NFL Thread | Page 269 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
throwing Brady, Brees and Rodgers when healthy out of the mix...I see no reason as to why he cant be as successful as Ryan, Stafford, Rivers, Ben, Cousins & Smith.

wentz was a stud, but lets see how he comes back. Goff has done it 1x. Carr isn't much. Cam brings something, what that is I'm not sure. Wilson is a gimmick QB.

the rest aren't worth mentioning.

will Eli rise to the top 5 again? probably not.

is he safely in the 6-12 range??? absolutely.

give him an OL and a run game and look out...
Eli has a better resume than any QB except Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Rothlisberger right now.
Here is how I rank QBs right now
Tier 1
1. Brady
2. Rodgers
These guys guarantee you a playoff appearance if healthy.

Tier 2
3. Brees
4. Wentz
5. Wilson
6. Luck
7. Newton
8. Ryan
9. Carr
10. Rothlisberger
11. Rivers
12. Stafford
13. Garrapolo
14. Prescott
15. Winston
16. A. Smith
17. Cousins
18. Goff
19. I will be nice and ignore Keenum/Mariota/Dalton and will give Eli 19th.

Note he is good enough to win another SB but isn’t top half.

Eli has a better resume than any QB except Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Rothlisberger right now.
Tier 1
1. Brady
2. Rodgers

Tier 2
3. Brees
4. Wentz
5. Wilson
6. Luck
7. Newton
8. Ryan
9. Carr
10. Rothlisberger
11. Rivers
12. Stafford
13. Garrapolo
14. Prescott
15. Winston
16. A. Smith
17. Cousins
18. Goff

I'm not as high on the current Eli as some of the NYG fans here but I'd put him ahead of Winston. I think Carr is overrated. Not sure about Prescott either. Overall your list is pretty good. Rodgers when healthy is the best QB in the NFL.

Tier 1
1. Brady
2. Rodgers

Tier 2
3. Brees
4. Wentz
5. Wilson
6. Luck
7. Newton
8. Ryan
9. Carr
10. Rothlisberger
11. Rivers
12. Stafford
13. Garrapolo
14. Prescott
15. Winston
16. A. Smith
17. Cousins
18. Goff

Would you be scared this weekend with Alex Smith on the Jaguars?

Bortles is a poor man’s Alex Smith. Patriots shouldn’t be making hotel reservations just yet.

Would you be scared this weekend with Alex Smith on the Jaguars?

Bortles is a poor man’s Alex Smith. Patriots shouldn’t be making hotel reservations just yet.
Alex Smith takes the underneath.
He doesn’t throw deep.
He is good against NE because he is smart.
Bortles isn’t Alex Smith.
New England is going to confuse the crap out of him. The Jacksonville D has to murder the NE OL.
If Brady gets 24 points they will win.

The Titans strength is running game look at what the Pats did to Derrick Henry. Pats on D look at what the offense’s strength is and take that away. That is why you need a smart QB who will take the matchup they are giving you which is typically your 3rd option.
Smith does that well.

Bortles isn’t winning this game. The Jacksonville D will if they win.
I am leaning 27-17 type game.

Tier 1
1. Brady
2. Rodgers

Tier 2
3. Brees
4. Wentz
5. Wilson
6. Luck
7. Newton
8. Ryan
9. Carr
10. Rothlisberger
11. Rivers
12. Stafford
13. Garrapolo
14. Prescott
15. Winston
16. A. Smith
17. Cousins
18. Goff

Look, Brees is 3 but is top tier.

If Wentz and luck can make a whole year and dominate...they 4 & 5 in top tier.

There’s a lot of sketchy guys you names not there, and your boy garafolo hasn’t played as many games as Eli has WON on the road in he playoffs.

We havnt had a running game since 2011.

That year Jacobs was 2nd in the team with over 800 yds.

That would’ve put him 1st in 4 of the next 5 years.

What Reese and McAdoo did to that team...damn hindsight is 20/20 but how could we all not see what they did??

Problem is, if the answer is not Webb, I think Eli is gone.

Look, Brees is 3 but is top tier.

If Wentz and luck can make a whole year and dominate...they 4 & 5 in top tier.

There’s a lot of sketchy guys you names not there, and your boy garafolo hasn’t played as many games as Eli has WON on the road in he playoffs.

We havnt had a running game since 2011.

That year Jacobs was 2nd in the team with over 800 yds.

That would’ve put him 1st in 4 of the next 5 years.

What Reese and McAdoo did to that team...damn hindsight is 20/20 but how could we all not see what they did??

Problem is, if the answer is not Webb, I think Eli is gone.
Garrapolo right now is better than Eli.
Eli is 36.
Eli’s resume is miles better even though they each have 2 SB rings.

Garrapolo could easily be top 8 by next year. He is really good and I am disappointed he won’t be Brady’s successor.
Again Eli is good enough to win another SB but the guys I listed are better now and playing at higher levels.

I'm no fan of his, but he's turned this narrative on it's head this past season.
"Alex is a better deep ball thrower than Brady" is a true statement in 2017

It's just D. Henry, no world beater, he went over 100 yds twice and played every game.
First 6 games Alex Smith was throwing deep a lot.
Brady hasn’t been a deep passer except when he had Randy Moss.

The Titans strength was running the ball. It was shut down and that is why the Titans threw a lot more early in the game because their guys were getting 1 on 1 as the Pats were playing a 5 man DL to stop the run.

Garrapolo right now is better than Eli.
Eli is 36.
Eli’s resume is miles better even though they each have 2 SB rings.

Garrapolo could easily be top 8 by next year. He is really good and I am disappointed he won’t be Brady’s successor.
Again Eli is good enough to win another SB but the guys I listed are better now and playing at higher levels.
To me, guys need to do it at least 2x to be a serious contender. 3x get u talked about as really good.

For example, quick scorescard:

Wentz-2
Goff-1
Carr-1
Jimmy-.5
Winston-1? 0?
Dak-definite 0

I struggle win Wilson and Cam, but can’t deny they’re winners.

Put Eli in KC and he has a better year than smith and they still playing.

To me, guys need to do it at least 2x to be a serious contender. 3x get u talked about as really good.

Wentz-2
Goff-1
Carr-1
Jimmy-.5
Winston-1? 0?
Dak-definite 0

To do what exactly? Jameis and Dak have both had 2 seasons better than Wentz' rookie year, so if Wentz is considered a 2, so should be Dak and Jameis.

Wentz-2
Goff-1
Carr-1
Jimmy-.5
Winston-1? 0?
Dak-definite 0

Eli couldn’t run the offense that Reid has in KC. Which features some zone read and a mobile QB.

Eli can win if he has talent but the guy isn’t a top half QB right now.
I know your trolling with Dak but the guy is solid.
Russell Wilson is no doubt a top 5-10 QB his OL has been the worst in the NFL worse than the NYG.
Cam has an MVP that is huge and carries a lot of weight.

Eli couldn’t run the offense that Reid has in KC. Which features some zone read and a mobile QB.

Eli can win if he has talent but the guy isn’t a top half QB right now.
I know your trolling with Dak but the guy is solid.
Russell Wilson is no doubt a top 5-10 QB his OL has been the worst in the NFL worse than the NYG.
Cam has an MVP that is huge and carries a lot of weight.
Wilson and Cam are good, and I would’ve voted for Cam as MVP that year for sure and he’s going nowhere...my struggle is...I don’t think either are ‘2 minute’ QBs if u know what I mean.

It’s tough to tout someone when I dont think they can pull one out of their arse (and not like Keenum).

He still very rarely goes deep. In terms of average air yards per attempt, he was 6th lowest in the league this year. For comparison's sake, Tyrod was 14th; Alex Smith was 27th. Tom Brady was 9th.
Right, in avg. air yards per attempt. Doesn't tell the whole story on balls over 20+ etc. Not a good stat for that imo. I was just pointing out that while I think he had almost 0 passes deep last year, and everyone would mention that about 'Checkdown Charlie' and rightfully so , he improved a lot on that, and was accurate in doing so.

To do what exactly? Jameis and Dak have both had 2 seasons better than Wentz' rookie year, so if Wentz is considered a 2, so should be Dak and Jameis.

None of the Philly skill players (RBs and WRs) are left from Wentz' rookie year except for Agholor. They weren't very good. I know I'm biased but Winston and Wentz are not comparable. Wentz is smarter, more athletic, a better leader, tougher and has a stronger arm. If you give the Dallas fans here truth serum and ask them who they prefer- Wentz or Dak - they'll take two seconds to answer that question.

All that said, to Kaiser's point - we don't know for sure if Wentz will come back the same as before. If he can remain healthy I think he'll be the best QB in the NFL for most of the next ten years.

None of the Philly skill players (RBs and WRs) are left from Wentz' rookie year except for Agholor. They weren't very good. I know I'm biased but Winston and Wentz are not comparable. Wentz is smarter, more athletic, a better leader, tougher and has a stronger arm. If you give the Dallas fans here truth serum and ask them who they prefer- Wentz or Dak - they'll take two seconds to answer that question.

All that said, to Kaiser's point - we don't know for sure if Wentz will come back the same as before. If he can remain healthy I think he'll be the best QB in the NFL for most of the next ten years.

Of course you'd take Wentz over the two of them now. The point is this weird distinction of "doing it twice". Wentz' rookie season wasn't very good. Dak has been very good for two years and Jameis has been adequate, but better than Wentz' rookie season for 2 or 3 years.

love to see marrone run out of time to kick a game winning field goal from the 10. clock management.

Of course you'd take Wentz over the two of them now. The point is this weird distinction of "doing it twice". Wentz' rookie season wasn't very good. Dak has been very good for two years and Jameis has been adequate, but better than Wentz' rookie season for 2 or 3 years.

I get your point overall and agree. Btw I thought Wentz had a very solid rookie year playing behind a banged up OL (Lane Johnson missed a ton of games due to PED use) and with mediocre wide receivers and not much of a running game. Dak had an all pro offensive line and a stud running back. He didn't have nearly the burden that Wentz had.

Pats/Jags

I'm a Pats fan. This game is a tossup. Jags are a more balanced team. With a different QB, I think they win it all. There have been better pats teams. This one should be fun.

MINN/PHI

Two balanced teams. Case makes less mistakes, and the Vikings win.

Pats/Jags

I'm a Pats fan. This game is a tossup. Jags are a more balanced team. With a different QB, I think they win it all. There have been better pats teams. This one should be fun.

MINN/PHI

Two balanced teams. Case makes less mistakes, and the Vikings win.
I don’t think the Pats D is great because of the talent in the front 7 but the team finished 5th in fewest points allowed. That is more important than yards.
They give yards galore.

I think Pats D is better than Jax O just because of Bortles.

Jags will win if their DL goes Denver 2 years ago on them but Denver knew the Pats only had one snap count because of the crowd noise and Von Miller abused Marcus Cannon.

Jacksonville DL will get pressure but without crowd noise I think Pats OL will be better than it was at Mile High.

I think Pats win 27-17.

Minnesota D will shut down Philly and I think their offense scraps 17 points and beats Philly.

I don’t think the Pats D is great because of the talent in the front 7 but the team finished 5th in fewest points allowed. That is more important than yards.
They give yards galore.

I think Pats D is better than Jax O just because of Bortles.

Jags will win if their DL goes Denver 2 years ago on them but Denver knew the Pats only had one snap count because of the crowd noise and Von Miller abused Marcus Cannon.

Jacksonville DL will get pressure but without crowd noise I think Pats OL will be better than it was at Mile High.

I think Pats win 27-17.

Minnesota D will shut down Philly and I think their offense scraps 17 points and beats Philly.
Watched Marrone’s presser today, (damn that guy should be in Blue)...TC is as involved as ever. Marrone calls him Coach, love it.

Anyway...Brady is going to get punched in the mouth on Sunday...

wentz showed a lot his rookie year...a lot.

Still waiting on dap-pernick...

Watched Marrone’s presser today, (damn that guy should be in Blue)...TC is as involved as ever. Marrone calls him Coach, love it.

Anyway...Brady is going to get punched in the mouth on Sunday...

Are you seriously saying you want the quitter to be the Giants coach, or is that just more sarcasm?

Are you seriously saying you want the quitter to be the Giants coach, or is that just more sarcasm?
I’m down with Schurmer, he’s probably the better option for the rebuild, but yes...we should’ve hired marrone over McAdoo.

If you followed and I doubt you bothered, Ive always said the quitter could coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.