NIL | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

NIL

I have to think they had stuff like that ready to go for the moment the NIL ink dried. Forward thinking and nice job by AD/JB and SU. It's a great idea to start showcasing the potential and types of endorsements and likeness deals that are possible in the upstate market.

Can they play in the NBA in the offseason is the bigger question? Imagine the bird rule comes back and players are drafted and allowed to play in college and can join post march madness for the playoff run.

I suspect this may be helpful to the NBA if they can just store the players in college while they mature, make some scratch, learn some skills, and then come when ready
That’s not NIL

SU has told the athletes that they would most likely be able too but they have to get permission just to cover all the bases. I doubt SU would say ok to some players like buddy and then tell others no. That would cause issues.
It’s about licensing. The company that uses the mark and is paying the student athlete for NIL must pay the licensing fee through the University for the usage.

Win win for the players trunk and the guys. Jumping right out and hopefully they sell well. Now can point recruits to having something setup for them to sell their brand/gear.

Also the licensing deal is big because the affiliation is what is going to bring in more revenue.

That is just a Louisville thing.
834D33F6-093E-4E0F-BF38-E93A735169FB.jpeg

Apparently Hield has never actually trademarked the saying so he probably has zero leg to stand on.
That’s not a correct statement of trademark law. If the Hield “Buddy Buckets” mark has been used in commerce first, it prevails over Boeheim’s later use if there is a likelihood of confusion between the two uses. Doesn’t matter who registers the trademark first.

Buddy has been busy...

Indeed he has. I am completely sure this has nothing to do with him being all in helping with recruiting...

Hey Flip- here is the portfolio of opportunities some of our student athletes already take advantage we can help you learn more about and get started to take advantage of the NIL.

Indeed he has. I am completely sure this has nothing to do with him being all in helping with recruiting...

Hey Flip- here is the portfolio of opportunities some of our student athletes already take advantage we can help you learn more about and get started to take advantage of the NIL.

I mean if SU doesn’t have a marketing for athletes class shortly we aren’t doing this right.

even normal students can get in there and team up w their classmates to get endorsement deals for them.

I mean if SU doesn’t have a marketing for athletes class shortly we aren’t doing this right.

even normal students can get in there and team up w their classmates to get endorsement deals for them.

They have a whole program as was announced. That said having guys with experience with it and knowing all the options is a very good thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom