NHL Playoffs | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

NHL Playoffs

sounds like they have not really decided how injured Petry is..

sprained / torn / broken finger/ dislocated..

not sure which would allow him to play more..

If the Canadiens are winning tonight I can see a hellybuck doing something wacky a la Ron Hextall.

Montreal cant beat Avs/Vegas without Petry, but those teams play wide open which is actually the style montreal wanted to play when the yr started. the wore Winn down with the forecheck dont know they can do that against the teams left in this thing.

This is about 7 more playoff wins for Montreal than I expected.

They will be a great representative for Canada's hockey fans to be proud of and cheer for in round 3.

I thought they had a great shot at Toronto if they scored just a little.. Winn I thought would be easy given the style they play, They needed a wide open pace to create any scoring chances and thats edmontons game. The next round will be the reach.

I wonder what the plans are for the 3rd round of the playoffs.. They condensed the 2nd round for Montreal, had them come out of the first rd and play 2 days later then sped that series up with a back to back so 11 games pretty fast. buts its looking like they are giving everyone a break now before rd 3.. the tampa/isles series could start sat/sun but they wont and the Avs/VK could go to Sat so maybe they plan on moving everyon until early next week.. They should be looking at like Mon for Tampa/Isles and Tues for Mont/Vk-Col

can Montreal limit to Vegas to just seeing eye face off goals for the rest of the series because at some point that should even out.

will be interesting to see how lack of crowd changes things the next 2 games as well. no doubt Vegas fed off that with the big crowds in Vegas

not sure to feel bad that Flurry gave the game away in the 3rd or feel ok after the refs swallowed the whistle the last 20 min to let Vegas keep the lead.. missing the perry slash just compounded how bad they were down the stretch

Toute une victoire pour les magnifique les Canadiens! Ville de Vache et certainement tres fier de cette equipe!

It's getting ridiculous with the refs and Vegas, I think I'm pulling for Montreal to win now

It's getting ridiculous with the refs and Vegas, I think I'm pulling for Montreal to win now

perry must have bladed himself in overtime. And most of the other calls against Montreal in regulation were suspect.

Craig Button on TSN who is a pretty balanced analyst went nuts on the refs after the game. Said it was the worst reffed game he saw all playoffs.

You know who you are.

Vegas in 4
Vegas in 5

Vegas in 6

What an ending.

horrible call on Hedman though

Not a shot at you, sam, but on the replay there was contact. That's the chance he took when he put his stick into the player's skates. When you force the ref to make a decision, you're stuck with the decision he makes.
noidea.gif

Not a shot at you, sam, but on the replay there was contact. That's the chance he took when he put his stick into the player's skates. When you force the ref to make a decision, you're stuck with the decision he makes. View attachment 202432
Yeah, you’re definitely stuck with the decision the ref makes. But looked like Hedman lightly slashed the NYI player in the shins. I didn’t see contact with the skates.

anyhow, Lehner getting the call for Vegas tonight. Interesting decision

Not that I follow hockey much but when did they move Montreal to the Western conf?

Not that I follow hockey much but when did they move Montreal to the Western conf?
Due to Covid restrictions, the Canadian teams couldn’t travel to the US this season and vice versa so four divisions were created(one all Canadian, one all eastern conference, one all western conference and one which had both East and west American teams) and conferences scrapped. Four teams from each division made the playoffs and had to play each other first two rounds. Each “division champion” made the Stanley Cup semifinals and matchups were determined based on regular season point totals regardless of what traditional conference each team plays in. As it so happened, three traditional eastern conference teams and only one traditional western conference teams made it to the last four.

The ossified frontal lobes who run the NHL have long held the position, "Let the players decide." They're apparently not smart enough to understand that officials affect the outcome of games even more with what they don't call than with what they do. So, perversely, official NHL policy holds that the teams that break the rules the most, win the most. Playoff hockey has again become boring, and inscrutably frustrating.

Sam, your comment above about the Hedman penalty is not unwarranted, given what the officials had let go up to that point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom