NIL Discussion | Syracusefan.com

NIL Discussion

Wonder if JB doesn't want to use any sort of bag or NIL in recruiting because of previous sanctions or if he's just old minded and won't adapt?
I wouldn't be surprised if he is hesitant to play the recruiting games. Meanwhile, Duke is paying guys left and right and even teams like Depaul are playing the game to some extent? Forget that, jump in and do what it takes to get players, otherwise we are just going to sink until we hire someone that can get the job done.

Wonder if JB doesn't want to use any sort of bag or NIL in recruiting because of previous sanctions or if he's just old minded and won't adapt?
Maybe that’s why our recruiting has taken a nose dive.

I wouldn't be surprised if he is hesitant to play the recruiting games. Meanwhile, Duke is paying guys left and right and even teams like Depaul are playing the game to some extent? Forget that, jump in and do what it takes to get players, otherwise we are just going to sink until we hire someone that can get the job done.
It's crazy that he keeps harping on "we're not recruiting at a high enough level" but then won't change his recruiting methodology and expects there to be some change.

Someone should tell him that when you recruit in the portal, you only have to recruit them for like 2-3 weeks lol.

It's crazy that he keeps harping on "we're not recruiting at a high enough level" but then won't change his recruiting methodology and expects there to be some change.

Someone should tell him that when you recruit in the portal, you only have to recruit them for like 2-3 weeks lol.
I've never been JB's age. So, if he just doesn't have the energy to do the job, it's ok to retire. I am sure he doesn't see it as he's dragging the program down, but from the outside looking in, it sure looks that way. If he wants to show the fanbase that he can still do the job, it has to happen right now. Do whatever it takes to bring in more talent. If we strike out and we run with the guys that we hopefully have coming back along with a decent recruiting class, then he better hope we have a GREAT year next year.

If you don’t cheat in this sport you don’t win. We need to cheat again and then tell the NCAA to go to hell if they come around. Don’t bend over like we did the last time. Dammit.
I want to enjoy sports again. If we’re going to miss the dance I want it to be because we were banned for trying to compete instead of rolling over and accepting bubble status.

How much longer can we slog through the desert?

Why do people think we need to cheat? There are legal ways to compensate the players now?

Why do people think we need to cheat? There are legal ways to compensate the players now?
Because NIL is "technically not suppose to be used for recruiting" but Syracuse won't touch anything gray area with a 10 foot pole.

Because NIL is "technically not suppose to be used for recruiting" but Syracuse won't touch anything gray area with a 10 foot pole.

NIL can’t be used at all by coaches or the school.

We've had this conversation before so I know where you stand on this. You're technically not suppose to but it hasn't stopped other schools. The landscape has changed, you even have experts who suggest using NIL as recruiting tactics.

Of course. But there are still ways to get out in front of it and spread the word that every player on the team is being rewarded. A few teams have done that. Except for Buddy, and to a much lesser degree Jimmy, Joe and Cole, has these players really benefitted. Hard to tell.

We've had this conversation before so I know where you stand on this. You're technically not suppose to but it hasn't stopped other schools. The landscape has changed, you even have experts who suggest using NIL as recruiting tactics.

You have the marketing agencies that schools hire line up NIL from businesses and donors and boosters. But you need those businesses, donors and boosters. Can they call you? :)

Of course. But there are still ways to get out in front of it and spread the word that every player on the team is being rewarded. A few teams have done that. Except for Buddy, and to a much lesser degree Jimmy, Joe and Cole, has these players really benefitted. Hard to tell.

Many of them have small deals. Football and lax have done better. Like I told pwong, you need the people that are going to put up the money.

Many of them have small deals. Football and lax have done better. Like I told pwong, you need the people that are going to put up the money.
Well there are plenty of wealthy alumni and friends of the program. Everyone wants to see the team succeed. It's either not a priority or poor execution.

Well there are plenty of wealthy alumni and friends of the program. Everyone wants to see the team succeed. It's either not a priority or poor execution.

It’s obvious to me we don’t have businesses and people who want to put out large sums of money. But to be honest, there aren’t as many big deals out there as people think.

It’s obvious to me we don’t have businesses and people who want to put out large sums of money. But to be honest, there aren’t as many big deals out there as people think.
My guess would be that Syracuse (like most schools) would want donors and boosters giving money to the schools directly rather than the players. I don't think there are big deals as the school doesn't provide the opportunities since they're afraid to lose money.

Just making assumptions, are boosters opposed to giving less money to the school and more to players if it helps improve the product? At a bare minimum we have Weistman.

My guess would be that Syracuse (like most schools) would want donors and boosters giving money to the schools directly rather than the players. I don't think there are big deals as the school doesn't provide the opportunities since they're afraid to lose money.

Just making assumptions, are boosters opposed to giving less money to the school and more to players if it helps improve the product? At a bare minimum we have Weistman.
Adam just bought a $23.5 million penthouse. We can have the recruits hang out there with some hookers. That’s how you reel in a great class.

What does this even mean? The school just signed an agreement with NIL company called brandr and school has its own nil program called accelerate.

People just saying stuff on here once again.

Really? Who’s just saying stuff? I know what Brandr is, maybe you don’t? And accelerate isn’t what brandr is. I think you’re confused.

Really? Who’s just saying stuff? I know what Brandr is, maybe you don’t? And accelerate isn’t what brandr is. I think you’re confused.

So nil can’t be used by schools but these programs exist?

What exactly do the rules say that a school cant do?

So nil can’t be used by schools but these programs exist?

What exactly do the rules say that a school cant do?

Schools can’t provide players with nil money. SUs accelerate program has nothing to do with giving players NIL money. In short it’s the program to provide education and resources on how to grow your brand and how to go about legally getting NIL deals. Brandr is a marketing company that helps players connect with businesses, boosters etc on NIL deals.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom