NFL Thread - 2019 | Page 129 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2019

Philly should have the same record as Dallas right now and be in the driver’s seat with their remaining games.

Instead they’re a game back in their quest to be the tallest midget.

Perhaps Big Blew and the Skins lay down and erase that one game deficit in a few weeks.

But if Dallas beats Chicago on Thursday and the Iggs stub their toe against Danny Fumbles on MNF then things get hairier than Gorilla Monsoon for Carsy-cakes.

Congrats though - he’s almost made it through a full regular season. If he starts a WC game in January I would consider it a successful season for Bird fans.

They're still in the driver's seat, just like Dallas. They win out and they're in.

Any way you slice it it comes down to the head to head match-up and winning or losing today's game has no effect on that whether u were to win or lose in Chicago. If Philly loses to NY or Washington then the Cowboys would own the divisional tie-breaker. Not to mention that if Philly loses to either of them then they don't deserve a playoff berth anyway. Not sure they deserve one even if they run the table.

This is how you burn all of your division opponents in one post.

I went to school in PA with Iggs, Skins and Jint fans. (Edit - they were my closest friends & drinking buddies)

This thread is the closest I get to reliving that banter from 20-24 years ago.

I enjoy the NFC East back & forth.

You got all the bases covered with those comments. lol

I don't know about you but I'd just like to make the playoffs and host a playoff game. Anything after that is gravy.

I want Philly fans/scrubs from Meth-head Delaware towns who hang out in the parking lot, to have as few opportunities to assault other human beings as possible, so I hope the Eagles season ends ASAP.

Philly should have the same record as Dallas right now and be in the driver’s seat with their remaining games.

Instead they’re a game back in their quest to be the tallest midget.

Perhaps Big Blew and the Skins lay down and erase that one game deficit in a few weeks.

But if Dallas beats Chicago on Thursday and the Iggs stub their toe against Danny Fumbles on MNF then things get hairier than Gorilla Monsoon for Carsy-cakes.

Congrats though - he’s almost made it through a full regular season. If he starts a WC game in January I would consider it a successful season for Bird fans.

To me the only sad part of Carsy-cakes starting a wild card game is that it would mean the end of the Clapper regime. I do not want to see that happen.

To me the only sad part of Carsy-cakes starting a wild card game is that it would mean the end of the Clapper regime. I do not want to see that happen.

Fear not, the Jints are gonna steal him from Jerry!

(Fingers crossed)

I want Philly fans/scrubs from Meth-head Delaware towns who hang out in the parking lot, to have as few opportunities to assault other human beings as possible, so I hope the Eagles season ends ASAP.

I think I know where u stand on the Eagles.

If the NFC East is hanging in the balance on 12/29 then u should venture over to Met Life. You'll be able to witness several assaults while having to sit through another Philly beat down in the swamp. The only question is whether it will be a garden variety beat-down or one that ends in excruciating fashion ala Herm Edwards, Clyde Simmons, Vai Sikahema, Brian Westbrook or Desean Jackson.

Ah, good times in the Swamp.

Last edited:
I think I know where u stand on the Eagles.

If the NFC East is hanging in the balance on 12/29 then u should venture over to Met Life. You'll be able to witness several assaults while having to sit through another Philly beat down in the swamp. The only question is whether it will be a garden variety beat-down or one that ends in excruciating fashion ala Herm Edwards, Clyde Simmons, Vai Sikahema, Brian Westbrook or Desean Jackson.

Ah, good times in the Swamo.

Herm, Clyde, Vai, Brian, and DeCrip have fewer rings combined than Jerrel Jernigan.

Fear not, the Jints are gonna steal him from Jerry!

(Fingers crossed)

That reminds me of when the Eagles fired Rich Kotite. A few days later I was down in the Caribbean and had the TV on but the sound on mute. I look up and I see Richie K adjusting a green cap on his head at the podium during a press conference. I did a double take - what the hell is going on out there?- in the words of Vince Lombardi. Turns out the NYJ had just hired Kotite. Yeah that worked out well.

I have a good friend that went to Princeton and he's friendly with the Clapper. Even he is losing faith. I'd love to see the NYG pick him up. But I need Gettleman to stay for pure comic relief.

Herm, Clyde, Vai, Brian, and DeCrip have fewer rings combined than Jerrel Jernigan.

How many 4-12 (or worse) finishes do the NYG have to register before you stop using that line of reasoning? I'd much rather have competitive football teams year in and year out as opposed to being mathematically eliminated by Veteran's Day.

From SNF
Ben McAdoo was 13-15 as NYG HC.
Pat Shurmur is 7-21 as NYG HC.

