NFL Thread | Page 270 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think the Pats D is great because of the talent in the front 7 but the team finished 5th in fewest points allowed. That is more important than yards.
They give yards galore.

I think Pats D is better than Jax O just because of Bortles.

Jags will win if their DL goes Denver 2 years ago on them but Denver knew the Pats only had one snap count because of the crowd noise and Von Miller abused Marcus Cannon.

Jacksonville DL will get pressure but without crowd noise I think Pats OL will be better than it was at Mile High.

I think Pats win 27-17.

Minnesota D will shut down Philly and I think their offense scraps 17 points and beats Philly.
Wish I could share your enthusiasm.

The Jags have all the ingredients to limit Brady's snaps. They can score on the ground. If Fournette is healthy, he should have a monster day. Coughlin is a certified Patriots killer..

I haven't a guess how this one will go. Could be a blowout for either team, or could be won with 6 seconds left.

I don't see any particularly great team, in the whole bunch.

Wish I could share your enthusiasm.

The Jags have all the ingredients to limit Brady's snaps. They can score on the ground. If Fournette is healthy, he should have a monster day. Coughlin is a certified Patriots killer..

I haven't a guess how this one will go. Could be a blowout for either team, or could be won with 6 seconds left.

I don't see any particularly great team, in the whole bunch.
Belichick teams take away what the opposing offense does best and makes you beat them in other ways.

They will take away Jax’s number one option. Jimmy G lit this defense up 4 weeks ago.
The Pats will study that film.

Don’t expect a blowout Jax is too good for that but I feel if the Pats get ahead by halftime they will win.

I’m down with Schurmer, he’s probably the better option for the rebuild, but yes...we should’ve hired marrone over McAdoo.

If you followed and I doubt you bothered, Ive always said the quitter could coach.

I would be on board with Marrone as well. I'm fine if he is a bit of a ladder-climber. I want wins. Guy can coach.

I don’t think the Pats D is great because of the talent in the front 7 but the team finished 5th in fewest points allowed. That is more important than yards.
They give yards galore.

I think Pats D is better than Jax O just because of Bortles.

Jags will win if their DL goes Denver 2 years ago on them but Denver knew the Pats only had one snap count because of the crowd noise and Von Miller abused Marcus Cannon.

Jacksonville DL will get pressure but without crowd noise I think Pats OL will be better than it was at Mile High.

I think Pats win 27-17.

Minnesota D will shut down Philly and I think their offense scraps 17 points and beats Philly.

The NE/JAX game is hard to handicap because of the volatility provided by Bortles. You never know whether Decent Blake or Horrible Blake is going to show up. If the former then it will be a hard fought contest and not so much if it's the latter. I can't envision a JAX win unless they force a turnover or two but that's something they're good at so it could happen.

With the NFC game it's hard to see either team doing much scoring. Everybody knows the Viking defense is great but Philly has allowed just five TD scoring drives of more than 50 yards at the Linc all season long and no points anywhere this season in the last two minutes of all 17 games. As is often the case it will come down to turnovers. Both QBs will be under duress so which ever one coughs it up more will be the loser.

One thing I know, people discount the importance of home field advantage. It's big.

I don't see Jax winning if they go behind by more than 3. I think they have to jump on NE early, force some TOs and win special teams.

They have a chance, but it's definitely a steep mountain to climb.

Poor baby...
42c9732c4eb14c0891178a45ef60b589.jpg

The info I got was it’s something but not going to prevent Brady from playing.
Team had to disclose this injury because there are more media responsibilities cause it’s the Championship game and Brady had to miss a media availability to get the X-Ray so Belichick had to disclose it to the league.

I’m just going to keep my posting this.

The Batman and DaVinici Code music gets me every time...

I’m down with Schurmer, he’s probably the better option for the rebuild, but yes...we should’ve hired marrone over McAdoo.

If you followed and I doubt you bothered, Ive always said the quitter could coach.
You can't put Marrone in front of the NYC media. You can't.

You can't put Marrone in front of the NYC media. You can't.
He would need a Gettleman or Coughlin behind him for sure.

Reese and him would be a failure.

Belichick teams take away what the opposing offense does best and makes you beat them in other ways.

They will take away Jax’s number one option. Jimmy G lit this defense up 4 weeks ago.
The Pats will study that film.

Don’t expect a blowout Jax is too good for that but I feel if the Pats get ahead by halftime they will win.
I'm just dunno if the pats can take away the run. If Brady's throwing hand isn't 100%? This is a game.

Bortles threw 3 pics vs. SF.

I expect Jax to try and win time of possession, on the ground.

I'm just dunno if the pats can take away the run. If Brady's throwing hand isn't 100%? This is a game.

Bortles threw 3 pics vs. SF.

I expect Jax to try and win time of possession, on the ground.
I am not a Patriots fan. However, as Alsacs has said, and I agree, the Patriots take away your strength and make you win other ways. That is what they are best at. They will do their best to stifle the running game and make Bortles beat them in the air. Unless Bortles plays like he did against the Steelers last week :(, I can't see the Jags winning this game. Hoping for a good couple games this Sunday.

Games this weekend, should be great. As a pats fan, they've had better teams, so I'm not 100% that they'll take away Fournette. It's going to be a battle.

Games this weekend, should be great. As a pats fan, they've had better teams, so I'm not 100% that they'll take away Fournette. It's going to be a battle.
They put 5 DL in to stop Tennessee’s running game and it forced Mariota to throw.
They will likely play 3 safeties and have one safety as a de facto LB assigned to the RB.

They put 5 DL in to stop Tennessee’s running game and it forced Mariota to throw.
They will likely play 3 safeties and have one safety as a de facto LB assigned to the RB.
I dont think NE has the tools to stop Fournette, let alone Bortles wheels as well, even if they focus on blocking the run.

This will have to be a high scoring performance from Tom’s offense. I have no doubts the patriots should win.

I dont think NE has the tools to stop Fournette, let alone Bortles wheels as well, even if they focus on blocking the run.

This will have to be a high scoring performance from Tom’s offense. I have no doubts the patriots should win.
LOL dude don’t have the tools to stop Fournette?
They can put 8 in the box and he is stopped.
Bill Belichick can’t find a scheme to stop Leonard Fournette even Kaiser a first ballot Patriots hater wouldn’t say that.

This is a solid trolling effort.

I just think Jax isn't getting quite enough respect. That, and I'm a sucker for a great D/run game(Huge fan of Dungys Bucs)

Status
Not open for further replies.