New York Football Giants 2017 Title Quest Thread | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

New York Football Giants 2017 Title Quest Thread

Some Giants coverage in Peter King's MMQB column this morning.

Peter King's Monday Morning QB: Week 14

That leads to this question: Should Manning be the Giants’ quarterback of the future, with New York likely to have a top-five pick in a draft that has multiple first-round-projected quarterbacks? Since Manning quarterbacked the Giants to their last Super Bowl win in his age-30 season, 2011, here’s how he ranks against all other quarterbacks in the league (minimum 50 games played) in some major statistical metrics.

In all, 23 quarterbacks have played at least 50 games at quarterback since 2012. (Statistics entering Sunday’s games.)

Category Stat Rank among 23 Qualifiers
Passer Rating 85.7 20th
Completion Percentage .615 19th
Passing Yards 23,046 7th
Touchdown Passes 149 8th
Interceptions 93 1st
Yards per attempt 6.99 19th

Manning, then, is in the bottom five of passer rating, completion percentage, interceptions and yards per attempt among quarterbacks over the past six years. The Giants, whoever the GM and the coach will be in a month, are going to have a decision to make on their 37-year-old quarterback.

Then later in the column

j. Ask yourselves this question, all ye who love the Giants: What purpose does it serve to play Eli Manning in the last three games instead of playing the third-round rookie, Davis Webb, to be able to add info to your 2018 first-round draft decision?
RE: Webb...what people fail to realize is that he was drafted by Reese...so therefore he likely sucks.

He’s also, incredulously, not ready to even dress for a game yet.

They have to have some kind of honor and respect for the game to not just throw him out there.

I’ll trade you tannehill for eli.

RE: Webb...what people fail to realize is that he was drafted by Reese...so therefore he likely sucks.

They have to have some kind of honor and respect for the game to not just throw him out there.

Play Eli for the rest of the year. His playing will help with the development of Engram and Shepard. Draft Rosen or Darnold. Fix the line. Get everyone healthy.

Get some pride back in the organization.

What a year.

No it’s before the year and before they lost Watson they were dangerous.
With this year he is 31-29.
O’Brian can coach. He finally got his QB and he tore his ACL.
McDaniels will replace Belichick if he doesn’t get another job.
McDaniels flamed out Denver because they traded Cutler when he forced a trade.
McDaniels QB was Kyle Orton.

Give McDaniels a decent QB he will be fine.

O'Brien is ok. He's made some in-game decisions that have made me scratch my head while lightening my wallet.

2 classic Eli INTs today.

1 bouncing of a WRs hands into Lee.

The other...a Hail Mary just for the fluck of it, down 30-10.

Ratings conscious lil girls don’t throw that.

HOF lock QBs do...

Wentz had one of those yesterday off Agholor's hands. His seventh. To go along with his 33 TDs.

O'Brien is ok. He's made some in-game decisions that have made me scratch my head while lightening my wallet.
I never bet on any teams I bet on the QB.
No chance I would put money on Tom Savage especially against Jimmy Garrapolo who looks really good.

Let's make an exception and play him this Sunday. Please?

I never bet on any teams I bet on the QB.
No chance I would put money on Tom Savage especially against Jimmy Garrapolo who looks really good.

Bad decisions had nothing to do with the QB.

Many times NFL games are played between two mediocre to bad QBs. Happens all of the time. Game didn't involve Savage btw.

Wentz had one of those yesterday off Agholor's hands. His seventh. To go along with his 33 TDs.
I remember when Eli had good WRs.

Hell, I remember when he at least had NFL worthy WRs...

I remember when Eli had good WRs.

Hell, I remember when he at least had NFL worthy WRs...
Yeah he started the year 0-3 with them.
Odell, Shepard, Marshall all played to start the year.
Bleacher report had the Giants as their preseason #2 team..

Odell didn't play game 1 and barely played game 2.

Marshall is shot.
I just got to ask this when does the responsibility fall on Eli?
The guy has been durable but the last 5 years is 32-44 and he gets the pass.
I am not saying he doesn’t have the 2 rings collateral but he has been a bottom half QB the last 5 years.
When the last time the Giants scored 30 points in a game.
The answer is week 17 2015.

Eli should get some breaks for part of this year. I will say the injuries have been there but that Thanksgiving game was brutal.
The guy is probably making the HOF for those 2 rings but he isn’t Derek Jeter.

I am not saying he doesn’t have the 2 rings collateral but he has been a bottom half QB the last 5 years.

Eli should get some breaks for part of this year. I will say the injuries have been there but that Thanksgiving game was brutal.

Jeter was a good guy on a team of very good guys that played there for a long time. Stick Jeter on the Mets or Pirates or wherever...Eli never had that kind of consistent protection. He gets a guy like Plax and he promptly shoots himself.

