No College Football On Spectrum/ESPN | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

No College Football On Spectrum/ESPN

Spectrum is planning to drop 22 channels, including Corncob TV. They're saying by the end of 2023, Corncob TV won't be available on your cable menu.

That means you won't be able to see some of your favorite Corncob TV shows, including Coffin Flop. They're saying they want to drop Corncob TV because we showed over 400 naked dead bodies on our show Coffin Flop. If you love Corncob TV shows, it's time to tell Spectrum, "No." They're saying, "Coffin Flop's not a show." "It's just hours and hours of footage of real people falling out of coffins at funerals."

There's no explanation. Just body after body busting out of sh¡t wood and hitting pavement.

They're saying, "It's impossible that that many dead bodies are falling out of coffins every day." "And it's impossible that one out of every five of them are nude." I don't know what to tell you, bud. We're just shooting funerals and showing the ones where the bodies fly out.

They're saying, "No way. You must've rigged something." I didn't do fսck¡ng sh¡t. I didn't rig sh¡t! I've been waiting a long time for a hit on Corncob TV. I didn't fսck¡ng do this!

They say we don't have the family's permission. I say we don't need it. We're allowed to show 'em nude because they ain't got no soul. The guys at Spectrum think I'm just some dumb hick. They said that to me at a dinner. Call Spectrum and say, "I'm not worried about it!" "I'm not worried about any of this. There's worse sh¡t on the local news." This world's fսck¡ng so fսckеd up. And people are mad at me because I showed a bunch of naked dead bodies with their spread blue butts flying out of boxes? Really? I'm done. Do what you want. Pull the plug. I'll kill you.

Last edited:
Spectrum is planning to drop 22 channels, including Corncob TV. They're saying by the end of 2023, Corncob TV won't be available on your cable menu.

That means you won't be able to see some of your favorite Corncob TV shows, including Coffin Flop. They're saying they want to drop Corncob TV because we showed over 400 naked dead bodies on our show Coffin Flop. If you love Corncob TV shows, it's time to tell Spectrum, "No." They're saying, "Coffin Flop's not a show." "It's just hours and hours of footage of real people falling out of coffins at funerals."

There's no explanation. Just body after body busting out of sh¡t wood and hitting pavement.

They're saying, "It's impossible that that many dead bodies are falling out of coffins every day." "And it's impossible that one out of every five of them are nude." I don't know what to tell you, bud. We're just shooting funerals and showing the ones where the bodies fly out.

They're saying, "No way. You must've rigged something." I didn't do fսck¡ng sh¡t. I didn't rig sh¡t! I've been waiting a long time for a hit on Corncob TV. I didn't fսck¡ng do this!

They say we don't have the family's permission. I say we don't need it. We're allowed to show 'em nude because they ain't got no soul. The guys at Spectrum think I'm just some dumb hick. They said that to me at a dinner. Call Spectrum and say, "I'm not worried about it!" "I'm not worried about any of this. There's worse sh¡t on the local news." This world's fսck¡ng so fսckеd up. And people are mad at me because I showed a bunch of naked dead bodies with their spread blue butts flying out of boxes? Really? I'm done. Do what you want. Pull the plug. I'll kill you.

How am I gonna watch "Real Housewives with Corncobs" now?

Got to protect CEO and shareholder profits at Spectrum giving ESPN a few pennies more per carrier surely would have cut into that.

So do we get some kind of credit for not getting the content we’re already paying for? My bill says I get all these channels but a black screen is not content.

Nope.

Because spectrum will say it wasn’t their decision to pull the channels

If you ask Disney for a refund, they’ll say they didn’t get paid for the content and to contact spectrum

Both these companies make out just fine and it only hurts the consumer

Nope.

Because spectrum will say it wasn’t their decision to pull the channels

If you ask Disney for a refund, they’ll say they didn’t get paid for the content and to contact spectrum

Both these companies make out just fine and it only hurts the consumer

Smells like class action lawsuit

Got to protect CEO and shareholder profits at Spectrum giving ESPN a few pennies more per carrier surely would have cut into that.

A few Pennie’s? Where did you see that? I don’t know how far apart they are but I’m sure it’s not Pennie’s. What if the Disney ask is ridiculous? We don’t know.

the issue is more than just cost.. Spectrum wants to play games on tiers as well and Disney wants to keep some of the channels on all the tiers..

but says its a change of 25 cents. when going across its customer base thats like 100 million extra to disney.

Do you get 3,5,8,9 and YES with YouTube tv? If not, why do people think that’s a good alternative to spectrum?

If the answer is yes, I’m moving to YouTube

Tonight was an unnacceptable douche power play

Everything but YES (and SNY) but this season might not be a bad one to not be able to watch (legally)

Also YTTV and Disney had contract negotiations I want to say around this time last year or the year before... was resolved in 2 days maybe

No carrier is perfect -- YTTV is great though

Only thing I hate about YTTV is no MLB network and no NHL network.

Three week YTTV free trial so Spectrum has that long to figure it out

What is the trick to streaming Watch ESPN or ESPN+ if I have Spectrum? It knows my TV provider is Spectrum and does not let me access anything or even sign out of my provider account.
If you have or sign up for ESPN+ you should have access to it regardless of Spectrum. You have to create a separate ESPN+ account & there's a separate login for that on both the ESPN app on a mobile device as well as the ESPN app on a Smart TV or TV streaming device, like Roku or Amazon Fire. It's called the "ESPN Account" & has nothing to do with the "TV Provider" information. Good luck.

If you have or sign up for ESPN+ you should have access to it regardless of Spectrum. You have to create a separate ESPN+ account & there's a separate login for that on both the ESPN app on a mobile device as well as the ESPN app on a Smart TV or TV streaming device, like Roku or Amazon Fire. It's called the "ESPN Account" & has nothing to do with the "TV Provider" information. Good luck.
Figured it out, thanks. Just had to subscribe separately on my laptop instead of my 9 year old iPhone 6s with VERY outdated iOS that will no longer accept upgrades.

HDMI to the TV and I’ll be all set for Colgate. LGO

Holy crapp. Looks like you do get local network tv. So if I switch and just buy YES Streaming separate I’m golden
I've had YouTubeTV for years. I was pretty angry when they pulled YES and the MLB Network off it, but the Yankees stink and I'm moving away from baseball a bit. Everything else is great. ACC Network, SEC Network, Big10 Network, CBS Sports Network, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU... Overall, it's excellent. Unlimited DVR, too.

Figured it out, thanks. Just had to subscribe separately on my laptop instead of my 9 year old iPhone 6s with VERY outdated iOS that will no longer accept upgrades.

HDMI to the TV and I’ll be all set for Colgate. LGO
Terrific. I've been emailing with a reporter with Syracuse.com that he has to tell Spectrum readers they're not going to be able to watch the game on ACCNX. His article earlier this morning said otherwise. There's going to be a collective scream in Syracuse at 4pm tomorrow when people discover they can't watch the game.

I side with Spectrum on this. I’d love to see them permanently exclude Disney channels, as they are threatening. Unlikely from a PR perspective though.

Disney wants a long term deal at increased rates from prior deals. However, they’ve already stated they are soon going to offer ESPN DTC. Essentially, they’ll be “double dipping”, mostly off of people who don’t GAF about the WWL.

ESPN is now down to 70 million homes, 15 million of which are Spectrum. If Spectrum balks, maybe half go to another competitor like Fios or YTTV. Now they’d be in the low 60 million realm.

I've had YouTubeTV for years. I was pretty angry when they pulled YES and the MLB Network off it, but the Yankees stink and I'm moving away from baseball a bit. Everything else is great. ACC Network, SEC Network, Big10 Network, CBS Sports Network, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU... Overall, it's excellent. Unlimited DVR, too.
Especially the unlimited DVR! That's why I got it. In addition to all the channels. It'll be a few years before the Yankees are worth watching again. #FireHal.

A few Pennie’s? Where did you see that? I don’t know how far apart they are but I’m sure it’s not Pennie’s. What if the Disney ask is ridiculous? We don’t know.
I've read a bunch of articles on this today.

General consensus is that this is a watershed moment for the industry and not just the one or two day nuisance we've been used to.

Charter may just be the tip of the iceberg. We'll see.

For those of you with smart tv’s or roku’s, etc. Most of you know this but reading some posts it seems this might be helpful. ESPN + has an app, so you don’t need to connect your phone or iPad to your tv which can sometimes kill the quality. Just watch the game on the app on your smart tv, Roku, Amazon stick etc.

I side with Spectrum on this. I’d love to see them permanently exclude Disney channels, as they are threatening. Unlikely from a PR perspective though.

Disney wants a long term deal at increased rates from prior deals. However, they’ve already stated they are soon going to offer ESPN DTC. Essentially, they’ll be “double dipping”, mostly off of people who don’t GAF about the WWL.

ESPN is now down to 70 million homes, 15 million of which are Spectrum. If Spectrum balks, maybe half go to another competitor like Fios or YTTV. Now they’d be in the low 60 million realm.
Apparently the dispute is not about the rates but that Spectrum wants to include Disney streaming services at no cost to its subscribers. That's because Spectrum probably believes everything in the future will only be streaming and only care about providing internet services. Disney says no; they are two separate services. I think eventually Spectrum caves.