is going to overreach for OL in the top 10, even though these guys really shouldn't be top 10. Otherwise I would say to trade down and get an OL later and stock up on picks, but the top OL will be drafted too high for them to be available for a trade that will net us good value.

Just my opinion.
I think you are right, they have to take advantage of this draft spot to get a QB.

I’m just having a hard time focusing on the draft with 7, 7...games left.

Including 4 at home.

I just, i just...I just can’t...

I think you are right, they have to take advantage of this draft spot to get a QB.

I’m just having a hard time focusing on the draft with 7, 7...games left.

Including 4 at home.

I just, i just...I just can’t...
I imagine it will be hard to root against the Giants when they play the Cowboys or Eagles.
The Giants definitely want to lose these games now but it must be hard to want them to lose to rivals.
BTW if the Eagles-Pats meet up in February who do Giants fans root against more?

I imagine it will be hard to root against the Giants when they play the Cowboys or Eagles.
The Giants definitely want to lose these games now but it must be hard to want them to lose to rivals.
BTW if the Eagles-Pats meet up in February who do Giants fans root against more?
Always root for the W.

I won’t root for anything but my #s if it’s patsies v iggs.

Gun to head...patsies.

I mean, what difference does it really make now?? 5–6?? Whatever.

I’m sure the iggs will gift wrap it anyway.

Rather keep the iggs at ZERO.

If Eli was 5 years younger, I would agree. Reality is, he’s 37 and how many more years can he realistically have? Fortunately he’s always been healthy but even with good health he’s getting to the age where even the best and healthiest can start a steep decline at any time.

Given that, and how rare we’re in this position to pick this high(and hopefully that remains rare after this year), the time might be right to go for it...provided a guy they rate as a franchise QB is available.

Think back to 2004 - if we had stuck with Collins(who was only like 32) and drafted Robert Gallery instead of going with the franchise QB, things probably would’ve worked out much worse for us over the last 14 years.

Go Pats. They’ve never done anything to us.

If Eli was 5 years younger, I would agree. Reality is, he’s 37 and how many more years can he realistically have? Fortunately he’s always been healthy but even with good health he’s getting to the age where even the best and healthiest can start a steep decline at any time.

Given that, and how rare we’re in this position to pick this high(and hopefully that remains rare after this year), the time might be right to go for it...provided a guy they rate as a franchise QB is available.

Think back to 2004 - if we had stuck with Collins(who was only like 32) and drafted Robert Gallery instead of going with the franchise QB, things probably would’ve worked out much worse for us over the last 14 years.

Yeah, both you and Mike have really good points about taking a franchise QB is one is available.

I guess I am just not sold on either Rosen or Darnold - especially Darnold...I've seen USC several times this year and the guy forces a ton of throws...

How do they compare pre-draft to Eli?

Yeah, both you and Mike have really good points about taking a franchise QB is one is available.

I guess I am just not sold on either Rosen or Darnold - especially Darnold...I've seen USC several times this year and the guy forces a ton of throws...

Honestly, I don’t know. I haven’t seen enough of them, and I’m hoping the Giants got things scouted out correctly and make the right call. If they determine that there isn’t a franchise QB available then I wouldn’t be mad at trading down.

Rosen scares me as far as NYC goes...

The thing with Eli in college and being scouted, is that the 'Big Rug' Ernie Accorsi was a great football talent evaluator.

His scouting report on Eli is legendary.

They have to draft a QB, even if they like Webb.

But I don want Reese doing it...

Seeing these last couple of posts has me waxing poetic in my mind.

It seems like just yesterday I was calling him Young Eli and fighting off all the soupy mcpuke posters over who was as better.

Guess who won that debate...

Although I'm not sure I've ever lost on here...ever.

Seeing these last couple of posts has me waxing poetic in my mind.

It seems like just yesterday I was calling him Young Eli and fighting off all the soupy mcpuke posters over who was as better.

Guess who won that debate...

Although I'm not sure I've ever lost on here...ever.

You have got to be kidding.

That’s some funny stuff right there

You have got to be kidding.

That’s some funny stuff right there
I know.

Imagine the audacity to think soupy was close to his league.

Maybe in 04-05 when he was Young Eli, but certainly not after.

I mean, soupy clearly was never sober enough, responsible enough and of course never in enough shape...to carry all Eli's rings.