NFL Thread | Page 53 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can root for whoever you want, I didn't want to be a Giants fan.

You had a choice?

Let me try to tell my dad that I'm down with anyone else besides the Giants, or the Yankees, or Syracuse... would break his heart

I bought a Troy Aikman jersey in Saskatchewan and a Tony Romo jersey in Vancouver. JK

I knew that. If you'd said Darian Durant you might have had me. :)

Last edited:
So tell me, after that BS no-call on the two-point convert (hands to the face of Bradford), does anyone have an difficulty understanding how badly the NFL of Goodell wants the Cowboys in the SB? Jesus, Mary and Joseph, there aren't words to describe how much I hate the GDF-ing Cowboys.

Sorry about the delayed response---just home from watching with my Giants crew. Just crushing, both the refs and the Vikings boned us. But it never should have come to the 2-point screwjob that you referenced---catch the damn punt!!

The only silver lining is that Vikings probably eliminated themselves from the Wild Card hunt; at the very least, they are not going to get the 1st WC, so they probably won't be able to knock the G-Men out. In fact, the Giants have very little competition now with the cushion they have as first WC--the 3rd WC team (1st out) is the Tampa Bay Bucs, 2 games out. They don't exactly scare me. And doesn't really matter how the Redskins do at the moment, as they both would get in. I know the Packers might get hot now, but then they would win the Division anyway, as one of their games is vs the Lions (who have a very tough schedule down stretch).

Last edited:
You had a choice?

Let me try to tell my dad that I'm down with anyone else besides the Giants, or the Yankees, or Syracuse... would break his heart

My dad is a Giants fan, its sports, some people take things way too serious. Its fun having a rivalry with my dad.

I root for the Seahawks all the time unless they're playing the Bills. Went out to a sports bar with a bunch of my work friends for the MNF game a few weeks ago and had blast. There
My dad is a Giants fan, its sports, some people take things way too serious. Its fun having a rivalry with my dad.

wasn't one other Bills' fan out of about 200 people.

I root for the Seahawks all the time unless they're playing the Bills. Went out to a sports bar with a bunch of my work friends for the MNF game a few weeks ago and had blast. There

wasn't one other Bills' fan out of about 200 people.

Went to a Seahawks-panthers game last year in Seattle. Went into the day planting on rooting for Carolina just because. Couldn't even see the stadium before I was a die hard Seahawks fan for the day. Had way more fun being a pet of the atmosphere

Went to a Seahawks-panthers game last year in Seattle. Went into the day planting on rooting for Carolina just because. Couldn't even see the stadium before I was a die hard Seahawks fan for the day. Had way more fun being a pet of the atmosphere
Next time you're down let me get you two a beer.

You had a choice?

I had no choice. Much like my son had no choice. Gmen or nothing in our household.

Rules in our house (in no order)

Syracuse
Giants
Yankees

Never root for

Dallas
Red Sox
Notre Dame
Uconn
Georgetown

If you follow these rules life will be good. If not...major issues

That call and the hold on the Elliott run cost us 14 points and the game being a blow out. So yeah the refs missed a hands to the face (along with a false start) on the 2 point play but that is the way this modern league is. You hope there are more blown calls for the other guy than for you.

It's funny but not at all unusual that as a fan you remember the bad breaks and calls that go against your team but somehow the good breaks and calls for you are easily forgotten. There was a series of calls in the first half that went against the Vikes and the home crowd was not all that pleased.

It's funny but not at all unusual that as a fan you remember the bad breaks and calls that go against your team but somehow the good breaks and calls for you are easily forgotten. There was a series of calls in the first half that went against the Vikes and the home crowd was not all that pleased.

Hard to tell if they were booing the refs or their offense.

That said your point is accurate. Fans only remember the screw jobs and not the breaks that go their way.

Sadly in the modern NFL the best we can hope for as a fan is that the refs miss more calls for the other team than for ours.

I had no choice. Much like my son had no choice. Gmen or nothing in our household.

Syracuse
Giants
Yankees
Blackhawks

Never root for

Dallas
Montreal Canadiens
Red Sox
Notre Dame
Uconn
Georgetown

Couple of add-ons. Except for the Jets (Giants are a close #2, remember I go back to Charlie Conerly), you could be my own son.

Must've hit a nerve so I'll be gentle.

How does an Upper East or West side Manhattanite stomach schlepping to Jersey to watch a football game!?!!

I thought all New Yawkers looked down on NJ as the armpit of America?!

Regardless, you sound absurd accusing SYRACUSE fans of being bandwagoners because of the pro team they root for.

You might have a case if this were a Duke, UK or tOSU board.

Anyone who has posted on these boards over the past 15 years (and isn't a worthless basketball only) can never be called a bandwagon fan of anything.

Even Pats fans.
very simple.

1st of all, where would you like to put a football stadium in NYC? there is no place for it., F out by shea, that's LI. to hell with Staten Island, that's Staten Island. no room in Brooklyn and no thank you to the Bronx...we go there enough for sports as it is.

its perfect in Jersey. right out of the Lincoln Tunnel and a quick drive over the GW. theres a ton of space to party and when its over, we just leave all our trash and emptys on the ground and jerseyfolk can pick it up.

yes im taking some shots at my friend briancuse here because clearly he needs help.

I thought he was a poke fan because aikman was dreamy, Irvin was cool, smith gave Jim Brown a run for his $$ and because they won.

that's not why.

its because of their pretty helmets.

good lord man!!

the other thing with poke fans is that we only hear from them when they are good. they got a closet full of 'star' clothing that hasn't been worn since RW McQuarters intercepted romo in January of 2008 and TC had to walk over to the poke locker room and pick up the the flight tickets jerruh had bought for the team to Green Bay for the NFC Champ game. classic.

in the the last 20 years, the Giants have lost as many SuperBowls as the pokes have won playoff games.

screw them, their bandwagon fans and the ones who like the pretty helmets...

Syracuse
Giants
Yankees

Never root for

Dallas
Red Sox
Notre Dame
Uconn
Georgetown

exactly.

I throw the Rangers in Knicks in there and in the never category the iggs, flyers and just for elementary school fights...the devils. I don't really hate anyone in the NBA, well except for the Jordan bulls, the recent heat teams and the 2017 warriors.

very simple.

1st of all, where would you like to put a football stadium in NYC? there is no place for it., F out by shea, that's LI. to hell with Staten Island, that's Staten Island. no room in Brooklyn and no thank you to the Bronx...we go there enough for sports as it is.

its perfect in Jersey. right out of the Lincoln Tunnel and a quick drive over the GW. theres a ton of space to party and when its over, we just leave all our trash and emptys on the ground and jerseyfolk can pick it up.

yes im taking some shots at my friend briancuse here because clearly he needs help.

I thought he was a poke fan because aikman was dreamy, Irvin was cool, smith gave Jim Brown a run for his $$ and because they won.

that's not why.

good lord man!!

the other thing with poke fans is that we only hear from them when they are good. they got a closet full of 'star' clothing that hasn't been worn since RW McQuarters intercepted romo in January of 2008 and TC had to walk over to the poke locker room and pick up the the flight tickets jerruh had bought for the team to Green Bay for the NFC Champ game. classic.

in the the last 20 years, the Giants have lost as many SuperBowls as the pokes have won playoff games.

Tom Landry died a Giants fan.

upload_2016-12-2_16-14-57.png

Attachments

• upload_2016-12-2_16-14-35.png
    upload_2016-12-2_16-14-35.png
    118.3 KB · Views: 30
very simple.

that's not why.

good lord man!!

I was 5 years old, give me a break, my issue with you is the frontrunner comments, it just doesn't make sense. There is a large group of Cowboys who only come out when they are good, I am not one of them, and you know that.

I was 5 years old, give me a break, my issue with you is the frontrunner comments, it just doesn't make sense. There is a large group of Cowboys who only come out when they are good, I am not one of them, and you know that.

Dude he is just egging you on cause he knows he is under your skin.

When Dallas comes to Philly, Christie sits in a luxury box that is right above where I have season tickets. The fans ride his large derriere from opening kickoff to the final gun.

Do you worry the concrete will fall in on you?

Actually it's set back a ways but I guess if he ever fell forward it might be an unstoppable force.
if he ever yells...'be quiet or ill steamroller you!!'

id get 1 last post in here so we know what happened to you as you most likely will never be identified...

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.