Next year's schedule | Syracusefan.com

Next year's schedule

Is Syracuse in an early season tournament?

yep, we are in the 2K challenge which starts at campus sites and ends up at MSG. Iowa, Oregon and U Conn are the other campus host sites along with us, all 4 teams go to MSG no matter what and then face off. basically, we will be a huge favorite to win it

yep, we are in the 2K challenge which starts at campus sites and ends up at MSG. Iowa, Oregon and U Conn are the other campus host sites along with us, all 4 teams go to MSG no matter what and then face off. basically, we will be a huge favorite to win it
But...but...UConn hired Hurley(=Savior ™). ;)

So no big early season tourney which means no opportunity to beat a ranked team and boost our resume. Unless Oregon is ranked, no idea what they have next season. IMO it hurts us to not play in a good early season tourney with the chance to get a couple quality OOC wins that can help on Selection Sunday.

We will have enough challenges next year. There won't be a shortage of them.

yep, let's see who we play in the ACC/Big 10 challenge, it will be a road game to boot

Prob sparty.

they will probably try to alternate home and road, and both SU and MSU played at home last year. but they could certainly bend that. Michigan played on the road last year, so maybe we play them at their place...

I think we are due for a home/away against Duke too. Get ready to rumble!

So no big early season tourney which means no opportunity to beat a ranked team and boost our resume. Unless Oregon is ranked, no idea what they have next season. IMO it hurts us to not play in a good early season tourney with the chance to get a couple quality OOC wins that can help on Selection Sunday.
Oregon will be good next year

Yep, they’ll have Bol Bol who will be a pain to deal with

Louis King as well.

Syracuse has:
  • Georgetown
  • UCONN
  • Iowa/Oregon
You figure they'll play:
  • Colgate (2nd in the Patriot League)
  • Cornell

Louis King as well.

Syracuse has:
  • Georgetown
  • UCONN
  • Iowa/Oregon
You figure they'll play:
  • Colgate (2nd in the Patriot League)
  • Cornell
A Big Ten team in the challenge.

My guess Michigan or Ohio State
I doubt it. As others have pointed out, teams tend to alternate between home and away games. We are due to play away. It follows that we are likely to play at a B1G school that played away in 2017.

The following B1G teams played away in 2017:

Maryland
Wisconsin
Northwestern
Illinois
Iowa
Penn State
Michigan

I think Wake Forest is probably not going to play. They will be bad and Pitt and GT have missed the challenge more recently than Wake.

I think Pitt probably gets paired with Penn State. They haven’t played yet and the home and away thing works here.

Michigan just played UNC this past season, so a rematch is unlikely. Duke is supposed to play at home so that makes it hard to schedule them to play in Ann Arbor.

I doubt we play Wisconsin for the 3rd time in four years.

It would be weird to play Wisconsin two years in a row, then Maryland 2 years in a row but it wouldn’t be shocking.

Northwestern, Iowa and Illinois are all possible but I think Syracuse-Michigan is a matchup of two big names that would make executives at ESPN swoon. That is my prediction.

I want to get back into a destination tournament in a beach climate.
There's "supposed to be" a rotation controlled by Greensboro. Everyone is "supposed to" get a turn in all the tournament's like Maui, etc. Next season is UVa's turn to be in the Battle for Atlantis (finally). Just wait until you get to go to the "Emerald Coast Classic" in Niceville, FL. We went in 2016-17. It's near Pensacola. I think they had 25 people at the final of that one.

The only schools we have yet to play twice in a season are NC State, Clemson, and Notre Dame.

I wouldn't expect to see Duke twice again until the schedule expands to 20 games in 2019-20.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom