NFL Thread | Page 294 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jets are the team rumored to get Cousins.

It's so interesting. I've seen rumors that the Jets are prioritizing Cousins and then I've seen rumors that they have no interest in signing a veteran QB and are planning to use the draft to get their future QB.

I think signing Cousins makes a lot of sense for them personally; they could turn that team around really quickly if they do it right this offseason.

It's so interesting. I've seen rumors that the Jets are prioritizing Cousins and then I've seen rumors that they have no interest in signing a veteran QB and are planning to use the draft to get their future QB.

I think signing Cousins makes a lot of sense for them personally; they could turn that team around really quickly if they do it right this offseason.
Define turn it around?
Win 8 or 9 games sure.
Contend for the division not sure.

Patriots have 3 FA starters in Nate Solder Malcolm Butler, Dion Lewis and are getting back Edelman, Hightower, Mitchell, Valentine off IR.t

Barring an injury to Brady the other 3 teams are playing for a wild card.

I do think the Jets played hard last year and Bowles deserved another year.

It’s just the other 3 AFC East as Long Islandcuse has said are the division with the 1000 lb guerilla.

Last edited:
Fox will replace CBS and NBC as the “TNF” broadcaster as part of a five-year deal that will be announced later today, according to sources. Fox’ deal will pay the NFL more than the combined $450M per year CBS and NBC paid over the last two years. Sources peg Fox’ payout at an average of around $550M per year through the '22 season, which syncs up with the league’s other TV deals. This is a strong sign for the NFL, as it shows its programming remains among the most valuable in entertainment.

As part of the deal, Fox will carry 11 “TNF” games per season. Those games will be simulcast on NFL Network and a digital partner still to be named. NFL Network will carry an undetermined number of games exclusively in order to adhere to its pay-TV affiliate deals. As part of the deal, Fox picked up expanded mobile rights for its Thursday and Sunday games. Fox’ top NFL broadcast team of Joe Buck and Troy Aikman will not be in the booth for the “TNF” games, which marks a difference from previous Thursday deals when the NFL mandated that CBS and NBC use its top broadcast teams. The NFL last year did allow NBC to use Mike Tirico on Thursday in place of Al Michaels...

Sources: Fox Picks Up "TNF" Rights, Replacing CBS, NBC
I heard Gus Johnson is the guy Fox wants for TNF and the NFL doesn’t care.
It sucks for Tirico though.

Define turn it around?
Win 8 or 9 games sure.
Contend for the division not sure.

Patriots have 2 FA starters in Solder and Dion Lewis and are getting back Edelman, Hightower, Mitchell, Valentine off IR.

Barring an injury to Brady the other 3 teams are playing for a wild card.

I do think the Jets played hard last year and Bowles deserved another year.

It’s just the other 3 AFC East as Long Islandcuse has said are the division with the 1000 lb guerilla.

They won't contend for the division unless Brady takes a huge downturn, but I think a good offseason (built around signing Cousins) can catapult the Jets into the wild card hunt.

Something like:
1. Sign Cousins
2. Sign Jarvis Landry
3. Draft Quentin Nelson
4. Fill in the gaps at CB and O-Line (probably a RB too) with the leftover money/picks and the Jets could be pretty good

Already irrationally convincing myself Tannehills going for a 30/10 season
You guys will beat New England at home especially if it’s early in the season or on prime time.

Miami needs to look at these QBs in the draft and if one slips pounce as Gase is one of the top offensive
Minds in the NFL.

They won't contend for the division unless Brady takes a huge downturn, but I think a good offseason (built around signing Cousins) can catapult the Jets into the wild card hunt.

Something like:
1. Sign Cousins
2. Sign Jarvis Landry
3. Draft Quentin Nelson
4. Fill in the gaps at CB and O-Line (probably a RB too) with the leftover money/picks and the Jets could be pretty good
Jets will be better with this offseason.
The Dolphins have to tag Landry.
If he is unrestricted he will set the records for WR in guaranteed money.

They will let Muhammed Wilkerson go and he is a guy I see NE pouncing on for if he doesn’t want top of the market money and he wants a rehab his market short contract after what NY did to him.

Jets need help at CB as well.

Something like:
1. Sign Cousins
2. Sign Jarvis Landry
3. Draft Quentin Nelson
If the Jets get Landry i’ll lose my mind and it wont be pretty

You guys will beat New England at home especially if it’s early in the season or on prime time.

Miami needs to look at these QBs in the draft and if one slips pounce as Gase is one of the top offensive
Minds in the NFL.
If Mayfield or Allen miraculously drop outside the top ten they’ll be in aqua

If the Fins don’t franchise tag Landry if he won’t sign. They are beyond stupid.
They had offers at the trade deadline for him. Belichick offered the Fins the 2nd round pick he got for Jimmy G for him.

If the Fins don’t franchise tag Landry if he won’t sign. They are beyond stupid.
They had offers at the trade deadline for him. Belichick offered the Fins the 2nd round pick he got for Jimmy G for him.
Landry’s a top five receiver if he has a decent QB which Tannehill can be and Cutler is not.

I will become unhinged.

If Mayfield or Allen miraculously drop outside the top ten they’ll be in aqua

I remember reading that Matt Miller had heard that Miami was higher on Lamar Jackson than probably any other team too. Whether or not that means they'd consider him at #11, I'm not sure.

I've heard the Jets are likely to target Dez Bryant in a trade, but I think Landry just makes so much sense for them if they get Cousins. He's a perfect system fit and Kirk loves his slot WRs and it doesn't get much better than Landry in that regard; plus he'd be in NYC with his boy Odell (just not on the same team obviously).

I remember reading that Matt Miller had heard that Miami was higher on Lamar Jackson than probably any other team too. Whether or not that means they'd consider him at #11, I'm not sure.
I wouldn’t be furious considering i think he’d fit well with Landry/Drake/D williams... and our lack of blocking wouldnt effect him as much i guess

I've heard the Jets are likely to target Dez Bryant in a trade, but I think Landry just makes so much sense for them if they get Cousins. He's a perfect system fit and Kirk loves his slot WRs and it doesn't get much better than Landry in that regard; plus he'd be in NYC with his boy Odell (just not on the same team obviously).

Why would they target Bryant? While Bryant may not be the prima donna that TO was, he's still a prima donna and he's nowhere near TO's level. Plus he's always injured. And expensive. I wouldn't touch him.

Jets are the team rumored to get Cousins.
Jax or denver.

The jets could and should make a push, but if I’m Cousins...no thank you.

Same for the Bills.

I’d stay out of the AFC East for 2-3 more years.

Get a young QB and let him get his reps; so when Gibraltar is out of the way, you are ready.

I agree. McCown did a decent job last year but Cousins would undoubtedly be an upgrade.

Gronk officially good to go for the superbowl.
tumblr_msfe94khEI1qd0e7go2_500_zps64144875.gif~c200

Status
Not open for further replies.