NFL Thread | Page 292 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
People can try to delegitimize this game whatever way they want Patriots won Jaguars lost.
Is it the refs fault the Jags took a knee with 55 seconds, 2 TOs from there own 25.

That would be this guy

saintdoug.jpg

NFL officiating is a ton better than the college sports we watch. Yesterday's game wasn't even half as bad as the NCAA Final a couple of years ago where the officials basically handed Duke the basketball title in the last 10 minutes of the game over Wisconsin.

Don't even get me started anytime Syracuse Football goes south of the mason/dixon line

Go back to last year when it was painfully obvious the refs were instructed to not let Gonzaga win.

Last week you peddled Brady had surgery.
Now the heat is catching up.
Not the QB is 40 and HC is 65.
This show could use your skills.

Nah gotta Read better

I said nothing of the sort, actually said the opposite. I said the story was going around creating another aura which would allow/deviate from the ongoing narrative that the Patriots were getting advantages

It worked by the way

Not really doin much to dispell the whole Bandwagon Pats fans thing with that little doozy of an anecdote.
Hah! Kid has never had a chance to root for the underdog, he has no idea how much the Pats sucked.. I remember one of the only joys I used to have was the "Mosi's Mooses" section cheering when Mosi Tatupu scored... Watched Grogan and Eason, freezing my ass off in Sullivan stadium. No bandwagon here.

Hah! Kid has never had a chance to root for the underdog, he has no idea how much the Pats sucked.. I remember one of the only joys I used to have was the "Mosi's Mooses" section cheering when Mosi Tatupu scored... Watched Grogan and Eason, freezing my ass off in Sullivan stadium. No bandwagon here.

After getting bored destroying people with the 49ers, Lawrence Taylor, and Bo Jackson, I decided to see if I could take Steve Grogan's Patriots team all the way in Tecmo Super Bowl.

I could!

After getting bored destroying people with the 49ers, Lawrence Taylor, and Bo Jackson, I decided to see if I could take Steve Grogan's Patriots team all the way in Tecmo Super Bowl.

I could!
Marv Cook by far the best NE offensive weapon.
Also while Andre Tippett wasn’t LT in the game he was a Diet Coke Version of him and if you got him a lot of sacks became auto tackle like LT.
That Pats team wasn’t a good Tecmo team but I could win it with them. I actually did it with all 28 teams.
The hardest for me were Tampa Bay and Indy.

Patriots are following history and even though they are the “home” team they are electing to wear the road white jerseys.
Eagles will be in Green.
This is why.
DUHPn3GWAAErJtU

Will Doug Pederson pull a Phil Jackson and try to work the refs through the media?

Will Doug Pederson pull a Phil Jackson and try to work the refs through the media?
Sure because the only reason the Patriots win is because of the referees.
I know some others don’t believe this but the Patriots have had bad calls go against them as well.

Patriots are following history and even though they are the “home” team they are electing to wear the road white jerseys.
Eagles will be in Green.
This is why.
DUHPn3GWAAErJtU

Sports people are stupid crazy.

How many of the teams that lost wore green jerseys. Because I'm seeing 1 green winner up above... I like those percentages.

Sports people are stupid crazy.

How many of the teams that lost wore green jerseys. Because I'm seeing 1 green winner up above... I like those percentages.
I take it your aren’t superstitious?

It doesn’t matter that much but since it’s a game away from home the white is fine.

It doesn’t matter that much but since it’s a game away from home the white is fine.
I’m superstitious, so I get it...but I also get what he just said.

The only non white winner...wore green.

And you just put the iggs in green.

No, I am, but I'm an idiot sitting on a couch in Vermont.

I wonder if there are psychological reasons for the selection of white. Maybe that's why the refs go easier on teams wearing white, because of some subconscious white vs black/dark colors mentality that's innate.

Yeah, but... That's why I asked the question about the losers for the last number of years.

Okay, so looking at the teams, the only team I can see that wore a color that might be considered green was the Seahawks back in 2006. That was the year the refs stole the game from the Hawks if I remember correctly. The year before that, the Eagles played against the Pats. Same color pattern as this year will be.

Plus the Birds have won every game they tried to win this year when they wore green uniforms.

Tom Brady (5-2, .714) * vs Jim Schwartz defenses in regular season/postseason
123 for 205 - 60.0% - 1,561 Yds
11 TD - 1 INT
99.7 QB Rating
* 1 of the 2 losses Brady played 1 quarter in a meaningless game the team lost.

Schwartz
2001/2008 - Tennessee - DC - 4 games

2009/2013 - Detroit - HC - 1 game

2014 - Buffalo - DC - 2 games*
Brady only played in the first quarter of the second Buffalo season ending game and the Bills won.

2016/2017 - Philadelphia - DC - 0 games.

Every single Schwartz D had great DLs.

Status
Not open for further replies.