NFL Social Issues | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Social Issues

The latter and only the latter. What he said is textbook s e xism. He demeaned her in public. How is this debatable?
If Cam Newton was Lavar Ball the media would excuse it.

Has the media spent as much on the fact it looks like Michael Bennett lied about the Las Vegas cops?

This stuff is covered in a manner that fits agendas.

If Cam Newton was Lavar Ball the media would excuse it.

Has the media spent as much on the fact it looks like Michael Bennett lied about the Las Vegas cops?

This stuff is covered in a manner that fits agendas.
A handful of people in the media excused what Ball did. Those same people will probably excuse Newton as well.

I guess the answer to your question is "no," since this is the first I've heard of that possibility (although I don't think the videos are as definitive as you're suggesting).

Do you think what Newton said is sexist or not?

A handful of people in the media excused what Ball did. Those same people will probably excuse Newton as well.

I guess the answer to your question is "no," since this is the first I've heard of that possibility (although I don't think the videos are as definitive as you're suggesting).

Do you think what Newton said is s e xist or not?
I live in Charlotte. The guy is justifiably getting hammered today.

I think what he said was beyond sexist. None of the beat writers played football beyond HS. Just because you didn't play doesn't mean you can't talk about it.

My point was the media just shows they aren't consistent in what gets attention.

This Cam stuff is just sooooooooooo f'innnnnnnggggg stupid for anyone to be upset about. Our country is just in a very, very stupid place in this century.
Evidently, she is the first female reporter to ask him these types of questions. Doesn't that speak more to the quality of female football reporters than it does Cam's surprise when one does ask the questions.

I live in Charlotte. The guy is justifiably getting hammered today.

I think what he said was beyond s e xist. None of the beat writers played football beyond HS. Just because you didn't play doesn't mean you can't talk about it.

My point was the media just shows they aren't consistent in what gets attention.
In that case, I don't think Lavar Ball is a good example. Bennett? Maybe.

The way I see it, whenever there's a story like this, the media gives it a ton of attention the day it happens (or the day after). Then a week goes by and no one's covering it anymore. (There are exceptions like Kaepernick.) The Bennett story is old news and I think that's why the recent developments aren't getting much coverage. But if he were to come out and say he fabricated the story, you better believe it would be all over ESPN.

This Cam stuff is just sooooooooooo 'innnnnnnggggg stupid for anyone to be upset about. Our country is just in a very, very stupid place in this century.
Evidently, she is the first female reporter to ask him these types of questions. Doesn't that speak more to the quality of female football reporters than it does Cam's surprise when one does ask the questions.
Do you think what he said is sexist?

Ah, ESPN First Take figured out a way to trash Trump because of Cam's comments. I'll give them credit for the ridiculous roundabouts they had to take to make that jump...

Ah, ESPN First Take figured out a way to trash Trump because of Cam's comments. I'll give them credit for the ridiculous roundabouts they had to take to make that jump...
????
It had to be Kellerman.

Cam has nothing to do with Trump.
The only thing I can think is that trump has lowered the bar and but I don't think Cam would have said anything different if Obama was still POTUS.

I didn’t see it, but if it’s as you describe, then yeah, that’s a stretch.

Look at Cam’s eyes and that little smile and tone of voice...pretty obvious he was high on opiates IMO. He was feeling lighter than air and untouchable, and said what he said. Not that big of a deal.

????
It had to be Kellerman.

Cam has nothing to do with Trump.
The only thing I can think is that trump has lowered the bar and but I don't think Cam would have said anything different if Obama was still POTUS.
It was the closing statement about Cam by the moderator.

It was the closing statement about Cam by the moderator.
Meh Molly Qerim isn't Max or SAS she is the only one with a brain so I will give her the benefit of the doubt.

She is dating Jalen Rose.

The reporter thinks racism is funny and uses the n word.

She’s about to get fired, lol. What a fiasco.

Is there any chance at all that Cam knew this before yesterday?

Whoa. The media better cover this and question her.

The questions should be asked, but these are from 2012 and 2013. I don't know...

The questions should be asked, but these are from 2012 and 2013. I don't know...
Or just don’t assume because someone brings up your race/gender in an unscripted press conference that he/she is a racist/sexist.

IMG_9545.JPG

Or just don’t assume because someone brings up your race/gender in an unscripted press conference that he/she is a racist/s e xist.

Right. If she didn’t play the whole thing with Cam up, I’d feel bad for her. But since she was trying to “get” Cam, I don’t.

Young people hopefully will eventually learn to stop being so free on social media.

I don't get idiots tweeting, even more now than before seeing this bs. What goes through a persons mind thinking ok, I'm going to post my stupid thoughts on social media?? It's a thing, and a very confusing thing.

Or just don’t assume because someone brings up your race/gender in an unscripted press conference that he/she is a racist/s e xist.

Unless he has some way to prove that he was aware of her comments prior to the press conference, which seems a little stalky to me, then he's sexist. That comment was sexist.

I don't know if you can call someone racist because their father is making racist comments. Or uses language that is typically reserved for one race only.

I'm so glad I don't twitter.

Right. If she didn’t play the whole thing with Cam up, I’d feel bad for her. But since she was trying to “get” Cam, I don’t.

Young people hopefully will eventually learn to stop being so free on social media.

I'm not following you on this one. How was she trying to "get" Cam?

And hopefully more of these white kids figure it out that : no it is not ok for you to use the n word because you used it with an “a” instead of “er” and because you think you’re down because you listen to rap music. Those rules have never changed. Just don’t say the word. It’s not that hard.

Last edited:
I'm not following you on this one. How was she trying to "get" Cam?

Tweeting about it right after and stoking the fires, rather than just no commenting it or ignoring it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom