NFL Thread | Page 293 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I relished being an outlier. No more I guess, disappointing...

Of course the Refs are happy at Patriots TDs and wins, it earns them their performance bonus.

George Young had in his contract he controlled player personnel and coaching decisions.
That is why even though Parcells wanted Belichick to be his replacement when he would quit.
Young didn’t like Belichick so Belichick left for Cleveland and Parcells decided to retire late in June 1992.
George Young screwed Giants fans.
Parcells didn’t trust Young as Young tried to get Howard Scheilenberger to replace Parcells after 1982.

George Young had in his contract he controlled player personnel and coaching decisions.
That is why even though Parcells wanted Belichick to be his replacement when he would quit.
Young didn’t like Belichick so Belichick left for Cleveland and Parcells decided to retire late in June 1992.
George Young screwed Giants fans.
Parcells didn’t trust Young as Young tried to get Howard Scheilenberger to replace Parcells after 1982.
You're about 45% right.

Watching Brady vs. Time the dude works his a$$ off at his age that he isn’t done until he doesn’t want to work that hard.
It also tells me Max Kellerman and his cliff is completely wrong.

Not going to get into dumping on one team vs another but will say that my interest in the NFL has gone down every year for awhile now because officiating and interpretation of rules (like what is a catch) has pretty much decided every single big game in recent years. This year was no different.

I watched that Tom Brady Facebook documentary and I am a hundred percent convinced that he is a robot that has been programmed to win Super Bowls. It's flat out impressive.
Looking forward to that it looks really bad tom might be the first athlete ever to collect a paycheck and social security

I truly hope this SB is decided by an asinine official review of a catch.

And if, through some miracle or act of God, that ruling is against the Patriots then Goodell will have clearly defined catch guidelines in place before the draft.

(Lol at the thought of NE getting boned on a catch review...what did I smoke tonight!?)

70 million dollars for Alex Smith?
The Redskins are truly a dumb organization.
Chiefs are getting Kendall Fuller and a 3rd round pick.

Kirk Cousins and Jimmy G are like thank you. They are going to get paid.
The Redskins will get a 3rd round compensatory pick next year when Cousins signs elsewhere. KC could have and should have gotten at least a 2nd round pick based on that.

All they did was send Smith to the NFC for a slot corner added.

70 million dollars for Alex Smith?
The Redskins are truly a dumb organization.
Chiefs are getting Kendall Fuller and a 3rd round pick.

Kirk Cousins and Jimmy G are like thank you. They are going to get paid.
The Redskins will get a 3rd round compensatory pick next year when Cousins signs elsewhere. KC could have and should have gotten at least a 2nd round pick based on that.

All they did was send Smith to the NFC for a slot corner added.

Not exactly. The comp 3rd comes after the regular portion of the third round is completed. OTOH, the pick that KC receives from the 'Skins could be pretty good. Maybe 25-30 picks higher.

But it was clear that KC couldn't wait to install Mahomes at not even pennies on the dollar of the price for the 34 year-0ld Smith. So I agree with you: "The Redskins are truly a dumb organization." Overpay for an aging QB coming off his best season. Talk about 'Buy high'.

Oh, and then there's this from Pro Football Rumors:

"The Redskins’ decision to part with Fuller in exchange for Smith is fairly surprising given that Fuller is still only 22 years old and performed like one the NFL’s best cornerbacks in 2017. Fuller played two-thirds of Washington’s defensive snaps a season ago and graded as the league’s No. 6 cornerback, per Pro Football Focus. Football Outsiders was also a fan of Fuller’s work, as the former third-round pick ranked second in success rate and eighth in yards per pass allowed.

Fuller’s contract situation is also appealing, as he still has two years left on his rookie deal. While the Redskins have agreed to a four-year, $94MM extension with Smith, Fuller will earn less than $1.5MM from 2018-19. That’s incredibly important for the Chiefs, who were projected to be nearly $10MM over the cap when the 2018 league year began in mid-March."

Talk about 'Sell low'. Were I a 'Skins fan, I'd be mutinous.

Last edited:
Not exactly. The comp 3rd comes after the regular portion of the third round is completed. OTOH, the pick that KC receives from the 'Skins could be pretty good. Maybe 25-30 picks higher.

But it was clear that KC couldn't wait to install Mahomes at not even pennies on the dollar of the price for the 34 year-0ld Smith. So I agree with you: "The Redskins are truly a dumb organization." Overpay for an aging QB coming off his best season. Talk about 'Buy high'.

"The Redskins’ decision to part with Fuller in exchange for Smith is fairly surprising given that Fuller is still only 22 years old and performed like one the NFL’s best cornerbacks in 2017. Fuller played two-thirds of Washington’s defensive snaps a season ago and graded as the league’s No. 6 cornerback, per Pro Football Focus. Football Outsiders was also a fan of Fuller’s work, as the former third-round pick ranked second in success rate and eighth in yards per pass allowed.

Fuller’s contract situation is also appealing, as he still has two years left on his rookie deal. While the Redskins have agreed to a four-year, $94MM extension with Smith, Fuller will earn less than $1.5MM from 2018-19. That’s incredibly important for the Chiefs, who were projected to be nearly $10MM over the cap when the 2018 league year began in mid-March."

Redskins have the 78th pick.
The Redskins will get the 97th pick next year.
They moved down 19’spots and gave up 2 years of Fuller.

The Redskins gave Smith 71 million guaranteed.
They are stupid.

KC did okay but they didn’t get much other than controlling where Smith went and hoping Fuller is good.

The local KC reports around here are very high about getting Fuller in the deal. They needed someone opposite Marcus Peters badly and are really optimistic he will be the guy.

Fox will replace CBS and NBC as the “TNF” broadcaster as part of a five-year deal that will be announced later today, according to sources. Fox’ deal will pay the NFL more than the combined $450M per year CBS and NBC paid over the last two years. Sources peg Fox’ payout at an average of around $550M per year through the '22 season, which syncs up with the league’s other TV deals. This is a strong sign for the NFL, as it shows its programming remains among the most valuable in entertainment.

As part of the deal, Fox will carry 11 “TNF” games per season. Those games will be simulcast on NFL Network and a digital partner still to be named. NFL Network will carry an undetermined number of games exclusively in order to adhere to its pay-TV affiliate deals. As part of the deal, Fox picked up expanded mobile rights for its Thursday and Sunday games. Fox’ top NFL broadcast team of Joe Buck and Troy Aikman will not be in the booth for the “TNF” games, which marks a difference from previous Thursday deals when the NFL mandated that CBS and NBC use its top broadcast teams. The NFL last year did allow NBC to use Mike Tirico on Thursday in place of Al Michaels...

Sources: Fox Picks Up "TNF" Rights, Replacing CBS, NBC

Status
Not open for further replies.