NIL | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

NIL

my opinion is either take the full scholarship ride or opt to pay your way and make your own dough in endorsements and social media. shouldn't get both. very few athletes will benefit from this decision.

Buddy saying, "I don't need ur money now coach!"
Screenshot_20210701-161703_Instagram.jpg

my opinion is either take the full scholarship ride or opt to pay your way and make your own dough in endorsements and social media. shouldn't get both. very few athletes will benefit from this decision.
Who would you like to enforce this?

If I’m a player I go “I’ll be going to the school who gives me both, thanks”

Why can regular students on academic scholarships get paid while in school and people want kids on athletic scholarshipS treated differently.

College sports aren’t amateur sports. Coaches shouldn’t be making generational wealth if they are amateur sports.

Lol. Nobody can enforce sht now at the NCAA. They blew it. Time for the fans to get on board.

one year cost at syracuse is 75 K. that sound free ? not to me.

It feels cheap that college athletes are on cameo. That was a website made for the Wiggles, former heavy metal singers, and other B listers.

However, if that's how they want to make money more power to them. I think Buddy should be able to land better local endorsements with his dad and brother than this.

Why can regular students on academic scholarships get paid while in school and people want kids on athletic scholarshipS treated differently.

College sports aren’t amateur sports. Coaches shouldn’t be making generational wealth if they are amateur sports.

BECAUSE AMATEURISM!

It feels cheap that college athletes are on cameo. That was a website made for the Wiggles, former heavy metal singers, and other B listers.

However, if that's how they want to make money more power to them. I think Buddy should be able to land better local endorsements with his dad and brother than this.
1) It's not an either/or situation. 2) Your cameo take makes you sound old and out of touch.

Boosters wasted money for years under the table
If you think this changes anything at all for boosters who are willing to pay players, you are being very naive. This is actually the best thing to happen to these boosters because it gives them better cover for when a player at their school is driving a $100k car. It will lower suspicions on any player living above their "perceived" means because the plausible answer will always be funds attained through NIL. If anything I think this will really embolden booster activity because there is going to be new grey area for them to work in, in addition to the under-the-table area they already work in.

1) It's not an either/or situation. 2) Your cameo take makes you sound old and out of touch.

sure. I don’t even disagree. I just think boeheim can look bigger. I’m actually hoping he gets larger paydays

sure. I don’t even disagree. I just think boeheim can look bigger. I’m actually hoping he gets larger paydays
The answer will be a little bit of both.

I get what your saying and I'm sure he will...but cameo is so easy/accessible for them to make money while sitting in their dorm room. Nothing cheap or B list about it. Its just one avenue they will use to make some easy cheddar.

If you think this changes anything at all for boosters who are willing to pay players, you are being very naive. This is actually the best thing to happen to these boosters because it gives them better cover for when a player at their school is driving a $100k car. It will lower suspicions on any player living above their "perceived" means because the plausible answer will always be funds attained through NIL. If anything I think this will really embolden booster activity because there is going to be new grey area for them to work in, in addition to the under-the-table area they already work in.
I didn’t say anything about it changing things.

I get what your saying and I'm sure he will...but cameo is so easy/accessible for them to make money while sitting in their dorm room. Nothing cheap or B list about it. Its just one avenue they will use to make some easy cheddar.
I've thought about setting ol' OiG up on Cameo. The content I give all of our board members is GOLD. I could get paid for this, ya ungrateful degenerates. But instead I give of myself freely, for all of you.

Boosters can actually get something out of the deal now. No more paying under the table, they can get tax write offs, advertising etc. win win

This may be a dumb question, but are HS stars affected as well. Seems like if it's OK for the NCAA, it shouldn't matter if HS folks do it, too?

This may be a dumb question, but are HS stars affected as well. Seems like if it's OK for the NCAA, it shouldn't matter if HS folks do it, too?

Same thing I was wondering.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom