NIL Discussion | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

NIL Discussion

Schools can’t provide players with nil money. SUs accelerate program has nothing to do with giving players NIL money. In short it’s the program to provide education and resources on how to grow your brand and how to go about legally getting NIL deals. Brandr is a marketing company that helps players connect with businesses, boosters etc on NIL deals.

Thats not what you said. Of course schools cant pay players directly. Schools and boosters can use NIL. They allegedly can’t use nil as pay for play but thats virtually impossible to police, unless your going about it in a profoundly stupid way.

Btw anyone else curious what nike throws at the next lebron james? I think the shoe companies get involved in the nil game eventually.

Thats not what you said. Of course schools cant pay players directly. Schools and boosters can use NIL. They allegedly can’t use nil as pay for play but thats virtually impossible to police, unless your going about it in a profoundly stupid way.

That’s not what I said??

Well there are plenty of wealthy alumni and friends of the program. Everyone wants to see the team succeed. It's either not a priority or poor execution.
“Put up or shut up” as they say, want to solve the NIL problem at syracuse? Either create your own fund or get a group of people together, start a bull charity and have everyone pay into it. It’s not everyone else’s job to make the change you want to see.

“Put up or shut up” as they say, want to solve the NIL problem at syracuse? Either create your own fund or get a group of people together, start a bull charity and have everyone pay into it. It’s not everyone else’s job to make the change you want to see.
Yes. I am starting the Syracusefan.com NIL fund. We have over 5000 members who have a common interest and would like to see the program succeed. That being said, how much can I put you down for? And is that a one-time amount or a monthly contribution?

Yes. I am starting the Syracusefan.com NIL fund. We have over 5000 members who have a common interest and would like to see the program succeed. That being said, how much can I put you down for? And is that a one-time amount or a monthly contribution?
I would gladly contribute to a fund. The difference in this scenario though is that I’m not the one complaining about how other people are not spending money on my favorite college basketball team.

How can the NCAA possibly police, or even be entrusted to police, the NIL when they let every program in the country, except Syracuse and Louisville, get away with the worst cheating of the rules possible? All those programs got a greenlight to continue doing whatever they see fit in regards to "recruiting". It will be near impossible to get the top quality players at Syracuse with other programs doing anything to to go after them as well. That has been the problem for the last 10 years, other programs have been paying players to play for them and Syracuse wasn't. And, they got away with it while Syracuse was raked over the coals for what amounts to nothing.

Im not sure how many active members we have but what if we did create an NIL fund. Let the mods determine how its distributed. My two cents is all funds go to football during the season. Basketball during the season.

Who wants to take the lead on this? Not sure everyone can read the article.

According to numbers online, UK has a total endowment of 2.1 Billion and Syracuse has 1.8 Billion. Pretty close, especially compared to Harvard's 53 Billion. We know Kentucky is very passionate about their basketball, but isn't Syracuse also? I like Tshiebwe a lot as a college player, but he is projected as an early to mid second round draft pick. Here is a question I brought up a year ago. Is Syracuse so concerned about their donations coming from such a limited pie that they would rather have the money go to the school instead of having the money go to the players? And, how can Syracuse expand that pie within the rules (as other schools obviously are doing a much better job of it) so there is more money going both to the school and to the players?

According to numbers online, UK has a total endowment of 2.1 Billion and Syracuse has 1.8 Billion. Pretty close, especially compared to Harvard's 53 Billion. We know Kentucky is very passionate about their basketball, but isn't Syracuse also? I like Tshiebwe a lot as a college player, but he is projected as an early to mid second round draft pick. Here is a question I brought up a year ago. Is Syracuse so concerned about their donations coming from such a limited pie that they would rather have the money go to the school instead of having the money go to the players? And, how can Syracuse expand that pie within the rules (as other schools obviously are doing a much better job of it) so there is more money going both to the school and to the players?

Not sure I understand your post unless I’m misreading it. What does the endowment have to do with NIL?

Can you share for those of us non Syracuse.com subscribers ?

Unfortunately I can’t since it’s a subscription article. I’ll just say that JW answers many of the questions that people have been asking here as to what is SU and/or boosters doing in regards to NIL and the academic payments that schools can make to athletes. They were all positive answers. He also does a good job explaining NIL.

Not sure I understand your post unless I’m misreading it. What does the endowment have to do with NIL?
They don't have any direct correlation. I just used that as an example of how the alumni, etc support each school financially. I think the biggest problem is that people/companies are using their money to donate to Syracuse, and no one is adding additional funding to support the individual athletes through NIL's. The pie has not expanded to pay players, but going directly to the school.

At Kentucky or Duke or Arkansas, someone is obviously getting their wealthy supporters on the phone and saying who is going to buck up $2 million for this guy, or a million for this guy. Who is doing that for Syracuse?

They don't have any direct correlation. I just used that as an example of how the alumni, etc support each school financially. I think the biggest problem is that people/companies are using their money to donate to Syracuse, and no one is adding additional funding to support the individual athletes through NIL's. The pie has not expanded to pay players, but going directly to the school.

At Kentucky or Duke or Arkansas, someone is obviously getting their wealthy supporters on the phone and saying who is going to buck up $2 million for this guy, or a million for this guy. Who is doing that for Syracuse?

JW has met/spoken with numerous businesses and individuals. In that interview today he said we were close to having a collective identified.

JW has met/spoken with numerous businesses and individuals. In that interview today he said we were close to having a collective identified.
That's all fine and dandy but sounds like he could possibly be negligent in his duties if they are a year behind other top schools. Buddy cereal is great but that's not bringing top recruits to CNY or helping to keep them here. I'm not going to judge what he has done so far or what will be done short term/long term, but eventually the proof is the product being placed on the playing field.

That's all fine and dandy but sounds like he could possibly be negligent in his duties if they are a year behind other top schools. Buddy cereal is great but that's not bringing top recruits to CNY or helping to keep them here. I'm not going to judge what he has done so far or what will be done short term/long term, but eventually the proof is the product being placed on the playing field.

I don’t think we’re a tear behind everyone. Only half have a collective and many were just announced in the past couple weeks.

Unfortunately I can’t since it’s a subscription article. I’ll just say that JW answers many of the questions that people have been asking here as to what is SU and/or boosters doing in regards to NIL and the academic payments that schools can make to athletes. They were all positive answers. He also does a good job explaining NIL.
So he did a good job explaining why SU has decided to ignore NIL as a recruiting tool and thus allow it's athletics to fade into obscurity? Because that is what it looks like from here.

So he did a good job explaining why SU has decided to ignore NIL as a recruiting tool and thus allow it's athletics to fade into obscurity? Because that is what it looks like from here.

Yea, that’s exactly it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom