NFL Thread | Page 203 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why didn't they?
I think because the franchise tag in 2008 was 14.5 million and this year would have been 23 million.

That had a lot to do with it.

I think because the franchise tag in 2008 was 14.5 million and this year would have been 23 million.

That had a lot to do with it.

Amen. That's what I posted earlier. That's an insane amount for a backup QB.

It helps when you play in the NFL's version of the Atlantic 10. It reminds me of Coach Cal saying that he would play anyone anywhere when he was at UMass. Yeah, when you have 6 easy wins a year, getting a bye isn't so hard. A few years ago, the Giants went 4-0 against the AFC East. That was one of the two times that the Giants whipped the Pats in the Super Bowl. And yeah, yeah, the AFC east isn't a joke this year. Finally.

That explains why their win % is about exactly the same outside the division.
The other 3 teams don't have the luxury everyone else has of sometimes hosting a playoff game because they play in a garbage division & don't have to deal with Godzilla all the time.
Marrone went 4-0 vs the NFC North.

If this guys twitter feed is true I wouldn’t be surprised to see McDaniels take over in Foxboro sooner rather than later.

Golf Channel guy, SU grad, appears to be plugged into to someone somehow.

The other 3 teams don't have the luxury everyone else has of sometimes hosting a playoff game because they play in a garbage division & don't have to deal with Godzilla all the time.
This year. The Bills, the Jets and the phins have been a absolute joke for the better part of the last 15 years. The pats aren't pushed in their division which wouldn't have happened if they played in other divisions.

Dont let facts get in the way of a good bashing.

Amen. That's what I posted earlier. That's an insane amount for a backup QB.
lol Good God. No one said they should bring Jimmy G back under the franchise tag. The tag would have been used to trade him and get better value. You know that was the play that was talked about.

lol Good God. No one said they should bring Jimmy G back under the franchise tag. The tag would have been used to trade him and get better value. You know that was the play that was talked about.

Let's take this step by step.

You must agree that there are several NFL teams in need of a QB. They have that need RIGHT NOW. Those teams by and large are pretty much out of the playoff picture (SF, NYJ, Cleveland to name a few but I think Indy, AZ even LAC can fit in that picture due to age/health of their existing QBs. Why is it that those teams would somehow be more willing to deal in the offseason than now? And how does NE create more leverage by franchising JG? Now everybody knows they have to trade him because nobody in their right mind would believe they'd want to pay him $23 million. And then what if they can't move him for what they hoped to get. Then they're screwed. I just don't see the logic of franchising him. The NE Patriots are a very savvy organization. If that move made sense they would have done it.

Pats sign Brian Hoyer to a 3 year deal.
Basically he was part of the Garrapolo trade but for compensatory pick reasons wasn’t.
Green Bay tried to sign Hoyer so it that tell us Rodgers might not be back this year.

A lot of conjecture there. Hard to believe the Pats could have gotten better but feared having JG in the AFC. They're afraid of the Cleveland Browns?

Speculation I heard yesterday from a Pats beat writer who calls into a radio show up here is that Belichek is still pissed at Cleveland for firing him when he was there. No idea if that is true or not, but it's a fun story.

Speculation I heard yesterday from a Pats beat writer who calls into a radio show up here is that Belichek is still pissed at Cleveland for firing him when he was there. No idea if that is true or not, but it's a fun story.
I suppose he could be mad at the people of Cleveland for booing him or whatever, but as far as organizations go...he coached the ‘ravens’.

And Art Modell is dead and and sold the team.

I suppose he could be mad at the people of Cleveland for booing him or whatever, but as far as organizations go...he coached the ‘ravens’.

And Art Modell is dead and and sold the team.

Just relaying what I heard skippy.

Belichick has made a lot of trades with the Browns.
He traded Jaime Collins to the Browns last trade deadline for a 3rd round pick.
He traded a pick for Barevious Mingo in 2016 preseason.

It wasn’t a Browns thing. He could have wanted to keep Garrapolo out of the AFC but I doubt it had to do with Cleveland. As a more competitive Cleveland hurts Pittsburgh which helps him.

Belichick has made a lot of trades with the Browns.
He traded Jaime Collins to the Browns last trade deadline for a 3rd round pick.
He traded a pick for Barevious Mingo in 2016 preseason.

It wasn’t a Browns thing. He could have wanted to keep Garrapolo out of the AFC but I doubt it had to do with Cleveland. As a more competitive Cleveland hurts Pittsburgh which helps him.
As for the Steelers, my lord, they might as well just be in the AFC East when it comes to the patsies.

Brady and bill OWN them.

As for the Steelers, my lord, they might as well just be in the AFC East when it comes to the patsies.

Brady and bill OWN them.
While I agree with you I will say this is the first year the Steelers are finally playing man to man defensively.

Brady owns them because they always play zone and Brady destroys zone. The Steelers after last years AFC title beatdown realized they have to play man to man to beat New England. I will say I still think the Pats matchup good with Pittsburgh and poorly with Kansas City.
Whomever gets the 2 seed will have to beat both teams to make the Super Bowl.

Yeah and not hard to believe BB would hold a 20 year grudge.

Yeah and not hard to believe BB would hold a 20 year grudge.
Cleveland didn’t fire BB.

The Ravens organization fired him.
So what grudge? He has made plenty of trades with Cleveland the past few years.

That would actually not make sense. He should be pissed with the Ravens as the ownership (at the time) that fired him went on to Baltimore. The Browns leadership/ownership when they came back in 1999 never had anything to do with Belichick.

Cleveland didn’t fire BB.

The Ravens organization fired him.
So what grudge? He has made plenty of trades with Cleveland the past few years.
Didn't see this when I put up my post above. Yeah it would make no sense to be upset with Cleveland

I don't know which one was more embarrassing the fact that they couldn't get a deal done in time, or what they were going to give up for AJ Mccarron, their incompetence actually bailed them out from making a horrible deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.