Who is the next NYG coach?
Whomever it is let Tisch make the call as Mara has chosen poor the last 2 decisions.

How many 4-12 (or worse) finishes do the NYG have to register before you stop using that line of reasoning? I'd much rather have competitive football teams year in and year out as opposed to being mathematically eliminated by Veteran's Day.

I’d rather have 4 SB titles than 1, regardless.

Watching the Colts-Titans man Vinateri single handily is why they lost.
I didn’t watch one second of that game but man he needs to be cut already.
I get he is a HOFer but man he has ruined their season.

I’d rather have 4 SB titles than 1, regardless.

I understand to a degree but constantly having to check out early in November knowing that my squad is going to lose and in boring fashion would wear me down.

I know you're an LA Dodger fan - so do u count those titles back in the 60s? I mean where does your statute of limitations end? Also it must have really frosted your @ss when the Birds won the title two years ago. Not being able to bust chops about no SB titles really neutralized the attack. Kinda like 2004 with Boston and NY.

From SNF
Ben McAdoo was 13-15 as NYG HC.
Pat Shurmur is 7-21 as NYG HC.

Who is the next NYG coach?
Whomever it is let Tisch make the call as Mara has chosen poor the last 2 decisions.

McAdoo had one good year after Reese as a last gasp to save his job, went ape in free agency and mortgaged the future for Snacks, Vernon, and Jenkins. The defense and peak OBJ carried us to a lot of close wins.

Shurmur has had no such veteran help as we are clearly rebuilding. At the same time, he hasn’t shown much - this team is often a disorganized mess.

We haven’t had a good coach since Coughlin, but ultimately we are feeling the effects of the horrific drafts that Reese had his last 4-5 years.

Gettleman has drafted very well so far and dumping OBJ and Vernon on the Browns is looking good now(they both look basic now and are always hurt), and there is plenty of cap space. We’ll see how he manages free agency, but he’s done a good job overall so far IMO. Roster wise, we are on good position to make a big jump over the next 2-3 years. We need to nail the next coaching hire though.

I had the Colts at +5500 to win the division. AV cost me a nice payday.

I had the Colts at +5500 to win the division. AV cost me a nice payday.

Same. I did at least hit on the over for their win total though as well as the Bills, Raiders, and Ravens.

I understand to a degree but constantly having to check out early in November knowing that my squad is going to lose and in boring fashion would wear me down.

I know you're an LA Dodger fan - so do u count those titles back in the 60s? I mean where does your statute of limitations end? Also it must have really frosted your @ss when the Birds won the title two years ago. Not being able to bust chops about no SB titles really neutralized the attack. Kinda like 2004 with Boston and NY.

Dodgers - I only remember ‘88, but yes the overall history and prestige of the franchise is a plus.

The NY Giants have that ancient history going for them plus 3 SB titles that I remember.

I enjoyed the Eagles having zero SB titles and reputation as a playoff choker immensely for all those years. It’s not as good, but I still enjoy that the Giants have won more? And I really enjoy that we weren’t even that good for much of the year for 2 of them, and how much those hot runs infuriated Dallas and Philly fans who watched their teams go 13-3 and get bounced so many times.

Same. I did at least hit on the over for their win total though as well as the Bills, Raiders, and Ravens.

Nice. I didn't get a great # there as I have Indy Over 7.5. Need them to go 2-2. I have under Chicago (9) and under Washington (6.5) that both are looking good.

That Colts-Titans division might be the most boring division in pro sports. I pay zero attention to any of them.

Dodgers - I only remember ‘88, but yes the overall history and prestige of the franchise is a plus.

The NY Giants have that ancient history going for them plus 3 SB titles that I remember.

I enjoyed the Eagles having zero SB titles and reputation as a playoff choker immensely for all those years. It’s not as good, but I still enjoy that the Giants have won more? And I really enjoy that we weren’t even that good for much of the year for 2 of them, and how much those hot runs infuriated Dallas and Philly fans who watched their teams go 13-3 and get bounced so many times.

Yeah winning the NFC conference title with 5 FGs and an opponent's inexcusable fumble with less than two minutes to go didn't sit well with me. Nor did it sit well when that same franchise had one guy cough up three fumbles to give u another gift win. Periodically God appears to be a NYG fan.

That Colts-Titans division might be the most boring division in pro sports. I pay zero attention to any of them.

The teams themselves are kinda boring, but it is kinda captivating that three teams are within a game of each other and I wouldn't be entirely shocked if whoever wins the division actually wins a playoff game for once.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom