NFL Thread | Page 265 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're missing the point. It's an incredibly stupid rule.
It’s really not. You guys are crazy.

I guess you could put in a ‘Rule’ where if you are winning by more than 3, with no time on the clock in regulation, you could ‘forfeit’ the XP. Unless both teams agree to end it.

But if it’s 1 or 2pts you still must run the play...but I’d guess that would confuse too many anyway.

It would be an unnecessary rule.

Can you try to explain to me why the extra point is necessary at the end of regulation when the outcome has been decided yet it's not necessary at the end of OT when the outcome has been decided?
You want separate rules for the playoffs, we get it.

And that’s just dumb.

We’ve explained the regular season rule.

The Packers got screwed years ago and they had to come back out for the XP.

And that’s just dumb.

The Kaiser with the swing and a miss. I asked a fairly simple question, take another hack at it and while you're at it explain the rationale for the regular season rule again.

And that’s just dumb.

The playoffs used to have separate rules than the regular season.
The current OT rules were first in the playoffs before being the regular season rules 2 years ago.
In 2011 they changed the playoff OT rule to score a TD or the other team gets a possession it became regular season rule in 2015.

The Kaiser with the swing and a miss. I asked a fairly simple question, take another hack at it and while you're at it explain the rationale for the regular season rule again.
How did I miss?

What did U miss??

-Points scored are a tiebreaker in regular season.
-the OT period is treated differently
-they don't change the rules for the playoffs

And that’s just dumb.

I have a feeling Kaiser is going to need some help on this one so others are free to join in. Please tell me why the extra point is necessary at the end of regulation when the outcome has been decided but it's not necessary at the end of OT when the outcome has been decided.

Remember when Robin Ventura hit a game winning homerun but it was recorded as a triple or something because his teammates never let him actually touch the plate, and he also didn't get the run and rbi for the play?

Kinda reminds me of that.

I was at that game! Grand slam single.

Can anyone explain to me why the Steelers with two 4th and less than ones don't use their 6'5" 250 pound QB on a sneak?
I wish I could answer that question. Terrible coaching and time management at the end. Steelers needed 10 points with less than two minutes left. As soon as they got the penalty on the last drive, I would have kicked the field goal to make it a one score game and tried to onside it again for a try at a hail mary. I'm not talking about the first onside kick, that was awful.

How did I miss?

What did U miss??

-Points scored are a tiebreaker in regular season.
-the OT period is treated differently
-they don't change the rules for the playoffs

I'm not advocating they change the rules for the playoffs. The rule should be removed period, regular season and playoffs.

Are you serious? Tiebreaker? rotflmao. Have you read the tiebreaker rules? Points differential is so far down the list that sheet you'd have a better chance of seeing NE get a bad call against them in the playoffs then point differential coming into play. But ask yourself what does every single fluking team in the NFL do after they just scored a TD at the end of regulation to win the game? Have you been watching these games? They take a knee. But I guess it's critical that we watch that incredibly interesting play. It's a farce. I guarantee you they change that rule this offseason.

I have a feeling Kaiser is going to need some help on this one so others are free to join in. Please tell me why the extra point is necessary at the end of regulation when the outcome has been decided but it's not necessary at the end of OT when the outcome has been decided.
I've now given multiple answers in 2 different posts.

I'm not advocating they change the rules for the playoffs. The rule should be removed period, regular season and playoffs.

Are you serious? Tiebreaker? rotflmao. Have you read the tiebreaker rules? Points differential is so far down the list that sheet you'd have a better chance of seeing NE get a bad call against them in the playoffs then point differential coming into play. But ask yourself what does every single fluking team in the NFL do after they just scored a TD at the end of regulation to win the game? Have you been watching these games? They take a knee. But I guess it's critical that we watch that incredibly interesting play. It's a farce. I guarantee you they change that rule this offseason.
They can change it all they want, hope they do, but AGAIN, now you are making multiple rules within rules.

2 points or less, you must snap...more than that and you can forfeit it??

Unnecessary.

And I don't care how far down the tiebreaker list it is...it's there.

I had solid Giants insiders last night saying McDaniels to NYG.
Robinson-Tennessee GM is a NE guy.
They fired Mularkey because they wanted McDaniels and McDaniels likes this job.
I think Robinson relationship is the difference. Plus you guys are getting Belichick.

Point differential? Seriously?
Yep.

And hell I bet there's 100s of player contracts out there with 'snap' count bonus'.

They can change it all they want, hope they do, but AGAIN, now you are making multiple rules within rules.

2 points or less, you must snap...more than that and you can forfeit it??

Unnecessary.

And I don't care how far down the tiebreaker list it is...it's there.

Actually the NFL is the one making multiple rules not me. They're saying a game decided in regulation is different than a game decided in OT. Because of point differential rules? Seriously the odds have to be no less than one in one million that an extra point would determine anything with regard to playoff seedings etc. And the team is going to take a knee anyway. Remove this farce or else we see stupid situations like what occurred yesterday.

Yep.

And hell I bet there's 100s of player contracts out there with 'snap' count bonus'.

Yeah I forgot about the all important snap count bonus. I'm sure that's why the NO Saints came running back out on the field yesterday.

Yeah I forgot about the all important snap count bonus. I'm sure that's why the NO Saints came running back out on the field yesterday.
Please, u know what I mean.

Player contracts ended on 12/31 anyway.

It's a rarity for sure, but it has to be there and it has to be uniform.

U can't have the saints say fluck it and leave the field while the Giants stay with honor and they kick.

And that...I would say...involves the handshake with Vegas.

Please, u know what I mean.

Player contracts ended on 12/31 anyway.

It's a rarity for sure, but it has to be there and it has to be uniform.

U can't have the saints say fluck it and leave the field while the Giants stay with honor and they kick.

And that...I would say...involves the handshake with Vegas.

Actually Vegas is why they need to change the rule. Probably 99% of the time teams take a knee but somewhere along the line some coach may decide to kick the XP that takes a game from a push to a cover. Then all hell will break loose. NFL needs to avoid that.

Question for the Kaiser.
If Brady wins number 6 does he enter the Michael Jordan zone?
I know you will always hate the guy but I am talking legacy.

Question for the Kaiser.
If Brady wins number 6 does he enter the Michael Jordan zone?
I know you will always hate the guy but I am talking legacy.
Not Kaiser, but given the different nature of the sports, I don't think any player from football can be a Michael Jordan. Any player on a basketball court can do any basketball thing. Football is far more specialized.

Status
Not open for further replies.