Nobody going to mention what was just said | Syracusefan.com

Nobody going to mention what was just said

BRNCUSEFRVCUSE

Owns B-Reese
During the USCB Long Beach st halftime. By you know who

And I know Marsh will tell me that i have to have thicker skin, but really there comes a time when it just eats at you and i cant take it anymore

Everybody and thier mother including all the dudes like Joe Lunardi , Have said Cuse and Uk are the two locks for #1 seeds. Yet Gottlieb says that i would consider taking Cuse of the 1 line in favor of Mich st/ Ohio st winner or take Both Mizzou and or Kansas along with Unc and Uk. Said forget about our overall record because the teams we beat in the BE play we didnt play marq or gtown on the road. Does he realize what an idoit he sound like on live tv

How the hell do we control that, we dont make our confrence schedule. Over the last week it has gotten worse from gottlieb and i have kept my mouth shut and had other ppl make threads about him

But it really pisses me off

He is obviously wrong, but ESPN loves this !!!

they want that loose cannon who will buck the conventional wisdom, because it draws people like us out of the woodwork, & this creates buzz...

Hes just being stupid now.

One of our two losses came with little to no preparation time without Fab Melo.
The other came in a meaningless game a week before our first March madness game where we didn't let it all hang out.

Guy will do anything for ratings.
he belongs on this...

lol. I saw that. At this point he is just trying to rile SU fans up. By tomorrow he'll have us playing in Dayton.

And I know Marsh will tell me that i have to have thicker skin, but really there comes a time when it just eats at you and i cant take it anymore

Everybody and thier mother including all the dudes like Joe Lunardi , Have said Cuse and Uk are the two locks for #1 seeds. Yet Gottlieb says that i would consider taking Cuse of the 1 line in favor of Mich st/ Ohio st winner or take Both Mizzou and or Kansas along with Unc and Uk. Said forget about our overall record because the teams we beat in the BE play we didnt play marq or gtown on the road. Does he realize what an idoit he sound like on live tv

How the hell do we control that, we dont make our confrence schedule. Over the last week it has gotten worse from gottlieb and i have kept my mouth shut and had other ppl make threads about him

Yes you do need thicker skin.

Secondly, as I have screamed from the hilltops for months...

HE IS NOT ON THE SELECTION COMMITTEE

Who gives a crap what he thinks? So he hates Syracuse. BFD. Do you think the committee is all now rethinking their decision to give us a 1 seed in the east based on what he says? "I know we are unanimous on Syracuse getting the 1 seed in the East but Doug brings up a good point"

Yawn.

The best part is you try to confront him on twitter like me and a couple of friends did after he said something stupid he either doesnt respond or he blocks you. And then he says about twitter that the ppl on twitter would never say something to you in public.

Question for all of you, I dont know what i would do cause im kinda imature i admit it but

What would you say to gottlieb if you saw him in public ?

Yes you do need thicker skin.

Secondly, as I have screamed from the hilltops for months...

HE IS NOT ON THE SELECTION COMMITTEE

Who gives a crap what he thinks? So he hates Syracuse. BFD. Do you think the committee is all now rethinking their decision to give us a 1 seed in the east based on what he says? "I know we are unanimous on Syracuse getting the 1 seed in the East but Doug brings up a good point"

Yawn.

i wish i could be like you and not have things bother me, when somebody says something negative about the teams i root for.

The best part is you try to confront him on twitter like me and a couple of friends did after he said something stupid he either doesnt respond or he blocks you. And then he says about twitter that the ppl on twitter would never say something to you in public.

Question for all of you, I dont know what i would do cause im kinda imature i admit it but

Why would you try to say something to him on twitter? What good will that do? Like that is going to make a difference.
He wants you to shoot arrows back at him. If noone paid attention to him he would wilt and go away. Yet fans, mostly insecure Syracuse fans, keep the arrows flying. It really is maddening.

I woke up a day or two ago reading all drug posts will be moved to another board and thought it said all doug posts.
Anyone else do the same??

Moderators can you make that happen Gottlieb posts moved to another board with a flashy thumbnail?

i wish i could be like you and not have things bother me, when somebody says something negative about the teams i root for.

I didnt say it doesnt bother me when people bad mouth my favorite teams but you have to look at the source of who is doing it.

Who gives a crap what he thinks? So he hates Syracuse. BFD. Do you think the committee is all now rethinking their decision to give us a 1 seed in the east based on what he says? "I know we are unanimous on Syracuse getting the 1 seed in the East but Doug brings up a good point".

It's been my experience that if you say something (anything) loud enough and long enough, other people believe it. But you are right that it won't affect our #1 seed.

It's been my experience that if you say something (anything) loud enough and long enough, other people believe it. But you are right that it won't affect our #1 seed.

Hell no. Which is why his comments mean nothing.

There isn't even a point to explain why Doug is just being a moron now. If he really thinks this then ESPN is the bigger idiot for even allowing this guy to speak.

I would tell him he is flat out WRONG !!!

I have no problem expressing my opinion to ANYONE, including the President of the United States. I can be respectful while refuting my opponent's opinions, it's called, good debate...

His pet peeve is basically we didn't play a "great team" out of conference. And we didn't. When it's all said and done, we will have played zero games against Top 2 seeded teams (since other than us, the BE won't have another) and four games against Top 4 seed teams (3 of which were at home).

So there really isn't anything to argue with him on that point since he's using that one and only criteria to say the things he is saying. He's entitled to his opinion. He actually gets paid to have one.

Cheers,
Neil

It would be priceless to watch Gottlieb do a post-game analysis of an SU 2012 national championship victory. It would be like Keith Olbermann doing the same after GWB's win in 2004.

His pet peeve is basically we didn't play a "great team" out of conference. And we didn't. When it's all said and done, we will have played zero games against Top 2 seeded teams (since other than us, the BE won't have another) and four games against Top 4 seed teams (3 of which were at home).

So there really isn't anything to argue with him on that point since he's using that one and only criteria to say the things he is saying. He's entitled to his opinion. He actually gets paid to have one.

Cheers,
Neil

Here's my question about those other top 2 seed teams.

Do you think a team like Duke or Michigan State would be a top 2 seed if they were in the Big East?

My contention is, Teams like Georgetown, Marquette, & Cincy would be a #2 seed if they were in the ACC or SEC. From top to bottom, the Big East is the most Brutal Conference, & all the teams beat each other bloody. The B.E. also has its share of 3 & 4 seed caliber teams like Louisville & Notre Dame.

In light of this contention, I believe Syracuse HAS played their share of #2 seed caliber teams, AND those teams know how to play against Syracuse & their zone, which makes it even tougher to beat them.

Here's my question about those other top 2 seed teams.

Do you think a team like Duke or Michigan State would be a top 2 seed if they were in the Big East?

My contention is, Teams like Georgetown, Marquette, & Cincy would be a #2 seed if they were in the ACC or SEC. From top to bottom, the Big East is the most Brutal Conference, & all the teams beat each other bloody. The B.E. also has its share of 3 & 4 seed caliber teams like Louisville & Notre Dame.

In light of this contention, I believe Syracuse HAS played their share of #2 seed caliber teams, AND those teams know how to play against Syracuse & their zone, which makes it even tougher to beat them.

This year, yes. I think both Michigan State and Duke would have finished the league higher than any other BE team but us.

Cheers,
Neil

I'm quoting someone:

HE IS NOT THE SELECTION COMMITTEE!

#1 seed: earned.

Period. Full stop.

44cuse

This year, yes. I think both Michigan State and Duke would have finished the league higher than any other BE team but us.

Cheers,
Neil

You may be right, but it is tough to separate those two teams from the upper echelon of the Big East this season. It's an insult to question the schedule of a team from the annually top major conference, that won 30 games in a season. Syracuse won more games than those teams, & their difference in schedules in negligible. If those teams had won 30 games in the regular season, they would be competing for a #1 seed. Since they haven't Syracuse deserves the spot.

You may be right, but it is tough to separate those two teams from the upper echelon of the Big East this season. It's an insult to question the schedule of a team from the annually top major conference, that won 30 games in a season. Syracuse won more games than those teams, & their difference in schedules in negligible. If those teams had won 30 games in the regular season, they would be competing for a #1 seed. Since they haven't Syracuse deserves the spot.

But in Gottlieb's mind, the difference in RPI Top 25 teams played is not negligible. MSU played 13 of them. True, they were only 8-5 against them, but we played (and won) only 4 of them (less than a third what the Spartans did). He's thinking if we had played 13 such games, our record might be a lot less gaudy.

Again, I'm not saying I agree with him. But he's entitled to his opinion and it isn't entirely off the wall when you think about it logically.

Cheers,
Neil

I'd rather remember what Jay Bilas said toward the end of the game when it was obvious we were gonna lose, and he was asked if this affected SU as a #1 seed. Who do you put in front of us that has 4, 5, or 6 loses?

Does ESPN ever have Bilas and Gottlieb in the studio at the same time? It'd be entertaining watching him call out Gottlieb on his sensationalism.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom