Nike Rebrand? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Nike Rebrand?

I’d probably buy that shirt if Otto wasn’t on it. Nothing against Otto, I’m just not a mascot on shirt guy.

I like that style of lettering they used for “Syracuse” though, and I like that’s it orange.

Replace Otto with the S basketball logo, and I’d buy two.

Time to break out the Apex One jackets people!
1_cc72900edebdc22925a1e05f2c2125c6.jpg

s-l300.jpg

1892212123951063914.jpg

s-l300.jpg

It would be great if we could settle the great debate over what exactly are our colors?

I vote for a return to the "traditional" Orange and Navy blue. Once you decide that, the logo is less important to me, although it would be great if we would choose one and stick with it.

Looking back at my fan gear with all the color and logo changes, I sometimes wonder if I've been rooting for different teams over the years?

Where do you live?
Syracuse, but I’m not sure why that matters. No one on earth looks at a green and white block s and thinks Syracuse either. I think we CAN AGREE though, that anyone who confuses logos aren’t big sports fans anyway?

Syracuse, but I’m not sure why that matters. No one on earth looks at a green and white block s and thinks Syracuse either. I think we CAN AGREE though, that anyone who confuses logos aren’t big sports fans anyway?

download.png

I didn't get it either, but looking it up after I can see where the confusion is. Probably not huge sports fans and it happens only when I'm in California.

Agree - I guess I'm not sure where the confusion is if they are looking at all 3 logos in colors for MSU, SU and Stanford.

IMO this is the order of best logos. For space, here's my top 4.

#1. Clean, with the arching "Syracuse" over it, there's no confusion about what the "S" stands for, a la Stanford or MSU.

syracuse_orange_2006-pres-a.png

#2. For those of us who were at SU during the years immediately prior to, during, or right after the NC, this is OUR logo. Loved that logo so much. I was heartbroken when they changed it to the St Johns SU logo.

syracuse_orange_2001-pres_a.png

#3. Completely underrated. For a few years before the NC, we used this as an alternate logo. LOVE the use of the Dome in the background.
syracuse_orange_2001-2003_a.png

#4. I think this is probably the BEST "retro" logo we have. I love the waving "Syracuse" banner in the middle. I would not at all be upset if this was our new primary logo.
syracuse_orange_1992-2003-a.png

There's more logos here: Syracuse Orange Alternate Logo | Sports Logo History. I also like the one from 92'-03'.

I like the “banner” logo it’s classics unique — like the university itself. It won’t be on the helmet. Going retro with only orange with stripes. B-ball goes back to script

lol - yes, they did, but the links are all messed up. Clicking on our block S takes you to the Stanford page. You need to click on Tennessee's 'T' to get to the SU page.
Hard to believe this is a billion dollar corporation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom