NFL Thread | Page 201 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be curious how many back-breaking BS Pass Interference calls have gone against Gilmore now that he's a Patriot. Probably none. He's being "coached better" (even though their secondary stinks to high-heaven)
Gilmore has been out the last 3 weeks and the Patriots D has given up 17, 7, 13 points in those games.

Gilmore isn’t exactly the brightest bulb apparently. He only wants to play man while the Pats D is all about changing during the game.

He will be gone after next year.

Gilmore has been out the last 3 weeks and the Patriots D has given up 17, 7, 13 points in those games.

Gilmore isn’t exactly the brightest bulb apparently. He only wants to play man while the Pats D is all about changing during the game.

He will be gone after next year.

Just out of curiosity, who is the backup QB in NE now?

By the way, I agree with you on this. The D has looked much better without Gilmore playing. He can't be happy about that.

Just out of curiosity, who is the backup QB in NE now?

By the way, I agree with you on this. The D has looked much better without Gilmore playing. He can't be happy about that.
They are going to get Hoyer.

He was originally in the Jimmy G deal but was taken out because the Pats didnt want him in the trade as he would factor into the compensatory draft picks and dropped the 3rd rounder they are projected to get for Martellus Bennett going to Green Bay down to a 4th rounder.
By San Fran releasing him and he can sign with anybody immediately it saves the Pats 30 spots in the draft.

Hoyer is 99% coming to New England and he knows the system spending 4 years as Brady’s backup.

The Dolphins traded a stud RB for a 4th round pick.

How?

What a steal for Philly.

Freaking love this. What a score. This is bolstering the position for the future. Blount is getting older and someone I want to see more just around the goaline in the future. Sproles is probably done. Smallwood is injury prone in his early career and not very physical. Clement is solid. They played MIA in the preseason and Ajayi was the best player on the field. Running all over them, breaking tackles, etc.

I think Ajayi has some long term durability concerns too with his knees. I've always thought Blount stinks though.
Who cares who the NE backup is - they were always screwed if Brady got hurt whether it's Jimmy G or Brissett or Hoyer or Tom Tupa. Maybe not as bad as GB with Meatball Mike but still screwed.

The Dolphins traded a stud RB for a 4th round pick.

How?

What a steal for Philly.
Easy picking to send a message to the vets/lockerroom. Ajayi’s shelf life is short and Drake’s been impressing at practices ajayi cant participate in due to knee issues

I think Ajayi has some long term durability concerns too with his knees. I've always thought Blount stinks though.
Who cares who the NE backup is - they were always screwed if Brady got hurt whether it's Jimmy G or Brissett or Hoyer or Tom Tupa. Maybe not as bad as GB with Meatball Mike but still screwed.
I will say I do honestly think Jimmy G is a good QB so for that reason I am pissed but I don’t think he could save the Patriots this season if Brady went down. The Pats OL blows this year and Brady knows how to deal with that.
Garrapolo will be a solid starter in the league.

Easy picking to send a message to the vets/lockerroom. Ajayi’s shelf life is short and Drake’s been impressing at practices ajayi cant participate in due to knee issues
4th round pick for a top 10 RB who still has a year left after this year on his rookie deal is crazy.

Gaze knows what he is doing but man Ajayi must have pissed some coaches off or been a cancer.

4th round pick for a top 10 RB who still has a year left after this year on his rookie deal is crazy.

Gaze knows what he is doing but man Ajayi must have pissed some coaches off or been a cancer.
From what I’ve read, him and landry were not the mature veteran leaders that they were expected to become. Both were hot heads putting themselves infront of the team. I dont mind seeing a ajayi go. I hope landry goes too, in return for more fair compensation of course. Our Coach is a winner, i trust him to do what needs to be done to whip these bad news phins into shape.

Much like Dallas last year ( who missed their boat via Aaron Rodgers arm), Philly has the best shot to finally get that ring this year. Zeke or no Zeke, my cowboys defense is just not good. They barely got past a limping Redskins team who kept giving the ball away.

Philly has the perfect mesh of talent on both sides to get it done. Would suck to have to listen to all the eagles fans now claim a title but have to figure this could be their best shot. Dallas is not whole, no Rodgers, Atlanta has taken a step back and whoever comes out of the AFC will have more flaws than this Philly team.