That W-L line is worse with Coughlin's last season of terrible end of game management and a crap D and this season.

Jeter was a good guy on a team of very good guys that played there for a long time. Stick Jeter on the Mets or Pirates or wherever...Eli never had that kind of consistent protection. He gets a guy like Plax and he promptly shoots himself.

That W-L line is worse with Coughlin's last season of terrible end of game management and a crap D and this season.
Jeter didn’t win an MVP but he finished 2nd once and was top 5 in MVP voting 5 times.
He was all pro caliber multiple years.

Eli has never had an all pro or MVP season.
Look at Johnny Damon’s stats that is Eli Manning in football .
Damon has really good numbers and 2 WS titles like Eli.

Jeter didn’t win an MVP but he finished 2nd once and was top 5 in MVP voting 5 times.
He was all pro caliber multiple years.

Eli has never had an all pro or MVP season.
Look at Johnny Damon’s stats that is Eli Manning in football .
Damon has really good numbers and 2 WS titles like Eli.

If you want to compare Manning to a baseball player Jack Morris just got in, but it's a massively imperfect analogy.

Again, for Giants fans that don't play fantasy sports (me) or care about individual awards (me again) Manning did everything I hoped for when he got drafted. I think the organization and some of the guys around him that he needed (Plax, Shockey, Nicks) and last year's nonsense with Odell and Cruz let him down.

Bill O’Brian has gone 27-21 and 2 division titles.
The Browns would kill for Romeo Crennel now.

Crennell 28-55 in 5+ seasons with zero playoff appearances. He was not head coaching material.

Yeah he started the year 0-3 with them.
Odell, Shepard, Marshall all played to start the year.
Bleacher report had the Giants as their preseason #2 team..
OBJ didn't.

He didn't get right to about week 4.

Eki 'beat' the bucs and iggs..and would've sd till the top 4 WRs all got hurt.

Marshall, was epically bad.

hes done.

Great signing Reese...

I had them in the bowl.

worst year ever.

It won't, it could've fallen on him...but now we know mcadoo has an offense that doesn't fit Eli. It's for a mobile QB, not for a pocket passer.

And when you give a pocket passer no run game or an OL...AND no WRs...and then run plays that don't work...well, Eli was an absolute magician for 3.5 years.

And go look at the Giants starters for that thanksgiving game, then think who the subs would be...and get back to me.

And knock off the stupidass johnny damon comparison.

Johnny while maybe 'the idiot'...was no where near the engine room of that team.

Manny, papi and Pedro are looking for you...

It won't, it could've fallen on him...but now we know mcadoo has an offense that doesn't fit Eli. It's for a mobile QB, not for a pocket passer.

And when you give a pocket passer no run game or an OL...AND no WRs...and then run plays that don't work...well, Eli was an absolute magician for 3.5 years.

And go look at the Giants starters for that thanksgiving game, then think who the subs would be...and get back to me.

And knock off the stupidass johnny damon comparison.

Johnny while maybe 'the idiot'...was no where near the engine room of that team.

Manny, papi and Pedro are looking for you...
Damon G7 Grand Slam vs Yankees = Eli last drive vs. Patriots.
They weren’t the best players on their teams but they made the clutch plays to win those championships.
Also Damon hit .364 for the Yankees in the 09 WS.
Go look at Damon’s stats they are really really good just not elite.
He has 2769 regular season hits.
That is basically 1.5 years short of the HOF which in baseball is insanely hard to crack.
Calling Eli Johnny Damon isn’t an insult at all. He was a clutch player who was just below the elite of his era but good enough that you feared.

Damon G7 Grand Slam vs Yankees = Eli last drive vs. Patriots.
They weren’t the best players on their teams but they made the clutch plays to win those championships.
Also Damon hit .364 for the Yankees in the 09 WS.
Go look at Damon’s stats they are really really good just not elite.
He has 2769 regular season hits.
That is basically 1.5 years short of the HOF which in baseball is insanely hard to crack.
Calling Eli Johnny Damon isn’t an insult at all. He was a clutch player who was just below the elite of his era but good enough that you feared.
When I think of 04...and believe me, I rarely if ever do, but when it's brought up...that grand slam is like 1918th on the list of things that went wrong.

I know how good johnny was, I have no problem with him in the HOF someday, but he was never asked to do what Eli is asked to do week in, week out...season in, season out.

Eli, was and is, the best player on offense and 1 of the top 2 or 3 on both Championships.

Lol, any attempt to spin anything against Eli this year is just WAY too pressed for me.

Marshall was horrible in the couple games he played, and Beckham barely played.
Eli was also leading the team in rushing TDs till week 11.

He’s still in 2nd...