New York Football Giants 2017 Title Quest Thread | Page 27 | Syracusefan.com

New York Football Giants 2017 Title Quest Thread

Giving Eli some credit today.
He looks really good out there against a good Philly DL.

Giving Eli some credit today.
He looks really good out there against a good Philly DL.

Perfect game. Eli showed he still has it and we are one step closer to locking up the two pick.

Perfect game. Eli showed he still has it and we are one step closer to locking up the two pick.

Makes sense. I still wanted that W. Would’ve loved to hand Philly a big L and hopefully help
crumble them. I might even sacrifice a draft slot to do it too.

Makes sense. I still wanted that W. Would’ve loved to hand Philly a big L and hopefully help

They lost Wentz. I feel like that's enough of a crushing blow for them. I want that two pick.

Do you have a trusty mock draft you look at?

CBS has us taking Darnold at #3: 2018 NFL Mock Draft: Imagining how the dominoes would fall if Browns land first two picks
I don’t really follow the mocks till late in the process, although we havnt been this high since Eli...and he was all I wanted.

The Post and other NYC papers knew he was EA’s guy so the drama there was as intense as I’ve ever seen.

Add up all the selection Sunday’s when Cuse is on the bubble and all the NFL drafts combined...then multiply by 1000.

That’s what that draft felt like.

It worked out ok too...;)

Eli 10-17 against the Birds in his career.

Well that didn't take long to elicit a response. ;)
I happened to be surfing when it came in.

I apologize for not adding a Congrats...

Francesa, on Simmons' podcast, says he wants the Giants to draft Darnold and trade Eli (exactly what I want). However, he is hearing they are going to take an OL and stick with Eli.

As I said previously, overreach for an OL is going to be the ruin for teams in this draft. If we draft an OL at 2 and not take Darnold, I'm going to be pissed.

Francesa, on Simmons' podcast, says he wants the Giants to draft Darnold and trade Eli (exactly what I want). However, he is hearing they are going to take an OL and stick with Eli.

As I said previously, overreach for an OL is going to be the ruin for teams in this draft. If we draft an OL at 2 and not take Darnold, I'm going to be pissed.

Is there an OL worth taking at 2? If we’re talking about Jonathan Ogden, fine. If we’re talking
about Robert Gallery(who I will admit...I wanted him and to keep Collins- I was way wrong obviously!), then not fine.

Is a trade down a possibility if we’re not going QB, do we think?

Is there an OL worth taking at 2? If we’re talking about Jonathan Ogden, fine. If we’re talking
about Robert Gallery(who I will admit...I wanted him and to keep Collins- I was way wrong obviously!), then not fine.

Is a trade down a possibility if we’re not going QB, do we think?

i don't think so. I'm sure some reports would argue otherwise.

Nelson is a guard. I don't think Williams or McGlinchy are game-changing OTs.

I want Darnold. We will not have the #2 pick again and if Eli looks bad next year, are we hoping for Kelly Bryant? What do we do?

Let’s see, I can play for the 8x World Champions who have won a Super Bowl for 4 straight decades, or I can play for the team with none who has a baseball sabermetric guy in the front office...