Next Year's Starting PG...... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Next Year's Starting PG......

I'm guessing Carey is going to transfer. Just don't see somebody who was left in the doghouse that long after being a higher end recruit sticking around. If he does stay I doubt he plays much next year, and he'll be gone that year.

I'd be surprised if Carey is here next year.
Did you see his comments after the Baylor game. It seemed like he isn’t thinking that way

What? Have you watched Syracuse basketball for the past few decades? It’s very tough for freshman point guards to come in and run this team successfully. Ennius did it. GMac did it. Before that Jason Hart and Red Autry we’re able to do it. But we’ve had just as many guys that had to wait to run the show (Sherm, MCW, Z).

The story isn’t written on Jalen. He controls his own destiny. It’s there for the taking if he reaches up and grabs it.

Every player you mentioned had a great player ahead of them. Carey didn't play because of Franklin Howard and Buddy Boeheim.

I'm still going with OB.

He's long, maybe had the best, or second best handle on the team this year, might have had the best vision on the team this year in dishing the ball in traffic around the rim...that bodes well for drive and dish plays...the dish negates him missing a lay-up....plus, the length! THE LENGTH!!!

THE LENGTH!!

Oddly, I believe a lot of that, except for the part about him actually being our PG.

Every player you mentioned had a great player ahead of them. Carey didn't play because of Franklin Howard and Buddy Boeheim.
Ok. There is no one ahead of him next year.

Ok. There is no one ahead of him next year.

He had a guy ahead of him last night who scored 2 points and played awful defense while being the only point guard on the roster.

He had a guy ahead of him last night who scored 2 points and played awful defense while being the only point guard on the roster.
Who will play the 2 guard next year. We have an opening at the 1.

Girard and goodine are freshman. Washington isn't a highly recruited player. Carey is a top 40 recruit why should he be worried about pt?

Why should be be worried? Lol

I'm done...

What? Have you watched Syracuse basketball for the past few decades? It’s very tough for freshman point guards to come in and run this team successfully. Ennius did it. GMac did it. Before that Jason Hart and Red Autry we’re able to do it. But we’ve had just as many guys that had to wait to run the show (Sherm, MCW, Z).

The story isn’t written on Jalen. He controls his own destiny. It’s there for the taking if he reaches up and grabs it.
He has a father who has been very involved with him every step of the way. I suspect Jalen will go as his father goes. I hope he stay. He has been a very hard working young man his entire life.

Why should be be worried? Lol

I'm done...
He's going to get plenty of pt next year. He came to a team with a senior pg and a Jr who was one of the best players in the country he knew pt would be scarce.

Missing the point. They all didn’t play much their fresh year and came back better. Some guys don’t (Josh Wright and Kaleb). I think Carey will be great.

Mike Edwards is the one case I didn’t mention. He was a below average PG that was surrounded by great talent. He struggled his frosh year and didn’t get much better over his career.

I know nothing here but if I’m Jalen I realize the PG spot is mine to lose next season. Why would I give that up and sit a year?
Be the starting pg at syracuse or go somewhere else have to sit out a year and who knows if I will get pt. Tough decision.

He's going to get plenty of pt next year. He came to a team with a senior pg and a Jr who was one of the best players in the country he knew pt would be scarce.
Jalen was quoted in the media about being a one and done. Guys who think they are one and done don't think their playing time will be scarce. I hope he took care of academics this year so he is eligible next year.

I guess I don't understand why people continue to ignore Carey's own statements regarding transferring. He's not. He'll start next year, unless either JG3, Goodine, or Washington come in and amaze.
Yeah, didn’t he make an Instagram post or something saying he’s staying and knows it takes hard work, or something along those lines?

Also, I’d say he’s got the best shot at the job. I also know I’m in the minority, but I really like Washington’s game. He in my eyes could end up being the odd man out though, and that would stink if he were to leave. Smart lead guard, and has future coach written all over him. We need a leader like that as an upper class man on this team!

Yeah, didn’t he make an Instagram post or something saying he’s staying and knows it takes hard work, or something along those lines?

Also, I’d say he’s got the best shot at the job. I also know I’m in the minority, but I really like Washington’s game. He in my eyes could end up being the odd man out though, and that would stink if he were to leave. Smart lead guard, and has future coach written all over him. We need a leader like that as an upper class man on this team!
I think we all like HW, but he’s limited athletically and hasn’t proven to be able to shoot consistently. Hopefully he’s worked on his offense and comes back better next year. He’s a dark horse so win the PG spot, but he can do it if he proves to run the offense more efficiently, getting others involved and minimizing turnovers.

You know who else Jim didn't trust with 3 minute 2nd half appearances? MCW. Scoop, too.

I know nothing here but if I’m Jalen I realize the PG spot is mine to lose next season. Why would I give that up and sit a year?

He’s not but some fans can’t comprehend this. They’re usually the angry/clueless type

Jalen already said he wasn’t transferring. Not sure why people are still debating it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom