NIL | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

NIL

The Syracuse minimum... personalized t shirt from the Players Trunk and personalized slides from iSlide lol.

So you can’t answer the questions either.

So you can’t answer the questions either.
To be fair, no one on the team gets actual NIL opportunities outside of Buddy. For a program that's the only thing in town and large connections with NYC, I would at least thought there would be more NIL opportunities for the guys. I'm pretty sure Cole Swider has the same NIL deals as Benny Williams with the t shirt and the slides... maybe one more in Cameo.

You look at other basketball programs and the amount of NIL deals their athletes get, it's easy to see what tier Syracuse is in.

To be fair, no one on the team gets actual NIL opportunities outside of Buddy. For a program that's the only thing in town and large connections with NYC, I would at least thought there would be more NIL opportunities for the guys. I'm pretty sure Cole Swider has the same NIL deals as Benny Williams with the t shirt and the slides... maybe one more in Cameo.

You look at other basketball programs and the amount of NIL deals their athletes get, it's easy to see what tier Syracuse is in.
Joe Girard has t shirts etc. He also has an Nil deal that was announced in December. TROPHECASE SIGNS JOSEPH GIRARD III TO NIL DEAL

Sounds like these 2 sure had a number of offers. Buddy Boeheim, Joe Girard on new NIL era: Time commitment, brokering deals, locker room reaction

These are just from basic quick googling. However there isn’t a rule either that NIL deals must be made public, players only need to report NIL deals to their compliance departments.

For one, the big NIL deals are few and far between. Second, none of the NIL deals come from the schools. It’s up to businesses for the most part. Three, in an interview last week Wildhack mentioned many athletes have deals. Fourth, our best lax recruit has a very strong NIL deal. He’s just not in one of the two major sports. If SU is in such bad shape then where’s the news of all the deals with other ACC athletes? That article two3 replied on with the Clarkson kid…..he doesn’t have any deal yet. He just sees opportunities in a city like Louisville. SU is pretty much doing what they legally can as a school. Education, bringing in marketing firms, etc. But they themselves can’t pay the kids.

For one, the big NIL deals are few and far between. Second, none of the NIL deals come from the schools. It’s up to businesses for the most part. Three, in an interview last week Wildhack mentioned many athletes have deals. Fourth, our best lax recruit has a very strong NIL deal. He’s just not in one of the two major sports. If SU is in such bad shape then where’s the news of all the deals with other ACC athletes? That article two3 replied on with the Clarkson kid…..he doesn’t have any deal yet. He just sees opportunities in a city like Louisville. SU is pretty much doing what they legally can as a school. Education, bringing in marketing firms, etc. But they themselves can’t pay the kids.
You had asked what business would want Benny Williams from a NIL deal perspective. My point was outside of Buddy, no one on the basketball team has any real differentiation in "NIL value".

I can't comment on other sports, as I don't follow them, but my point was solely from a basketball perspective. I think the only "legal" rule of the NIL would be the schools can't directly pay the kids and you're not suppose to use the NIL as a recruiting tactic (which most already kids see NIL as recruiting opportunities). Since the NIL is so new, there are a lot of grey areas. However, even with the resources and connections (ex: Weisman), I understand why Syracuse would rather not play in those areas.

You had asked what business would want Benny Williams from a NIL deal perspective. My point was outside of Buddy, no one on the basketball team has any real differentiation in "NIL value".

I can't comment on other sports, as I don't follow them, but my point was solely from a basketball perspective. I think the only "legal" rule of the NIL would be the schools can't directly pay the kids and you're not suppose to use the NIL as a recruiting tactic (which most already kids see NIL as recruiting opportunities). Since the NIL is so new, there are a lot of grey areas. However, even with the resources and connections (ex: Weisman), I understand why Syracuse would rather not play in those areas.

I didn’t ask what businesses would want Benny. I think you’re getting posts confused. And SU doesn’t have to play in any area. What they do is legal. It’s now up to the players and businesses. Yet some want to mock SU but can’t name all those players getting huge deals. They act like schools are paying kids, which if they are it’s still illegal.

Any school with a 13-12 record is going to struggle to generate celebrity hype. It’s not some indictment of this program.

I was not aware that this was a thing.

Never knew this either. They have been allowed to give stipends to athletes but I never heard of bonus payments. Interesting.

Not surprised to see Kentucky, North Carolina, and a lot of the SEC on that list.

Interesting. Wasn’t aware of that either.

Not surprised to see Kentucky, North Carolina, and a lot of the SEC on that list.
Does that money immediately get transferred to the tutors who do the assignments and take the tests?

Hated to see Uconn and Washington on that list. Hard to compete against them for hoop recruits with the added 6k. SU has to get with the program. What are they waiting for?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom