NFL Thread | Page 224 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fine I misused the word elite.
The Jags have a good D.
Their D isn't good enough to carry Blake Bortles in the playoffs.
So by the standard its not an elite D. I misued the word in this thread an hour ago.
For the regular season I would say the Jags D is good enough to carry the team.
This team isn't winning squat in the playoffs.
Give me Blake Bortles in Gillette all day long in January. Chargers and Chiefs are way more dangerous than Jaguars in the playoffs.

Also the Jaguars commit a ton of stupid PFs that will hurt them when they play good teams.

In the 15 games since Marrone took over Bortles has had 9 games without a pick. He had 11 of those in his first 44.

10-5 vs 10-34.

Since Marrone took over he's been far from a bottom five QB.

Captives of old narratives get skinned.

In the 15 games since Marrone took over Bortles has had 9 games without a pick. He had 11 of those in his first 44.

10-5 vs 10-34.

Since Marrone took over he's been far from a bottom five QB.

Captives of old narratives get skinned.
Marrone has done a fine job but Blake Bortles without including backups is one of the worst starting QBs in the league.
Marrone smartly doesn’t put the onus on the passing game to win.

Marrone has done a fine job but Blake Bortles without including backups is one of the worst starting QBs in the league.
Marrone smartly doesn’t put the onus on the passing game to win.

Old narratives

Old narratives
Completion percentage 59.8
QB rating 83.2
QBR 53.4
212 passing yards per game.
The guy is being managed to put the game in the hands of their running game.
Bortles is not good.
It’s not an old narrative.
Watch how fast the Jaguars move on from him this offseason.

Thank the heavens the point spread was Rams -2.
If the point spread was Eagles-2 that last play would have been brutal.

That woulda been a tough one but I'm looking forward to the Browns featured 'Bad Beats' segment on SVP.

Michael Bennett is a
Seattle D playing like a bunch of little bitches. Got a house full of attitude. Lots of post whistle crap, talking and bumping, then they come hard on a victory formation snap when the game is essentially over. Twice, no less. Bitches. The sad thing is they're good enough they don't have to be like that. Then idiot Jefferson wants to go into the stands after getting tossed. Enjoy the flight home, it's a long one.

And in that situation, why can't the officials just roll the downs and send everybody home?

The hopeless optimist in me actually thought for a second that was precisely what Carroll was trying to do. But nah. Of course not.
Michael Bennett is a pathetic piece of garbage. Nice man of the year nominee, Seattle.

That Wentz injury is on nobody else but Doug Pederson. He's got two sledgehammer backs and he goes to an empty backfield on first and goal from the two yard line. Against a team ranked 27th against the run. Freakin' moron. He's been putting Wentz in harm's way all year long.

With the win today the Eagles will clinch home field throughout the playoffs even if they lose one of their last three (@NYG, Oakland and Dallas). They've got the tiebreakers. Dallas game likely to mean nothing for Philly.

That said, without Wentz their chances of winning a SB took a major hit today.

Michael Bennett is going to be sitting out next week.

The amount of cheap shots lately is crazy. Bunch of punks and fake tough guys. No integrity.

Fans throwing stuff at Jefferson is extremely low too.

Amzing how many people are such scumbags after they get a few beers in them.

Last edited:
The hopeless optimist in me actually thought for a second that was precisely what Carroll was trying to do. But nah. Of course not.
Michael Bennett is a pathetic piece of garbage. Nice man of the year nominee, Seattle.

Carroll doesn't care about individual players so much as he was trying to keep his players for getting suspended because he has a game next week.

"Hey Pete, you freaking bonehead, just pull your starters off the field" and it's over."

pete.jpg

Average age of this officiating crew is somewhere north of 60. lol

The amount of cheap shots lately is crazy. Bunch of punks and fake tough guys. No integrity.

Fans throwing stuff at Jefferson is extremely low too.

Amzing how many people are such scumbags after they get a few beers in them.
Bennett gets the Gronk 1 game suspension.

Roll phins.

Alsacs ready to watch the game on mute tonight
I am interested in seeing the old throwback aqua uniforms tonight.

Jarvis Landry predicted a sweep this year right.
Also with Cuse alum(and Patriots fan) Sean McDonough on the call no mute for me.

I am interested in seeing the old throwback aqua uniforms tonight.

Jarvis Landry predicted a sweep this year right.
Also with Cuse alum(and Patriots fan) Sean McDonough on the call no mute for me.
Always muting december pats matchups. I expect a good game, as the phins arent bad vs Tom at home, but I just want Tannehill back.

Hopefully this game will be some good clean Monday night fun.

Always muting december pats matchups. I expect a good game, as the phins arent bad vs Tom at home, but I just want Tannehill back.

Hopefully this game will be some good clean Monday night fun.
The greatest Patriots team in my lifetime. The 2004 team went down to Miami on a Monday night they were 12 and one and they lost on the last second to AJ Feeley and those hideous Dolphins orange jerseys.

The Patriots needed that loss to wake up they went 14-2 and won their 3rd SB.

What's your punishment for Michael Bennett? That was outrageous! Bad enough the first time but then he went after him a second time!

Status
Not open for further replies.