NFL Thread | Page 227 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
NYT playoff machine says NE loses tonight and at Pitt and Jags close 3-0, Jags are the 2 seed.
The Miami Sound Machine says "It's the rhythm of the island and like the sugar cane so sweet."

I give credit to the opponent when the Patriots lose but your team is done so no need to say anything more to you.
I take the shots about titles because you deserve it.

Cuz that's how you roll. Homey doesn't play that game. Your squad can go down in flames and I'm not gonna rub it in, tempting as it might be. And if my team were fortunate enough to win the SB you won't hear me endlessly talking smack. I'd just be thankful they won.

Btw people that write off the Birds could be making a mistake. There's about a 90%+ probability that the NFC playoffs go through Philly. That means warm weather/dome teams have to come into Philly and face a defense that is #1 against the run and can put major pressure on the QB. Btw Philly has already beaten two of those potential opponents on the road. They're 6-0 at home and most of those games have been blowouts. Wentz is a great QB and Foles is clearly a drop off but you'd be a fool to dismiss the Birds.

Yeah I don’t see Pittsburgh beating New England even if the Patriots lose by 100 tonight. That’s been a mismatch for 15 years.
Let the Marrone fan dream.
Is Gronk allowed to play against Pittsburgh?

Cuz that's how you roll. Homey doesn't play that game. Your squad can go down in flames and I'm not gonna rub it in, tempting as it might be. And if my team were fortunate enough to win the SB you won't hear me endlessly talking smack. I'd just be thankful they won.

Btw people that write off the Birds could be making a mistake. There's about a 90%+ probability that the NFC playoffs go through Philly. That means warm weather/dome teams have to come into Philly and face a defense that is #1 against the run and can put major pressure on the QB. Btw Philly has already beaten two of those potential opponents on the road. They're 6-0 at home and most of those games have been blowouts. Wentz is a great QB and Foles is clearly a drop off but you'd be a fool to dismiss the Birds.
Go complain about some left wing conspiracy.

Foles is one of the best backups in the league I’ll give you that, but I think he will have some problems behind that line that Wentz had the ability to overcome.

Go complain about some left wing conspiracy.

lol I rarely post on that board. Nice try though. You do best when you stick to one sentence. Otherwise your posts are incoherent.

tumblr_m92azpSt5e1qbvp7no1_250.gif.cf.gif

Foles is one of the best backups in the league I’ll give you that, but I think he will have some problems behind that line that Wentz had the ability to overcome.

Agreed. But Philly does have a decent ground game if Pederson would stop being so pass happy. First and goal from the two with an empty backfield on the play Wentz got hurt? Moronic.

But to illustrate a point, which NFC team would be favored coming to Philly in January?

lol I rarely post on that board. Nice try though. You do best when you stick to one sentence. Otherwise your posts are incoherent.
Oh I am so hurt.
Sorry about Wentz. No fanbase deserves an ACL injury to a good kid and MVP candidate.

Agreed. But Philly does have a decent ground game if Pederson would stop being so pass happy. First and goal from the two with an empty backfield on the play Wentz got hurt. Moronic.

But to illustrate a point, which NFC team would be favored coming to Philly in January?

Would you feel good about a matchup with the Vikings?

The NFC wild card teams are so good I think any team NFC playoff team could beat the Eagles without Wentz in the divisional round.
With Wentz I think only really the Saints were balanced enough to beat Philly in the playoffs.
NFC 7th and 8th teams are better than 5th and 6th in the AFC.

It’s a weird year in the NFC. I think everyone wants Green Bay to lose. They are the team every NFC should hope is eliminated.

Why not? They have a journeyman QB just like we do. I feel he'd be running for his life and I know for damn sure they would not be able to run the ball against the Eagles. A dome team outside in January would have some issues for sure.

Btw I fear your Saints more than the Vikes cuz of Brees and your better ground game. Also feel your HC is better too. They clearly do have a better D than the Saints tho.

I doubt very much that the Vikes would be favored in Philly.

But how do you write off a team that will probably have to win two games at home to get to the SB while teams like NO, Carolina or LAR will have to win three games with two on the road?

It’s a weird year in the NFC. I think everyone wants Green Bay to lose. They are the team every NFC should hope is eliminated.

I don't feel that way. They're mediocre on both the OL and DL. Plus I feel it is very unlikely they even make the playoffs.

Why not? They have a journeyman QB just like we do. I feel he'd be running for his life and I know for damn sure they would not be able to run the ball against the Eagles. A dome team outside in January would have some issues for sure.

Btw I fear your Saints more than the Vikes cuz of Brees and your better ground game. Also feel your HC is better too. They clearly do have a better D than the Saints tho.

I doubt very much that the Vikes would be favored in Philly.

But how do you write off a team that will probably have to win two games at home to get to the SB while teams like NO, Carolina or LAR will have to win three games with two on the road?

I haven’t written off the Eagles at all. It’s a weird year in the NFC. Anyone can win the conference.

Sorry I was referring to alsacs.
With Wentz I thought it was Eagles-Saints deciding the NFC.
Now with Foles and really what isn’t mentioned no Peters, Sproles, Hicks as well I think the NFC south will send the NFC team to the SB.

With Wentz I thought it was Eagles-Saints deciding the NFC.
Now with Foles and really what isn’t mentioned no Peters, Sproles, Hicks as well I think the NFC south will send the NFC team to the SB.

Could very well be. Wentz is a major loss, there is no getting around that. In my opinion he was on his way to the MVP and was the best QB in the NFL this year. He hid some of Philly's weaknesses. But to think that the other NFC contenders are going to walk into Philly and breeze through with a W would be a mistake. It will be a dogfight.

Good win. Dolphins will blow it at buffalo next week. Seen this movie too many times.

Good win. Dolphins will blow it at buffalo next week. Seen this movie too many times.
Fins have talent on the DL.
The offense was sharp for the first 3 quarters today and they didn’t turn it over.
Doubt Gronk makes a difference in the final outcome tonight as he couldn’t stop that DL.
At Miami is always a tough game for NE.

I remember in 2010 a good Pats team looked terrible and lost to the 5-11 Browns by 20. They went into Pitt the next week and won 39-20. They'll be ready to go after this one, and hopefully with Van Noy and Flowers along with Gronk.

Status
Not open for further replies.