NFL Thread | Page 202 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Landry apparently has been told he is not being traded. Still 40 minutes for that DE or WR Alacs has coming NE's way.

Landry apparently has been told he is not being traded. Still 40 minutes for that DE or WR Alacs has coming NE's way.
It’s time for my annual WTH is Belichick doing post like when he traded Jamie Collins last year.

Oh well it is what it is. Patriots can look at the Giants and see what true frustration is.

Any non-Super Bowl season is considered a failure and that is a joke for the Patriots spoiled fanbase.
Division titles and bye weeks are a given.

Just out of curiosity, who is the backup QB in NE now?

By the way, I agree with you on this. The D has looked much better without Gilmore playing. He can't be happy about that.
Huh Huh Huh
You said Happy Gillnore

It’s time for my annual WTH is Belichick doing post like when he traded Jamie Collins last year.

Oh well it is what it is. Patriots can look at the Giants and see what true frustration is.

Any non-Super Bowl season is considered a failure and that is a joke for the Patriots spoiled fanbase.
Division titles and bye weeks are a given.
It helps when you play in the NFL's version of the Atlantic 10. It reminds me of Coach Cal saying that he would play anyone anywhere when he was at UMass. Yeah, when you have 6 easy wins a year, getting a bye isn't so hard. A few years ago, the Giants went 4-0 against the AFC East. That was one of the two times that the Giants whipped the Pats in the Super Bowl. And yeah, yeah, the AFC east isn't a joke this year. Finally.

Deadline has come and gone - didn't see anything.
Did you see where Jimmy G could have had the Franchise tag put on him after this season?

Freaking love this. What a score. This is bolstering the position for the future. Blount is getting older and someone I want to see more just around the goaline in the future. Sproles is probably done. Smallwood is injury prone in his early career and not very physical. Clement is solid. They played MIA in the preseason and Ajayi was the best player on the field. Running all over them, breaking tackles, etc.

I hope you're right. Whispers out of Miami is that JA has serious knee issues. Might be BS. I hope he can pick up blitzers tho cuz none of the existing three are very good at it.

Well, both weei and the sports hub disagree. They both have said today that the Pats could have put the tag on Jimmy G. Just heard it again as I am typing this. I am pretty sure you are wrong.

I read otherwise. Just going by what I read. That said, even if he could have been franchised that's an awful lot of money to pay a backup.

I read otherwise. Just going by what I read. That said, even if he could have been franchised that's an awful lot of money to pay a backup.
All year long, I've heard they could franchise him next year.

If they changed the rules????...I don't know...

They wouldn't have done that as they proved by trading him. They could have put the tag on him and then traded him. I think that would have been the smarter move.

All year long, I've heard they could franchise him next year.

If they changed the rules????...I don't know...
They didn't. I don't think all of these sports reporters in Boston would get that wrong.

They wouldn't have done that as they proved by trading him. They could have put the tag on him and then traded him. I think that would have been the smarter move.

I've read that NE is likely to franchise Malcolm Butler. That seems to make more sense than franchising a backup QB. Either way the market knew that NE had to trade him because he's a UFA.

They didn't. I don't think all of these sports reporters in Boston would get that wrong.

You're right. They could have franchised him. But it would make zero sense to do so.

You're right. They could have franchised him. But it would make zero sense to do so.
You think it would make zero sense to franchise him, trade him after the season and let the new team re work his contract? That makes sense to me and I think the Pats could have got a better return at the end of the season.

You think it would make zero sense to franchise him, trade him after the season and let the new team re work his contract? That makes sense to me and I think the Pats could have got a better return at the end of the season.

The estimate to franchise JG after the 2017 season is $23.7 million. Follow the $$$. No NFL team is going to pay a backup QB that kind of dough.

The estimate to franchise JG after the 2017 season is $23.7 million. Follow the $$$. No NFL team is going to pay a backup QB that kind of dough.
You aren't following me. I wouldn't franchise and keep him. I would franchise him and trade him. The new team can re work his deal and have their franchise qb. The Pats were never going to franchise him and keep him. I have never suggested that. Trading him at the end of the season opens them up to more suitors. We don't know who gets hurt and might even miss next year. Zero sense trading him now. Doesn't help your team this year at all.

It helps when you play in the NFL's version of the Atlantic 10. It reminds me of Coach Cal saying that he would play anyone anywhere when he was at UMass. Yeah, when you have 6 easy wins a year, getting a bye isn't so hard. A few years ago, the Giants went 4-0 against the AFC East. That was one of the two times that the Giants whipped the Pats in the Super Bowl. And yeah, yeah, the AFC east isn't a joke this year. Finally.
Jets have been to the AFC title game 3 times since 2001.
Plus they had another year in 2004 they lost to Pittsburgh in OT in the AFC divisional round(Pats went into Pittsburgh the next week and housed the Steelers)

The Dolphins have been better than the Redskins. Only the Bills have been non competitive during the Brady Era.

Brady is .500 at Miami. These teams tailor their rosters for the Pats.

Giants have 2 rings so the fanbase should be happy but it’s been more feast or famine. I would take the Giants last 10 years over the Packers last 10 years.
Packers have been in it every year but only 1 ring. My point was though the Patriots fanbase scoffs at 12-4 and the 2 seed.

It’s beyond spoiled. Also the Patriots have the best record against the other conference since 2002.

You aren't following me. I wouldn't franchise and keep him. I would franchise him and trade him. The new team can re work his deal and have their franchise qb. The Pats were never going to franchise him and keep him. I have never suggested that. Trading him at the end of the season opens them up to more suitors. We don't know who gets hurt and might even miss next year. Zero sense trading him now. Doesn't help your team this year at all.

I guess that's possible. But now every team in the NFL knows you don't want to pay him $23 million. I told alsacs a long time ago they were never going to get a first rounder for JG. NFL teams are loathe to give up first rounders.

The Patriots could have franchised Garrapolo and traded him.

They did it in 2008 with Matt Cassel.
The Pats franchised Cassel and traded him and Mike Vrabel for a high 2nd round pick.

I guess that's possible. But now every team in the NFL knows you don't want to pay him $23 million. I told alsacs a long time ago they were never going to get a first rounder for JG. NFL teams are loathe to give up first rounders.
Belichick admited on the conference call he didn’t market JG.

He called the 49ers yesterday and made the deal.

New England reporters are saying Kraft told Belichick he couldn’t trade Brady after this season so Belichick traded him now. I disagree with it now but Belichick said this was the window to do it.

Cleveland wasn’t even notified JG was available yesterday I bet they would have given up the Texans first round pick if Belichick marketed JG.

He traded him to the NFC and in his conference call admitted he really liked JG and the coaching he is going to get is top notch.

Bills are in it to win it.

Very cool that Jax, Buffalo, and Philly are making trade moves to push for the playoffs.

Bills are in it to win it.

Very cool that Jax, Buffalo, and Philly are making trade moves to push for the playoffs.
The NFL taking the trade deadline seriously...is a HUGE step for the league.

It will help with October ratings next year too.

4 WRs in 1 game...

Belichick admited on the conference call he didn’t market JG.

He called the 49ers yesterday and made the deal.

New England reporters are saying Kraft told Belichick he couldn’t trade Brady after this season so Belichick traded him now. I disagree with it now but Belichick said this was the window to do it.

Cleveland wasn’t even notified JG was available yesterday I bet they would have given up the Texans first round pick if Belichick marketed JG.

He traded him to the NFC and in his conference call admitted he really liked JG and the coaching he is going to get is top notch.

A lot of conjecture there. Hard to believe the Pats could have gotten better but feared having JG in the AFC. They're afraid of the Cleveland Browns?

The Patriots could have franchised Garrapolo and traded him.

They did it in 2008 with Matt Cassel.
The Pats franchised Cassel and traded him and Mike Vrabel for a high 2nd round pick.

Why didn't they?

Status
Not open for further replies.