NFL Thread | Page 235 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or, we shut them down on their own field and took care of the ball and played winning football! Steamrolled them at the Meadowlands in ‘86 too!

Yeah, his narrative belongs in the H0T Takes thread.

You think that is conclusive video evidence?
I think it was a catch but the ball hit the ground. It’s in the picture.
It’s a stupid rule and Pittsburgh deserved the TD.
Tomlin didn’t go crazy because he was part of the competition committee who voted to keep it the way it is now.

Diddy, curry and kap trying to buy the panthers. Thoughts/takes

Diddy, curry and kap trying to buy the panthers. Thoughts/takes
He keeps referring to them as the North Carolina Panthers when they have more SC resident season ticket holders.
He is an idiot.
They have a franchise QB and he is talking about bringing in Kaepernick to compete for the starting QB job.

Look at this play again what the hell was Ben thinking.
DRWGhMsUEAAx1ki

He keeps referring to them as the North Carolina Panthers when they have more SC resident season ticket holders.
He is an idiot.
They have a franchise QB and he is talking about bringing in Kaepernick to compete for the starting QB job.
Im going to go ahead and say he has selfish, non football related motives for buying the team. Kaep being brought in to “compete” against Cam is laughable. Turning a promising young football organization into a joke of a social movement.

Of course your typical NYG fan in his cardigan sweater smoking a pipe has difficulty braving the cold weather in December to make it out to the game. It's tough when the average age of your fan base is 2x that of the players on the field. ;)

Seriously, the intensity and passion differential between Eagles and NYG fans is night and day. Not a knock, just is what it is.
I’m sure the rest of he NFL’s 31 teams are anxiously awaiting their next home game or are absolutely standing in line to buy 2nd hand tickets to go see their favorite 2-11 team who just pissed off the entire fan base by benching their future HOF QB for a journeyman nobody only to fire the coach less than 24 hours after the benching game ended.

I do agree with you that Giants fans are civilized and igg fans are not.

I think it was a catch but the ball hit the ground. It’s in the picture.
It’s a stupid rule and Pittsburgh deserved the TD.
Tomlin didn’t go crazy because he was part of the competition committee who voted to keep it the way it is now.

Where does the "football move" come into play?

I agree that the ball moved once it hit the ground but I had thought that his lunge with the ball while going down (versus just falling to the ground at like the half foot line) constituted a "football move" and would have trumped the control through the fall part of the rule.

Guess I was wrong.

According to the rules he didn’t complete the catch. Thus he wasn’t a runner.

He was like Kevin Dyson in SB 34, who made the catch and then stretched out to break the plane but Kevin wasn't closed enough and was down by contact. In this case, James had made the catch and was on on the ground but not by contact. The Steelers had no time outs so he turned to break the plane and did. He was not "in the process of making the catch" when he broke the plane.

Last edited:
Or, we shut them down on their own field and took care of the ball and played winning football! Steamrolled them at the Meadowlands in ‘86 too!

No doubt but the Craig fumble was brutal and if you told me the Niners' KR/PR (Williams?) threw the game it wouldn't surprise me.

You guys did well on offense with Foles that shuts me. If you avoid New Orleans or Carolina I was wrong and Philly likely gets to Minnesota.

Philly will probably have home field advantage throughout yet in both games I'd say it's a 50/50 proposition. But as a fan of a team that lost so many key guys - I'll take it.

Where does the "football move" come into play?

I agree that the ball moved once it hit the ground but I had thought that his lunge with the ball while going down (versus just falling to the ground at like the half foot line) constituted a "football move" and would have trumped the control through the fall part of the rule.

Guess I was wrong.
I posted this in the other thread.
This wasn’t ruled a TD
calvin-johnson-robbed-o.gif

So I wasn’t shocked it was overturned.
Both were TDs if I am honest.

He was like Kevin Dyson in SB 34, who made the catch and then stretched out to break the plane but Kevin wasn't closed enough and was down by contact. In this case, James had made the catch and was on on the ground but not by contact. The Steelers had no time outs so he turned to break the plane and did. He was not "in the process of making the catch" when he broke the plane.
Dyson already caught the ball and was running.
It’s not the same.
Dyson was a runner when he stretched.
James was not a runner he was completing the catch and when you hit the ground you must maintain control. The refs ruled he didn’t maintain control.

I’m sure the rest of he NFL’s 31 teams are anxiously awaiting their next home game or are absolutely standing in line to buy 2nd hand tickets to go see their favorite 2-11 team who just pissed off the entire fan base by benching their future HOF QB for a journeyman nobody only to fire the coach less than 24 hours after the benching game ended.

I do agree with you that Giants fans are civilized and igg fans are not.

Civilized for sure. When you flash your AARP card to get into the stadium you'll be civilized too.

Civilized for sure. When you flash your AARP card to get into the stadium you'll be civilized too.
Didn’t Eagles fans cheer when Michael Irvin was injured in 1999 and had to be carted off the field?

I’m looking forward to the discounts in life.

Pretty soon now.

I’ll still scream vulgarities at live sporting events.

If I stop, I’ve given my crew permission to shoot me.

#50 is the new 30.

Didn’t Eagles fans cheer when Michael Irvin was injured in 1999 and had to be carted off the field?
Yep.

I’m shocked at how many here don’t get what u and the NFL are saying about it.

I was ahead or romo, I knew exactly what they were checking on and I knew right away that 1. It wasn’t a catch and 2. Shite was going to hit the fan.

No excuse for that last stupidass play.

Another sideline play script u could use is...

‘I bet I can fool B.B. and the patriots with a fake spike!!

We’ll show the Seahawks how it’s done!!’

Fluckin idiots.

Yes. I have many good friends from college (went to undergrad in Eastern PA) who are diehard Iggle fans from suburban Philly & South Jersey.

They are mostly intelligent, well-educated people who morph into colossal white trash when talking about their Iggles.

The venom spewed at McNabb throughout his career will forever make each Philly choke job that much sweeter for me.

Bpo is the classiest Bird fan I’ve ever interacted with.

Yes. I have many good friends from college (went to undergrad in Eastern PA) who are diehard Iggle fans from suburban Philly & South Jersey.

They are mostly intelligent, well-educated people who morph into colossal white trash when talking about their Iggles.

The venom spewed at McNabb throughout his career will forever make each Philly choke job that much sweeter for me.

Bpo is the classiest Bird fan I’ve ever interacted with.
34:20 minutes
Cheering while Irvin is done and hurt.
That Veterans stadium AstroTurf looks cruel to have forced players to play on. My goodness it looks like green colored cement.

Status
Not open for further replies.