NFL Thread - 2019 | Page 115 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2019

I'd just like to see more quick slants to get the ball out of his hand.

Which I've also wanted out of Syracuse all season frankly...
They can’t block the right side of the Philly DL.
Just can’t do it.
Brady is only holding the ball over 2 seconds on third down.
They are going to need one more drive but this is a defensive battle.

Do you ever watch the promos for some of these CBS sitcoms during NFL games and just think, "who watches this crap?"
Just now?
I mean I remember Fox bombarding the mid 2000s Yankees/Red Sox battles with House promos. “You’re risking your patient’s life”

They do all these shows for the flyover states.

Fox promos, also.

Some of the promos for their 911 show are fairly graphic and very cheesy.

I swear they draw out of a hat and choose between police/fire/emergency room and then pick a city, and then voila "coming soon to Fox... Milwaukee Fire!"

We're in a golden age of television right now but I feel like everything on the major networks is just painfully bad.

Just now?
I mean I remember Fox bombarding the mid 2000s Yankees/Red Sox battles with House promos. “You’re risking your patient’s life”

They do all these shows for the flyover states.
Really? That's where you think the big advertising dollars are?

San Fran with the cover... Hope nobody had money on Zona that was ridiculous.

Well Cowboys fans we did you your solid.
Next week in Gillette with a new OL.
Isiah Wynn can play against Dallas.
Marshall Newhouse their will be a Gofundme to pay for your travel expenses to move.

Marshall Newhouse their will be a Gofundme to pay for your travel expenses to move.
Thank you for the help today.

5 NFC teams at 8 wins.
San Fran 9-1
Green Bay 8-2
New Orleans 8-2
Seattle 8-2
Minnesota 8-3
Green Bay at San Fran next week.

Those 5 and the NFC East winner are your playoff teams.
No idea who will be the 1-3, 5-6 seeds though.

5 NFC teams at 8 wins.
San Fran 9-1
Green Bay 8-2
New Orleans 8-2
Seattle 8-2
Minnesota 8-3
Green Bay at San Fran next week.

Those 5 and the NFC East winner are your playoff teams.
No idea who will be the 1-3, 5-6 seeds though.

just when i thought San Fran was for real, they put up some seriously suboptimal performances.
I think Seattle is pretty damn lucky to be 8-2.. They almost lost in OT to the Bengals and have several other hair by the chinny chin chin wins.

Greenbay is a bogus 8-2. They get about five favorable calls per game or would be 5-5. I think Minnesota wins that division. Minnesota was sleeping for the first half today and then just whooped up on a Denver team that isn't terrible.

I actually think Nola is the most complete NFC team, despite their stinker last week. After watching ATL destroy again this week, maybe it wasn't as terrible as we first thought.

Let's just eliminate replay. There is no consistency at all. Hopkins was 100% interfered with and they dont even think about overturning it. Then I am seeing plays overturned that are likely but not conclusive. It's become a garbage mechanism

I would love to see replay gone too. I would rather live with the human factor than what we have now.

just when i thought San Fran was for real, they put up some seriously suboptimal performances.
I think Seattle is pretty damn lucky to be 8-2.. They almost lost in OT to the Bengals and have several other hair by the chinny chin chin wins.

Greenbay is a bogus 8-2. They get about five favorable calls per game or would be 5-5. I think Minnesota wins that division. Minnesota was sleeping for the first half today and then just whooped up on a Denver team that isn't terrible.

I actually think Nola is the most complete NFC team, despite their stinker last week. After watching ATL destroy again this week, maybe it wasn't as terrible as we first thought.

If Cousins didn't barf all over himself in September you could argue the Vikings should be 10-1.

Pats have won how many straight at home?

So yeah they needed Philly to lose to break even when they lose next week in Foxborough.

Hopefully Seattle can beat Philly too. Otherwise that week 15 game might not matter as Philly's schedule is pretty easy the rest of the way out after that Seahawks game.

Pats have won how many straight at home?

So yeah they needed Philly to lose to break even when they lose next week in Foxborough.

Hopefully Seattle can beat Philly too. Otherwise that week 15 game might not matter as Philly's schedule is pretty easy the rest of the way out after that Seahawks game.
Patriots lose home games to NFC teams they aren’t familiar with. They don’t lose home games to many AFC teams. Brady and Edelman have won 51 straight home games together against AFC teams.

Carolina in 2017
Seattle in 2016
Philadelphia in 2015

I expect the Patriots to win but Dallas could score a decent amount and beat them. I just think the Patriots offense will be better with a new OL and ability for Brady to dink and dunk with some time.
Against the good DLs he has faced Buffalo and Philadelphia he has struggled.

Patriots lose home games to NFC teams they aren’t familiar with. They don’t lose home games to many AFC teams. Brady and Edelman have won 51 straight home games together against AFC teams.

Carolina in 2017
Seattle in 2016
Philadelphia in 2015

I expect the Patriots to win but Dallas could score a decent amount and beat them. I just think the Patriots offense will be better with a new OL and ability for Brady to dink and dunk with some time.
Against the good DLs he has faced Buffalo and Philadelphia he has struggled.

Dallas has not beat NE in something like 26 years. So I am not hopeful.

Dink and dunk is a killer because this defense with old man Rod is bend/don't break and has been getting killed underneath all year. The upside is the Cowboys play up or down to their opponent so they should be ready to go.

A win and they probably take the east. A loss and its a coin flip in Philly week 15.

I would love to see replay gone too. I would rather live with the human factor than what we have now.

Perfect world we use the technology that we have to get right. But we are straddling this strange zone where we want to not render officials (or umpires) obsolete so its like "call will stand unless there is indisputable evidence otherwise..."...so you have scenarios where a call on the field is 70% likely to be wrong after review but they wont change it. That's just dumb. And there are inconsistencies. There was 100% evidence that Hopkins was interfered with. Not changed. Yesterday, on the Pats INT in the end zone...now that 100% should have been called a TD on the field. But when you get to the review, there WAS some ball movement. IMO, it was similarly a 70% call that it was a TD. And they changed it. Which I'm fine with but if thats the standard, make it the standard.

There is no consistency. No firm standards, and they are making them up as they go.

Replay just needs to a person who is competent handling it.
Al Riverion is a joke and needs to go.

Pay Mike Perreia NFL and the job is done well.
Replay is fine.

Replay just needs to a person who is competent handling it.
Al Riverion is a joke and needs to go.

Pay Mike Perreia NFL and the job is done well.
Replay is fine.

Can't disagree more, and you know I am a fellow Pats fan...the threshold to overturn, as it is written is already wrong (this wont change with a new guy), and is also being applied inconsistently (this part is on Riveron) which makes it a complete crapshoot

They may as well go back to replacement refs with how bad games are officiated this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom