NFL Thread - 2019 | Page 128 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2019

Don't disagree - the pre-conceived notions and narratives are so silly and pervasive, though.
Eh, you aren’t wrong. And although this isn’t meant toward anyone on this board, you just need to sift through the weeds and consider the source.

For example, I may dish out takes in this thread from time to time... but nobody should take them too seriously. Clearly I’m no expert. But neither are most people.

Manish might be the only reporter more trollish than Ben Volin in the NFL.

He is the worst. Joe and Evan had him on after the Gase hire. They called him out, it was beautiful.

Well, the comment to which I responded was that Baltimore was "tearing up" the Niners defense. Not sure why the goalposts are now being moved.

the goal posts were moved ? You changed the entire sport when your replies to his comments about the Baltimore offense being unstoppable were “so is the 49ers”

So how does Vinatieri still have a job ? And knowing he sucks , why even attempt 50+ yard fgs.. colts could be 9-3 right now but let emotions rule over doing whatever it takes to win

If the Eagles lose to the Fins then Pederson and Wentz are why.

lol you and your H0T Takes are hilarious. You must not have watched one down of the game. Dolphins scored on six straight possessions and Fitz tore up the eagles secondary in brutal fashion. Wentz was well down the list in terms of reasons for the loss today. The Eagles gave up 37 friggin' points to the Dolphins.

Lol Eagles. Must win against the Dolphins, and blow it.

I get the eagles piling on cuz they suck but you need to familiarize yourself with NFL tie-breaking procedures. It was not a must win. They win out and they win the division.

Thank you, Phins.

Thx to the Dallas loss to Buffalo that loss to Miami doesn't change anything. Eagles have the tie-breaker right now over the Cowboys if they split head to head.

Last edited:
I get the eagles piling on cuz they suck but you need to familiarize yourself with NFL tie-breaking procedures. It was not a must win. They win out and they win the division.
It was a must win for confidence moving forward. Dropping a game to Miami won’t resonate well in the locker room.

Tie breaker? They will be playing golf sooner than later. A week’s difference, maybe.

They do have an incredibly easy schedule moving forward, though.

It was a must win for confidence moving forward. Dropping a game to Miami won’t resonate well in the locker room.

Tie breaker? They will be playing golf sooner than later. A week’s difference, maybe.

They do have an incredibly easy schedule moving forward, though.

Nice twist but I define (as do most people) a "must win" as that you must win it or else you're done. That is clearly not the case. The way Dallas is playing right now it's a race to the bottom. It helps to have two home games against the NYG every year.

Nice twist but I define (as do most people) a "must win" as that you must win it or else you're done. That is clearly not the case. The way Dallas is playing right now it's a race to the bottom. It helps to have two home games against the NYG every year.

Yeah, semantics aside I learned (as did most people) Philly is all done. Easy schedule should allow them to back into the playoffs. Should. Yet just a mere formality at this point as they won’t win anything.

Yeah, semantics aside I learned (as did most people) Philly is all done. Easy schedule should allow them to back into the playoffs. Should. Yet just a mere formality at this point as they won’t win anything.

You got all the bases covered with those comments. lol

I don't know about you but I'd just like to make the playoffs and host a playoff game. Anything after that is gravy.

You got all the bases covered with those comments. lol

I don't know about you but I'd just like to make the playoffs and host a playoff game. Anything after that is gravy.
Yeah as I posted earlier today, nobody should take my NFL opinions too seriously.

Eagles win out, and that momentum could lead to big things in the playoffs. Because sports.

the goal posts were moved ? You changed the entire sport when your replies to his comments about the Baltimore offense being unstoppable were “so is the 49ers”

I'm not even sure what you're referring to.

This was the original post to which I responded (emphasis added):

Ravens tore up the Patriots D.
They are tearing up the 49ers D.
They are legit and I legitimately don’t know how to stop them barring them fumbling the ball.

My response:

Not really. They have 158 yards at the half. SF had over 200

Baltimore's offense did not, by any objective measure, "tear up" the 49ers D. They finished with <300 yards in total offense.

Nowhere did I say that the Niners offense is unstoppable - I simply said that, to that point, they (same as the Ravens) had punted once.

Yeah as I posted earlier today, nobody should take my NFL opinions too seriously.

Eagles win out, and that momentum could lead to big things in the playoffs. Because sports.

Particularly the NFL. The Eagles have a ton of issues but if they're hosting a wild card game then whomever comes to the Linc should not be expecting a cakewalk.

Thx to the Dallas loss to Buffalo that loss to Miami doesn't change anything. Eagles have the tie-breaker right now over the Cowboys if they split head to head.

Philly should have the same record as Dallas right now and be in the driver’s seat with their remaining games.

Instead they’re a game back in their quest to be the tallest midget.

Perhaps Big Blew and the Skins lay down and erase that one game deficit in a few weeks.

But if Dallas beats Chicago on Thursday and the Iggs stub their toe against Danny Fumbles on MNF then things get hairier than Gorilla Monsoon for Carsy-cakes.

Congrats though - he’s almost made it through a full regular season. If he starts a WC game in January I would consider it a successful season for Bird fans.

Philly should have the same record as Dallas right now and be in the driver’s seat with their remaining games.

Instead they’re a game back in their quest to be the tallest midget.

Perhaps Big Blew and the Skins lay down and erase that one game deficit in a few weeks.

But if Dallas beats Chicago on Thursday and the Iggs stub their toe against Danny Fumbles on MNF then things get hairier than Gorilla Monsoon for Carsy-cakes.

Congrats though - he’s almost made it through a full regular season. If he starts a WC game in January I would consider it a successful season for Bird fans.
This is how you burn all of your division opponents in one post.

again denver/chargers coaches are idiots. 50 secs to go 2 TOs and denver sits on them lets chargers run it down to under 20 and kick a FG to tie.. if you call the TO chargers have to decide with a dead ball to play the fake game or go for it but you leave time on the clock to win it..

Chargers with a BRITAL PI to give Denver a shot to win in regulation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom