NFL Thread | Page 268 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been a while since Coughlin, Gibbs, Parcells and Reid were duking it out.

And it most certainly isn't Parcells, Gibbs, Landry or Johnson and Buddy.

We'll see...

Can’t leave out The Fighting Bugels Phrom Phoenix ;)

Loved the tomato can Cards back in those NFC East days. It was like a built in bye week.

Last edited:
longislandcuse
This is why I love Bills fans.
Your media doesn’t do this to you.
DTnztnsUMAEub_i.jpg

The Boston media behaves like Kaiser is their boss.

Can’t leave out The Fighting Bugels Phrom Phoenix ;)

Loved the tomato can Cards back in those NFC East days. It was like a built in bye week.
Yep, reminds me of...
longislandcuse
DTnztnsUMAEub_i.jpg

You guys get 6 bye games a year and havnt had playoff game yet this year...and may not.

Yep, reminds me of...

You guys get 6 bye games a year and havnt had playoff game yet this year...and may not.
You know the AFC East division had the most wins out of any AFC division this year. It wasn’t just the Pats and 3 scrubs.
The AFC East division had the 2nd most wins in the NFL behind the NFC South and they played the South head to head.

AFC East wasn’t garbage this year.
Buffalo, Miami, NY Jets were competitive.

You would love the Boston media.
They hate the success of all local teams except the Red Sox and that is why I kinda hate the Red Sox because of the local media.

longislandcuse
DTnztnsUMAEub_i.jpg

Yea, the AFCE was actually decent this year. Until another team gets an actual QB, the narrative will always be the Pats and 3 scrubs.

Fair enough, I could live with that change though taking a knee solves that problem.

I agree they will always take a knee but there's always that 1 in 500 chance the snap is fumbled and bounces around. Ya never know.

I agree they will always take a knee but there's always that 1 in 500 chance the snap is fumbled and bounces around. Ya never know.

Well I like the idea of ending the game when the deficit is more than two points. That's a start. The current rule will be abolished in the off-season. That farce yesterday was universally panned- they can't have that happen again like that.

Well I like the idea of ending the game when the deficit is more than two points. That's a start. The current rule will be abolished in the off-season. That farce yesterday was universally panned- they can't have that happen again like that.
Yep - there is no need for it, and absolutely nothing good can come of having a celebrating team and a wildly disappointed team line up for one more play, IMO.

Speaking of announcers, there can't be a worse color guy in the history of NFL radio than Scott Zolak on the NE Patriots call. This clowns steps all over the play by play guy (don't know his name but he's solid) on every other play. He's a train wreck.

So brutal to listen to him every week. We are a Pats area, so we get their stupid feed for a few hours before the game, Zolak the Lobotomized all game long, then a few more hours of Sully calling in to talk about how the Pats got screwed by the refs again and should have won by 50. Mind numbing.

You just never know. I had to stifle a yawn when Pederson was hired. So far, so good.

It was Pederson's first job so he was a bit of an unknown. This is Shumur's second go and we know what kind of coach he was the first time. Some of that can be pinned on the fact it was Cleveland but a lot of it was him.

It was Pederson's first job so he was a bit of an unknown. This is Shumur's second go and we know what kind of coach he was the first time. Some of that can be pinned on the fact it was Cleveland but a lot of it was him.
Hope he learned then.

And...Well, we’ll find out.

I think it’s a Good hire.

He seems to know offense pretty good, we already got a stud QB and either 1 on deck or in the draft...and Gettleman will likely be the best personnel guy he’s ever worked with ...so, there is a lot of positives.

Hope he learned then.

He seems to know offense pretty good, we already got a stud QB and either 1 on deck or in the draft...and Gettleman will likely be the best personnel guy he’s ever worked with ...so, there is a lot of positives.

Is the personal guy the same one who took Eric Flowers in the top 10 or was he purged with the HC?

There was another guy that failed in Cleveland too as I recall but yeah I hear ya.

Hope he learned then.

You say stud QB where in the 32 starting QBs right now would you rank Eli?
Not resume but right now.
I concede his resume is atleast worthy of consideration of the HOF even though I wouldn’t put him in.
As I define stud as top 10.
I don’t think Dak is top 10 and I would take him right now over Eli.

There was another guy that failed in Cleveland too as I recall but yeah I hear ya.

IF he turns around and becomes the GOAT I will surely come back here and eat my words.

Is the personal guy the same one who took Eric Flowers in the top 10 or was he purged with the HC?
Purged.

That was Reese.

Gettleman was in carolina building them to a Super Bowl team after his 2nd Ring with the Giants.

You say stud QB where in the 32 starting QBs right now would you rank Eli?
Not resume but right now.
I concede his resume is atleast worthy of consideration of the HOF even though I wouldn’t put him in.
As I define stud as top 10.
I don’t think Dak is top 10 and I would take him right now over Eli.
Start guys on the OL and WR who were not even on practice teams for the other 31 QBs and see how they do...

Start guys on the OL and WR who were not even on practice teams for the other 31 QBs and see how they do...
I am honest put Eli on Jacksonville where does he rank on the starting QB scale.
I am not talking resume I am talking play now.
Eli is a HOF candidate not debating his resume.
I don’t think he is a top half QB right now.

I am honest put Eli on Jacksonville where does he rank on the starting QB scale.

Just as an outside observer, I'd probably put Eli somewhere in the 15-20 range today.

Strange argument. He can either do the job or he cannot. If you want a qb with a strong play action game on the road at this time of year, Well he’s done it.

Strange argument. He can either do the job or he cannot. If you want a qb with a strong play action game on the road at this time of year, Well he’s done it.
I would be scared chitless if Eli was coming to Foxboro with these Jags.
Just because he is clutch not fighting that.
I just don’t think he is a top half QB right now.
15-20 sounds about right.

With the QBs left in the playoffs you can be a QB in that range and win a SB.
Kaiser is saying his current roster makes him look worse. I am saying even with a better roster he isn’t top half right now.

throwing Brady, Brees and Rodgers when healthy out of the mix...I see no reason as to why he cant be as successful as Ryan, Stafford, Rivers, Ben, Cousins & Smith.

wentz was a stud, but lets see how he comes back. Goff has done it 1x. Carr isn't much. Cam brings something, what that is I'm not sure. Wilson is a gimmick QB.

the rest aren't worth mentioning.

will Eli rise to the top 5 again? probably not.

is he safely in the 6-12 range??? absolutely.

give him an OL and a run game and look out...

throwing Brady, Brees and Rodgers when healthy out of the mix...I see no reason as to why he cant be as successful as Ryan, Stafford, Rivers, Ben, Cousins & Smith.

wentz was a stud, but lets see how he comes back. Goff has done it 1x. Carr isn't much. Cam brings something, what that is I'm not sure. Wilson is a gimmick QB.

the rest aren't worth mentioning.

will Eli rise to the top 5 again? probably not.

is he safely in the 6-12 range??? absolutely.

give him an OL and a run game and look out...
Give him to the phins. Sorry Tannehill.

Status
Not open for further replies.