NFL Thread | Page 223 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
OrangeDW- we disagree. I think OBJ is a flaming, selfish aye-hole whose behavior is indefensible. And his tweet shows that he just doesn't get it.

OrangeDW- we disagree. I think OBJ is a flaming, selfish aye-hole whose behavior is indefensible. And his tweet shows that he just doesn't get it.

He’s a passionate competitor who loves the game.

Has little to do with Goodell, he's just taking orders from the NFL owners. The NFL brings in $450 million each year for two years with TNF. That's $14 million per team each year. If they brought it to a vote and the players had to reckon with the idea of a smaller salary cap I'm not sure they'd want to get rid of TNF. Even tho they should.
This why I proposed my modified schedule with games coming off a bye.

The NFL is not going back to Labor Day Kickoff, the partnership with college has made it much better. Adding another week there is good too, it's just so rushed with back to school stuff etc and as I mentioned, with baseballs expanded playoffs and more teams in the playoff hunt, playing earlier eats into ratings. Speaking of ratings, there is a sports void in Feb till march madness, this would fill the gap some.

As far as the weather goes, football is a cold weather sport, it could give an advantage to us cold weather teams.

He’s a passionate competitor who loves the game.

Fair enough but that's an incomplete sentence. who loves the game but unfortunately gets wildly out of control in ways that hurt his team.

This why I proposed my modified schedule with games coming off a bye.

The NFL is not going back to Labor Day Kickoff, the partnership with college has made it much better. Adding another week there is good too, it's just so rushed with back to school stuff etc and as I mentioned, with baseballs expanded playoffs and more teams in the playoff hunt, playing earlier eats into ratings. Speaking of ratings, there is a sports void in Feb till march madness, this would fill the gap some.

As far as the weather goes, football is a cold weather sport, it could give an advantage to us cold weather teams.

Nah, global warming will take care of that ... ;)

Blake freaking Bortles

Playing an excellent game

Nate is calling a great game

That unsportsmanlike penalty on the Rams DB is going to be death of football my god.
You can't talk trash anymore?
Jeez.
The game is going beyond PC if you can't talk smack when your opponent drops the ball.

Carson Wentz might have broken a bone in his back area.
That shot was big.

It was only a matter of time before Wentz got hurt. It appears it was his knee.

It's a left knee injury for Wentz and based on Erin Andrews report it looks very serious.

First time I've seen the Jags D this year. Yikes.
Jags have a top 3 D.
Campbell should be a serious DPOY of candidate.
Their problem is Blake Bortles in a road playoff game.
He is a bottom 5 starting QB in the league.

Jags have a top 3 D.
Campbell should be a serious DPOY of candidate.
Their problem is Blake Bortles in a road playoff game.
He is a bottom 5 starting QB in the league.

I thought the Jags D wasn’t elite?

Seattle D playing like a bunch of little bitches. Got a house full of attitude. Lots of post whistle crap, talking and bumping, then they come hard on a victory formation snap when the game is essentially over. Twice, no less. Bitches. The sad thing is they're good enough they don't have to be like that. Then idiot Jefferson wants to go into the stands after getting tossed. Enjoy the flight home, it's a long one.

And in that situation, why can't the officials just roll the downs and send everybody home?

Last edited:
I thought the Jags D wasn’t elite?
When did I ever say that?
I have killed the Jags because of Bortles who sucks.

They have a great D but that D won't win them games against good QBs or offenses in the playoffs that will score 20+.

I would rather play the Jags than the Chiefs in the playoffs if I am NE.

Sounds like Wentz tore his ACL according to Schefter.
Awful news.
He ran the ball because his RT held and gave him a lane.
If the RT gives up the sack that injury likely doesn't happen.

Thank the heavens the point spread was Rams -2.
If the point spread was Eagles-2 that last play would have been brutal.

Fine I misused the word elite.
The Jags have a good D.
Their D isn't good enough to carry Blake Bortles in the playoffs.
So by the standard its not an elite D. I misued the word in this thread an hour ago.
For the regular season I would say the Jags D is good enough to carry the team.
This team isn't winning squat in the playoffs.
Give me Blake Bortles in Gillette all day long in January. Chargers and Chiefs are way more dangerous than Jaguars in the playoffs.

Also the Jaguars commit a ton of stupid PFs that will hurt them when they play good teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.