Next Basketball season is going to be wild | Syracusefan.com

Next Basketball season is going to be wild

Cuseball

Starter
First off, I think we are going to be pretty good so that alone will drum up lots of discussion. Just imagine the sheer number of different threads we will have going all season long. Each week will be a hotbed of postings about our games and these entertaining topics:
  • Kadary's game by game performance at Seton Hall. He lights it up one night and a portion of the board makes sure everyone knows how we blew it. He puts up a stinker and the another portion of the board waxes poetic about that's why Jimmy was right in coaching him hard. implosions all around if Kadary runs into off court issues at any point or if Seton becomes a top 10 team.
  • Woody at Ok State. Could go either way but it's bound to be eventful. Does he start and put up big numbers or does he come off the bench and marginally contribute. Are his minutes increasing, decreasing and is his body language good or bad? After a big game, does he throw shade at last year's handling?
  • Quincy at Oregon. He'll put up good numbers and it will be a constant comparison to Swider and Jimmy Jr. Big numbers one night with several threes and the coaching staff played favorites and lost our best talent. A woeful performance and 0-6 from three and see that's why Q screwed up and blew his bets chance for the league.
  • Braswell at Charlotte. Hope he does great and we talk about it.
  • Players we missed out on and how good they would look in Orange if only we could recruit worth a damn: Osun Osunyi (St. Bona), Justin Powell (Tenn), Kaluma (Creighton), 800 other transfers this year
  • Hopkins at Washington. Would he come back, will he get fired. Coach of the year twice. Losing record twice.
  • and #1: Girard; #2: Jimmy Jr's playing time, #3 Bourama vs Jesse vs Frank; #4: too much zone; #5 symir

I can't wait.

Cuse!

First off, I think we are going to be pretty good so that alone will drum up lots of discussion. Just imagine the sheer number of different threads we will have going all season long. Each week will be a hotbed of postings about our games and these entertaining topics:
  • Kadary's game by game performance at Seton Hall. He lights it up one night and a portion of the board makes sure everyone knows how we blew it. He puts up a stinker and the another portion of the board waxes poetic about that's why Jimmy was right in coaching him hard. implosions all around if Kadary runs into off court issues at any point or if Seton becomes a top 10 team.
  • Woody at Ok State. Could go either way but it's bound to be eventful. Does he start and put up big numbers or does he come off the bench and marginally contribute. Are his minutes increasing, decreasing and is his body language good or bad? After a big game, does he throw shade at last year's handling?
  • Quincy at Oregon. He'll put up good numbers and it will be a constant comparison to Swider and Jimmy Jr. Big numbers one night with several threes and the coaching staff played favorites and lost our best talent. A woeful performance and 0-6 from three and see that's why Q screwed up and blew his bets chance for the league.
  • Players we missed out on and how good they would look in Orange if only we could recruit worth a damn: Osun Osunyi (St. Bona), Justin Powell (Tenn), Kaluma (Creighton), 800 other transfers this year
  • Hopkins at Washington. Would he come back, will he get fired. Coach of the year twice. Losing record twice.
  • and #1: Girard; #2: Jimmy Jr's playing time, #3 Bourama vs Jesse vs Frank; #4: too much zone; #5 symir

I can't wait.

Cuse!
Dont forget recruiting...

I can't wait.

Cuse!

I hope the Hopkins talk lessens next year since it took up a lot of time and space this past year, especially with that UW fan who kept coming over and posting how much Hop sucked after every one of their losses. Ironically he kind of dropped off the face of this board.

Let's face it, losing Kadary and Q to other schools was a nasty off-season. We had a decent recovery, but I would rather of had our own guys back.

It is one thing if a kid goes pro, but to lose guys of that caliber to the portal...BAD, BAD, BAD !!!!

Let's face it, losing Kadary and Q to other schools was a nasty off-season. We had a decent recovery, but I would rather of had our own guys back.

It is one thing if a kid goes pro, but to lose guys of that caliber to the portal...BAD, BAD, BAD !!!!
It's tough, talented enough that each player wants to be THE GUY, but our best scorer is the coaches son, makes it hard for other guys to get the limelight they want and sometimes deserve when the narrative is always about the coaches son. One basketball and of Q, Kadary or Buddy who do you want taking the three with the game on the line. By the way it is not selfish to want to be the guy just not always realistic. Hard to recruit egoless great players. I think to be great you need to want to be the guy.

Need to have a “The Octagon” or “The Thunder Dome” thread

So we are talking about next board season more than bball season. In that case I agree. It seems like with every passing season it becomes more and more about the posters here and their drama. It’s somehow important to create a narrative and then fit the bball season into it rather than experience the season and allow it to be its own story. Sort of like one of those “reality shows” that has a scrip.

(of course this is probably my narrative. . . . . Hmmm)

I can't wait.

Cuse!

I think it says something that this year's batch of transfers wound up at much better schools than last year's group of transfers.

Remember, that fan is short for fanatic and it all makes sense.
While technically correct, I beg to differ. I am a fan of various teams but fanatic of none including my alma mater. Wearing fan gear (which I do) can be a conversation starter which may or may not be alright but draws to much attention from fanatics who feel it is their RIGHT to accost you with good or bad comments. For that reason in my old age, I have stopped wearing a lot of fan gear.

I think it says something that this year's batch of transfers wound up at much better schools than last year's group of transfers.
Better recruiting on SU's part to begin with?

The amount of PT is fixed at 200 total minutes per game. Players are going to have to ask themselves how many of those minutes are they going to get at their new school compared to how many they're getting now. Every coach puts on his "nice-guy face" when he's recruiting. You saw it when you were in HS and you're seeing it again because you're being recruited again. If you don't know by now that there's no guarantee that the "nice-guy face" will continue, you'll never know it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom