NFL Thread | Page 267 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup. And people gave the Giants little chance in that one. Hostetler vs. Montana. Giants hope was to win a defensive battle.

Major differences being the Giants were a battle tested perennial contender and it was stupid for people to write them off vs. SF (and Buffalo) as they’d gone 13-3 and had evenly played wars with the Niners and Bills in the regular season and were one of the clear top 3 teams all year.

Sounds somewhat familiar.

A Vikings-Patriots matchup in Super Bowl LII would be a pick 'em.
The Patriots would be 6.5-point favorites over the Eagles.
The Vikings would be 6-point favorites over the Jaguars.
The Jaguars would be 2.5-point favorites over the Eagles.

If it’s Jacksonville it will be a huge advantage.
If it’s New England I think they will bring more fans but an advantage for the Vikings.
Home team only gets 5% of the tickets.
When the SB was in MetLife my buddy a Jets fan got SB Tixs as the home team gets some to give to season ticket holders. He was going to sell them to me if the Pats beat Denver but didn’t.
Each team in the game gets 7.5% of the tickets.

I don’t think it would be a huge advantage more than the team could sleep in their own beds and not have any travel.

If the Vikes played NE I'd think the stadium would be at least 80 to 20 for the Vikes. The vast majority of non-Patriot fans will not be rooting for the Patriots. Plus local Viking fans will drive up prices and scalp the hell out of tickets as they don't need to spend on travel and hotels. It would be wildly in favor of the Vikings in that instance.

A Vikings-Patriots matchup in Super Bowl LII would be a pick 'em.
The Patriots would be 6.5-point favorites over the Eagles.
The Vikings would be 6-point favorites over the Jaguars.
The Jaguars would be 2.5-point favorites over the Eagles.

What's the weighting of Minnesota having a "home" game versus them having a normal home game advantage? Isn't being home usually worth three points?

What's the weighting of Minnesota having a "home" game versus them having a normal home game advantage? Isn't being home usually worth three points?
I think on a neutral field the line would be NE -3 so they are accounting for that in the SB line.
Also by making it pick ‘em it would get a lot more action as it would be a strictly who do you think is going to win.
For a SB that could cause a lot more bets.

All that is true and kudos to the NYG for going on the road and beating a very good Niner squad but even then they still needed the generosity of one Mr. Roger Craig.
Erik Howard says no generosity was given, he taketh...

Seven NFL coaches were hired prior to the 2016 season - Chip Kelly, Adam Gase, Hue Jackson, Mike Mullarkey, Ben McAdoo, Dirk Koetter and Doug Pederson. All offensive oriented coaches and with the exception of Pederson are either gone or nearly gone.

How the fluk you can fumble in that spot is just amazing.
Howard was no schmuck.

Blame the o-line for not slowing him and his helmet down.

Howard was no schmuck.

Blame the o-line for not slowing him and his helmet down.

No doubt Howard was a big time NT. Underrated.

Niners had the ball at the NYG 40 with a fresh set of downs and less than three minutes to play. You'd think a veteran like Craig would understand the importance of ball security at that juncture.

No doubt Howard was a big time NT. Underrated.

Niners had the ball at the NYG 40 with a fresh set of downs and less than three minutes to play. You'd think a veteran like Craig would understand the importance of ball security at that juncture.
I'm sure he did.

I would take Brady over Peyton.
Elway was one of the most physically gifted QB in NFL history.
Marino had the quickest release.
Brady over Montana as well for me.

I think Brown is just better than Rice. He runs every route and is unstoppable 1 on 1.
I saw Deion shut down Rice.
Rice was ahead of his time and was just a lot better than everyone else from his time.
The top 3 WRs I have seen play are Rice, Randy Moss, and Antonio Brown. Brown’s height may not be that high but I would take Brown.

I simply cannot compare players and their stats in this modern, offense favorable rules era to those who played in previous eras. The games are too different rules-wise.

McDaniels is going to Indy.
If I was a Big Blue fan I wouldn’t like
this hire.
Shurmur doesn’t excite me.

I just want this over to focus on the draft.

I'm fine with Shurmur. It's a meh hire.

Lets go get Darnold and let him learn behind Eli.

If it’s Jacksonville it will be a huge advantage.
If it’s New England I think they will bring more fans but an advantage for the Vikings.
Home team only gets 5% of the tickets.
When the SB was in MetLife my buddy a Jets fan got SB Tixs as the home team gets some to give to season ticket holders. He was going to sell them to me if the Pats beat Denver but didn’t.
Each team in the game gets 7.5% of the tickets.

I don’t think it would be a huge advantage more than the team could sleep in their own beds and not have any travel.

most tix are corporate, but I can see folks who've been to many SB's taking advantage of the Vikings being there to scalp them.

Flicking enough!!!

U guys make it seem I'm for the rule, I'm not.

I'm just explaining it and why it's there.

This is the 1st time we have had a walk off with no time remaining in the post season.

There was no need to address it before hand.

They should and will not change it for regular season.

If they do great, if not...I couldnt give less of a flying fluck if I tried.

Personally I like seeing weird shlit like that.

And yes, 'honor' and respect for the game...is what brought some guys back out.

The Saint came back because they were told to. I'm sure they thought it was as absurd as everyone else did, (well, almost everyone else). There is a "why" to the rule when there is a tie breaker based on points. there is none in the post season.

The final score of this game was 23-17:

upload_2018-1-15_16-54-39.png

It was an honorable game. Weird shlit would not have made it more so.

That's like saying the home team should still bat in the bottom of the 9th when they are ahead because the game isn't over.

When the home team bats in the bottom of the 9th while leading, the other team can't score. In football they can. 3+ points I could care less. But 1 or 2 points the XP should be executed even with zero's on the clock.

When the home team bats in the bottom of the 9th while leading, the other team can't score. In football they can. 3+ points I could care less. But 1 or 2 points the XP should be executed even with zero's on the clock.

Fair enough, I could live with that change though taking a knee solves that problem.

You just never know. I had to stifle a yawn when Pederson was hired. So far, so good.
It's been a while since Coughlin, Gibbs, Parcells and Reid were duking it out.

And it most certainly isn't Parcells, Gibbs, Landry or Johnson and Buddy.

We'll see...

Status
Not open for further replies.