next years team | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

next years team

I agree. I love this kid's energy. But his skill set is not of a SF. But, you can't have enough athletes, especially with his size. He looks like the kind of kid that will get a ton of offensive rebounds, weakside blocks and fouls.

Agree 100% there. I think that Brisset was a great "add," but he isn't a SF and probably won't ever be. Nothing wrong with that -- he can be an outstanding PF for us in our system.

And there is the logjam. So, if Lydon starts at the 4 and then who do you start at center? I think we would hope that one of Chukwu or Sidibe step up and take the spot. That would leave Thompson as a super sixth man. Obviously the backcourt is a mess. That will work itself out in the coming months. I hope we get that foreign dude at the SF spot.

Whoever plays the best gets the other spot. Plenty of options, but I'm not sold on any particular one yet. I would anticipate Thompson, but he's gotta improve the defense. That was just ridiculously bad. It could also be Lydon at C and someone else at PF.

I agree on the foreign guy, I'm highly intrigued. Though it doesn't take much to get me highly intrigued when there is no SF on the roster.

i think howard will have a nice junior year for us. he has an actual PG mindset

Starters:
PG - 5th yr grad transfer
SG - Battle
Thompson
5th yr grad transfer or Euro dude
C - Lydon

Bench:
C - Sidibe, Chukwu
F - Moyer, Brisset
G - TBD HS recruit

Last edited:
Whoever plays the best gets the other spot. Plenty of options, but I'm not sold on any particular one yet. I would anticipate Thompson, but he's gotta improve the defense. That was just ridiculously bad. It could also be Lydon at C and someone else at PF.

I agree on the foreign guy, I'm highly intrigued. Though it doesn't take much to get me highly intrigued when there is no SF on the roster.
Who is this foreign guy?

2:38pm
PG Battle
SG Ayala
SF Lydon
PF Thompson
C Chukwu

Howard
Moyer
Washington
Sidbe
Brissett
5th year

3:30pm
outstanding. i wish him all the best. i expect lydon to declare within 2 weeks. possibly sign with an agent before april
IMG_0759.JPG

Did anyone see Chukwu play this year? I don't see this guy getting 20 mins a game unless 3 other guys break their legs. In which case we won't win 10 games.

he will be a force in the paint

Is chukwu done playing for good? Or was that just this year??

Did anyone see Chukwu play this year? I don't see this guy getting 20 mins a game unless 3 other guys break their legs. In which case we won't win 10 games.

Lol. That's one of the funniest posts I've seen in awhile here. Nice work! Can't say I disagree...sigh.

Agree 100% there. I think that Brisset was a great "add," but he isn't a SF and probably won't ever be. Nothing wrong with that -- he can be an outstanding PF for us in our system.
He seems like a Jerami Grant type, would you agree?

Next year's team may have trouble qualifying for the CBI. Extremely low expectations abound.

You might be the only one thinking that.

I don't think he's ever looked like a PG. Hes got a terrible handle, makes bad decisions and can't execute routine passes.

He's the guy who thinks Chukwu will be a "force in the paint."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom