NIL | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

NIL

Syracuse basketball players are going to make bank. They are the local pro team. NIL gives us a huge leg up on other northeast programs that have to share their market with pro teams.

wanna go to BC? Good luck getting the local car dealership gig. Syracuse? Each player gets their own.

it’s literally built for big programs in mid sized cities.

Don't forget the hometown heroes. Imagine how much Gerry could have made in Scranton in his time at SU?

This is wonderful for the athletes. Most of them are at their peak fame at a school like SU.

we don’t have a small fan base
What will be interesting is basketball vs football players. Top 50 recruits vs top 150 players. How are most fan bases going to react to get a kid to Big State U? I don't think Cuse's fan base is as big as a large land grant university but the passion of the top fans might be equal. The school will need the rich alumni to step up as it won't be able to keep hitting the pockets of the CNY middle class season ticket holders.

The player will not be able to appear in SU branded gear during any commercial I assume? Or pay the school for using the likeness during the ad?

Direct fan compensation to the players. Specifically if a player sets up a social media site that allows fans to pay them for any digital content. It could be something as simple as a personal greeting or a signed clip of them in action or access to a daily blog. Virtually anything. In that case it isnt about endorsement deals its about clicks or about direct payments. Look how powerful our group was in getting our recruit rated the top player in PA. Well imagine if a kid from any school asked the fans to pay $1.00 for something. Now imagine the power of that with large fan bases. That is my concern. Not so much the pizza or car deal.

Acorns style round up... Any purchase you make can have the change go toward eventually having Chance Westry say your name in his daily Twitter feed!

Average daily winners spend $500 to get their name next to the star player!

This will help athletes once they decide to come here.
It won’t help us recruit kids to come and play here.

Completely wrong. The next recruit to sit with Autry or McNamara... "In the first year of allowed payments, Benny Williams put $1.1 million on his tax return! And he wasn't even a McDonald's All American! Come here and we think you can do $1.5 million easily. And you get a free education at Syracuse and play in front of 33k fans."

Here is all you need to know. Boosters yes BOOSTERS are allowed to enter into direct NIL deals with any athlete for ANY reason other than signing with the school and or athletic performance.

So A BOOSTER can tell a kid i will pay you 1m a year to show up at my house for a private party and simply meet people. Kid doesnt even have to sign autographs just appear. Do you think that Texas oil money might just be in position to buy entire starting 5s in basketball. I wonder what is going to happen with Microsoft money in Washington. Basically the big will get bigger. The small schools that have crazy followings and lots of money Think Loyola of Chicago money from traders, Think North Dakota State money from Agriculture and Oil are going to have an advantage over Central NY money? We have proven as Bees likes to point out that facilities are paid for by Donors not schools Donors are boosters and now boosters can pay players directly. Bottom line is that many schools especially in basketball that have not been on the radar are suddenly going to be very good. Pstate will for sure become a bball power if they want. Same with other schools. Heck Buffalo will be in better position if they work it correctly than SU. Going forward its not going to be about the weight room or the a video screen on your locker its going to be about cash in your pocket. This will be a mess and i dont think we are in great position as we dont have the best donor base. Hopefully that changes and some of the alum step up that can. Maybe JW can pull some strings with the media guys. Lets hope as we dont have any software or Oil money on the team.

Here is all you need to know. Boosters yes BOOSTERS are allowed to enter into direct NIL deals with any athlete for ANY reason other than signing with the school and or athletic performance.

So A BOOSTER can tell a kid i will pay you 1m a year to show up at my house for a private party and simply meet people. Kid doesnt even have to sign autographs just appear. Do you think that Texas oil money might just be in position to buy entire starting 5s in basketball. I wonder what is going to happen with Microsoft money in Washington. Basically the big will get bigger. The small schools that have crazy followings and lots of money Think Loyola of Chicago money from traders, Think North Dakota State money from Agriculture and Oil are going to have an advantage over Central NY money? We have proven as Bees likes to point out that facilities are paid for by Donors not schools Donors are boosters and now boosters can pay players directly. Bottom line is that many schools especially in basketball that have not been on the radar are suddenly going to be very good. Pstate will for sure become a bball power if they want. Same with other schools. Heck Buffalo will be in better position if they work it correctly than SU. Going forward its not going to be about the weight room or the a video screen on your locker its going to be about cash in your pocket. This will be a mess and i dont think we are in great position as we dont have the best donor base. Hopefully that changes and some of the alum step up that can. Maybe JW can pull some strings with the media guys. Lets hope as we dont have any software or Oil money on the team.
Lol give it a rest.

I think before the end of my life, this will be the end of college athletics for most colleges. I am not saying the kids shouldn't get theirs, but I think it will drive a lot of schools, a lot of schools, out of the game.
I think, and I know this isn't popular, that will be a good outcome.

Let schools focus on being institutions of higher learning. They can still have sports. They just don't need to be a massive entertainment industry.

Let schools focus on being institutions of higher learning. They can still have sports. They just don't need to be a massive entertainment industry.
Well, at the end of the day, I disagree. I think this will end college sports. Not tomorrow. Money changes everything. And almost never, for the good.

these people in this thread that are complaining don’t care.
all they know is “is this bad for my sports watching...if so, then bad” or “does this mean Syracuse is not gonna be good...if so, then bad”

the idea college sports is fair has been gone for...well, really forever...

these people in this thread that are complaining don’t care.
all they know is “is this bad for my sports watching...if so, then bad” or “does this mean Syracuse is not gonna be good...if so, then bad”

the idea college sports is fair has been gone for...well, really forever...
I hope that wasn't aimed at me. I certainly don't want this to be the end of college sports and have nothing against kids getting money. But there is nothing that money doesn't corrupt or change. I don't think college athletes getting money will be different. If you asked me should these guys be able to make money? Of course. Next question, will it ruin college sports? Sadly, I think, yes. And before you answer, remember this, neither of us knows for sure how this will all turn out at this point. So, be careful where you point a finger.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom