New York Football Giants 2017 Title Quest Thread | Page 25 | Syracusefan.com

New York Football Giants 2017 Title Quest Thread

Eli LIVES!!!

The originally scheduled funeral for Eli, has been cancelled. Come and Celebrate his long life on Sunday as we witness the rise of Lazarus while Big Blue beats up on the pokes.*

*There will be a small candlelight ceremony at 5am, in about 4’ of swamp water near where Hoffa likely is, for McAdoo and Reese.

No waders or floatation devices allowed, walk in behind the track.
We didn't realize it at the time, but when he walked into his first presser and his coat was about 3 sizes too big, it was a metaphor. The HC job was too big for him.

We didn't realize it at the time, but when he walked into his first presser and his coat was about 3 sizes too big, it was a metaphor. The HC job was too big for him.

Thought the same thing. Guys that cannot present generally cannot see the forrest through the trees.

McDaniels works for me.

Nobody from the Belichek coaching tree...I'm convinced that Belichck makes his assistants rather than the other way around.

Has any Belichek disciple been a success in the NFL?

Nobody from the Belichek coaching tree...I'm convinced that Belichck makes his assistants rather than the other way around.

Has any Belichek disciple been a success in the NFL?
Bill O’Brian has gone 27-21 and 2 division titles.
The Browns would kill for Romeo Crennel now.

24796523_1729237803789567_2205616075470090551_n.jpg

Bill O’Brian has gone 27-21 and 2 division titles.
The Browns would kill for Romeo Crennel now.

Yeah, O'Brien was the one guy who sort of came to mind.

Crennel? Ouch. If he's #2, I don't even want to know who #3 is.

Does 27-21 include this year?

Yeah, O'Brien was the one guy who sort of came to mind.

Crennel? Ouch. If he's #2, I don't even want to know who #3 is.

Does 27-21 include this year?
No it’s before the year and before they lost Watson they were dangerous.
With this year he is 31-29.
O’Brian can coach. He finally got his QB and he tore his ACL.
McDaniels will replace Belichick if he doesn’t get another job.
McDaniels flamed out Denver because they traded Cutler when he forced a trade.
McDaniels QB was Kyle Orton.

Give McDaniels a decent QB he will be fine.

Would love to have Eli put hurt on plowboy playoff hopes. Last game I care much about this season

usatsi_97639651.jpg

Giants are wearing these Sunday and forcing the Cowboys to wear their hated blue jerseys.

The Giants of my youth (and those unis) went white when Dallas came to NY.
You have a good memory. As per wikipedia: The Giants wore white at home throughout the 1980 season. Blue has remained the Giants home jersey since the 1981 season, excepting games against division rival Dallas through 1987, due to an alleged curse on the Cowboys' blue jerseys.[11]

Logos and uniforms of the New York Giants - Wikipedia

Big Blue has worn these a couple of times.
image-4-5.jpeg
Actually according to the wiki link I posted above, the Giants regularly wore Red in the earlier days. Prior to 1953, the Giants wore red jerseys for most home games. From 1937 through 1952, the typical Giants home uniform consisted of solid red or blue jerseys with white block numbers, blue helmets, gray pants with red socks, and black cleats. There were no designated "home" or "road" uniforms until 1957. A white jersey with red block numbers and no sleeve trim replaced the red jersey in 1953.

The Giants of my youth (and those unis) went white when Dallas came to NY.
Belichick has made Dallas wear blue both times they have come to New England because Parcells and he knew the Cowboys hated wearing their blue jerseys due to jokes they were cursed.

I’m ready to go back to those unis full time.
No thanks.

Too many painful losses in the ‘All Whites’.

I’ve grown quite fond of the grey pants too.

And they went to the white pants for home games this year...and this year has, well...

I mainly miss the helmet.
I really like the ny too.

The GIANTS is too 80's and busy for me, but boy do I have some great, great, great memories in that helmet logo .

I CANNOT BELIEVE MCADOO THOUGHT STARTING GENO WAS A GOOD IDEA.

I know the Giants stink, but watching Eli again... I just can't. McAdoo should have been fired as soon as he benched Eli for Geno. Like, right at that moment.

Some Giants coverage in Peter King's MMQB column this morning.

Peter King's Monday Morning QB: Week 14

That leads to this question: Should Manning be the Giants’ quarterback of the future, with New York likely to have a top-five pick in a draft that has multiple first-round-projected quarterbacks? Since Manning quarterbacked the Giants to their last Super Bowl win in his age-30 season, 2011, here’s how he ranks against all other quarterbacks in the league (minimum 50 games played) in some major statistical metrics.

In all, 23 quarterbacks have played at least 50 games at quarterback since 2012. (Statistics entering Sunday’s games.)

Category Stat Rank among 23 Qualifiers
Passer Rating 85.7 20th
Completion Percentage .615 19th
Passing Yards 23,046 7th
Touchdown Passes 149 8th
Interceptions 93 1st
Yards per attempt 6.99 19th

Manning, then, is in the bottom five of passer rating, completion percentage, interceptions and yards per attempt among quarterbacks over the past six years. The Giants, whoever the GM and the coach will be in a month, are going to have a decision to make on their 37-year-old quarterback.

Then later in the column

j. Ask yourselves this question, all ye who love the Giants: What purpose does it serve to play Eli Manning in the last three games instead of playing the third-round rookie, Davis Webb, to be able to add info to your 2018 first-round draft decision?