From what I’ve read, him and landry were not the mature veteran leaders that they were expected to become. Both were hot heads putting themselves infront of the team. I dont mind seeing a ajayi go. I hope landry goes too, in return for more fair compensation of course. Our Coach is a winner, i trust him to do what needs to be done to whip these bad news phins into shape.
Is Gaze stupid I just read that Landry may be on his way to New England for a 3rd round pick.

Much like Dallas last year ( who missed their boat via Aaron Rodgers arm), Philly has the best shot to finally get that ring this year. Zeke or no Zeke, my cowboys defense is just not good. They barely got past a limping Redskins team who kept giving the ball away.

Philly has the perfect mesh of talent on both sides to get it done. Would suck to have to listen to all the eagles fans now claim a title but have to figure this could be their best shot. Dallas is not whole, no Rodgers, Atlanta has taken a step back and whoever comes out of the AFC will have more flaws than this Philly team.

They are the most complete team but a lot of times those well rounded, don't do anything great teams are the ones that lose after their bye. The Linc is a crappy homefield adv. too much like Dallas.

Seattle-Philadelphia NFC title game.

2 of New England-Pittsburgh-Kansas City AFC title game.

I think the Rams are a legit darkhorse. Good defense, good coaching staff, killer skill positions, Goff is good enough to not hold them back. Incredibly unlucky vs Seattle - it was ridiculous they didn't win that game. If they weren't "the Rams" they'd rank as a higher contender.

Philly is pretty young too and should be setup to make deep runs now for a few years. Also, they have overcome lots of injuries. Darby, Sproles, Maragos, Jordan Hicks, Sidney Jones (was most likely going to be a starter), now Peters, etc. All they need is a new LT (Vaitai isn’t a long term answer, IMO) through the draft or FA in the offseason.

I think the Rams are a legit darkhorse. Good defense, good coaching staff, killer skill positions, Goff is good enough to not hold them back. Incredibly unlucky vs Seattle - it was ridiculous they didn't win that game. If they weren't "the Rams" they'd rank as a higher contender.

Definitely.

Seattle-Philadelphia NFC title game.

2 of New England-Pittsburgh-Kansas City AFC title game.
Ugh.

Of all years for the Giants to shlit the bed.

Philly is pretty young too and should be setup to make deep runs now for a few years. Also, they have overcome lots of injuries. Darby, Sproles, Maragos, Jordan Hicks, Sidney Jones (was most likely going to be a starter), now Peters, etc. All they need is a new LT (Vaitai isn’t a long term answer, IMO) through the draft or FA in the offseason.

Definitely a possibility. I expect it to be their defense that keeps them in the hunt. That is unless Wentz proves to have the it factor like a Rodgers or Brady. Otherwise repeat success seems to be a rarity. Seattle and their D being the other team.

I'm not really convinced that Ajayi is a significant upgrade over Blount tbh, and if we take Miami's reporters at face value (obviously they have a reason to try to sell the trade though), it sounds like Miami fears that Ajayi is pretty much used up at this point.

Is Gaze stupid I just read that Landry may be on his way to New England for a 3rd round pick.
Link? I’ll have a meltdown that’d make any post cuse basketball loss thread blush.

I'm not really convinced that Ajayi is a significant upgrade over Blount tbh, and if we take Miami's reporters at face value (obviously they have a reason to try to sell the trade though), it sounds like Miami fears that Ajayi is pretty much used up at this point.

I think the Eagles know that they are getting a guy who has some injury concerns. That team was a mess. OL in disarray at times. No continuity. Cutler playing poorly. The whole team was in disarray as well IMO because the hurricane displacement/evacuation at the beginning of the season, all that crazy travel with those early long consecutive road trips post-displacement, etc. Ajayi is faster, more explosive, more shifty, than Blount. If he hasn’t regressed physically from how he looked in the preseason then I think it will all sort itself out postively.

Ajayi's knee is also bone on bone. Why he fell to Rd 5 of the draft and he probably only has 1 or 2 years left as an NFL player. Or at least as a "quality" NFL player

The Pats could not use the franchise tag on JG because he is a UFA.
Well, both weei and the sports hub disagree. They both have said today that the Pats could have put the tag on Jimmy G. Just heard it again as I am typing this. I am pretty sure you are wrong.

Well, both weei and the sports hub disagree. They both have said today that the Pats could have put the tag on Jimmy G. Just heard it again as I am typing this. I am pretty sure you are wrong.
You are right Dash.

I would save and copy that line for future use, it likely will never be used again...

U can franchise a guy 2x, anyone. I believe year 2 means he gets a premium on the average salary.

Status
Not open for further replies.