NFL Thread | Page 213 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. Skins went into prevent and got roasted.

Saints D got exposed today tho. Gave up nearly 500 yards to a team with a very banged up OL, best RB went down, no Jordan Reid.

Outside of the QB position they might be the most talented team in the NFL, but not sure I’d feel great about Case Keenum or Teddy Bridgewater going toe to to against Brees, Wentz or Russell Wilson in the playoffs.
Eh, Wentz is still pretty much an unknown playoffs wise.

There's a lot to be said for just going with the best QB in the playoffs. But so what, this is kind of a wonky NFL season. Let's see some weird teams and QBs win a Super Bowl.

This Raiders D might be the worst I have seen in a while.
They have Mack and nothing.

Saints D got exposed today tho. Gave up nearly 500 yards to a team with a very banged up OL, best RB went down, no Jordan Reid.

Lattimore left the game injured. The Saints can be exposed by teams with good tight ends. See Gronk and Vernon Davis.

Lattimore left the game injured. The Saints can be exposed by teams with good tight ends. See Gronk and Vernon Davis.

Don't get me wrong - phenomenal comeback by the Saints. Keeps them in the hunt for home field advantage as a loss would have damaged those chances a lot.

But it was a lot more than Vernon Davis doing damage. On the ground and in the air the Skins moved the ball pretty easily.

Don't get me wrong - phenomenal comeback by the Saints. Keeps them in the hunt for home field advantage as a loss would have damaged those chances a lot.

But it was a lot more than Vernon Davis doing damage. On the ground and in the air the Skins moved the ball pretty easily.
Yards are irrelevant it’s all about points given up.
Now today they gave up too many points but Belichick always says he will give up yards he wants to tight up and prevent TDs.

Saints D is improved it’s not Minnesota but it’s good enough especially with the Saints offense.

Marshawn Lynch sits for the American anthem and stands for the Mexican anthem. He's very easy to root against.

Yards are irrelevant it’s all about points given up.
Now today they gave up too many points but Belichick always says he will give up yards he wants to tight up and prevent TDs.

Saints D is improved it’s not Minnesota but it’s good enough especially with the Saints offense.

I watched the entire game. Skins rolled up and down the field and scored 31 points. With a depleted OL.

I’m not going to freak out over one game. The Skins moved the ball up and down the field on the Vikings too. When we needed a stop to get the offense the ball back they went 3 and out. With this offense it doesn’t need to be perfect.

The Raiders are terrible.

Tony Romo wants to have Brady’s kids.
I love Romo is killing the Raiders WRs like every play when they have the ball.
It’s either Carr told him something or really hates Crabtree/Roberts for some reason.

This honestly is embarrassing defensive from the Raiders.

Romo loves the Patriots.

I love Romo is killing the Raiders WRs like every play when they have the ball.
It’s either Carr told him something or really hates Crabtree/Roberts for some reason.

This honestly is embarrassing defensive from the Raiders.

Romo loves the Patriots.

The Saints are playing awesome this year, but I really do miss those Cooks bombs. Not sure there’s a faster guy in the NFL.

The Saints are playing awesome this year, but I really do miss those Cooks bombs. Not sure there’s a faster guy in the NFL.
Cooks was the missing piece on the Patriots offense if they had Edelman then Cooks would have more bombs.

The Patriots aren’t going to lose this game so I kinda want to see Belichick let Gostkowski attempt a 70 plus yarder.

I’m not going to freak out over one game. The Skins moved the ball up and down the field on the Vikings too. When we needed a stop to get the offense the ball back they went 3 and out. With this offense it doesn’t need to be perfect.

Fair point. Every team has areas of potential weakness - in NO's case it has always been the defense. And while it's definitely improved a lot I still think ultimately it will be their undoing if they have to play on the road in the playoffs. Their offense is about as good as it gets.

Tyron Smith is inactive for Dak’s health Garrett better have an adjustment on the OL.

I think Philly smokes Dallas tonight. No way the Cowboys have a chance against that defensive front with all the guys they have out.

I was lol'ing at the beginning of the season when everyone was banking on the chefs for postseason. They're starting to be like ku hoops, they crack when it matters. They've shown no different in the last 30 years. They need to prove they can do something when it counts and I'll be a believer.

Took them awhile to get going but it was only a matter of time. Dallas is awful this year. They need a complete coaching overhaul. And if they could get Jerrah to go to that would be awesome.
Seems like Dallas has had the most talent for ten years without results.

Eagles look really legit.

If the SB were played next Sunday I'd like their chances. But unfortunately it won't be played for another 2-1/2 months from now. Oh btw get Wentz the hell out of the game right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.