Nobody going to mention what was just said | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Nobody going to mention what was just said

Please just ignore DG because moaning and groaning about every comment he makes about Cuse just casts our fanbase in a negative whiney light.

During the USCB Long Beach st halftime. By you know who

And I know Marsh will tell me that i have to have thicker skin, but really there comes a time when it just eats at you and i cant take it anymore

Everybody and thier mother including all the dudes like Joe Lunardi , Have said Cuse and Uk are the two locks for #1 seeds. Yet Gottlieb says that i would consider taking Cuse of the 1 line in favor of Mich st/ Ohio st winner or take Both Mizzou and or Kansas along with Unc and Uk. Said forget about our overall record because the teams we beat in the BE play we didnt play marq or gtown on the road. Does he realize what an idoit he sound like on live tv

How the hell do we control that, we dont make our confrence schedule. Over the last week it has gotten worse from gottlieb and i have kept my mouth shut and had other ppl make threads about him

But it really pisses me off

Hell hath no fury like an athlete, a Cuse legacy at that, spurned by JB. Dougie has a chip on his shoulder the size of a cow pie because he wasn't offered a hoops scholarship to Syracuse. Everything that has come out of his mouth about since then has been a projection of that rejection. Basically, the ghosts are coming out of Dougie's closet and he's putting JB's and Cuse's name on them.

Doug was a piss poor whiny player who would have rode the pine his entire time on the hill. At this point he is a bitter piss poor whiny announcer who sucks at his job and has at best one or two more years on air before he ends up reporting basketball games for the Huffington post. He comes across like the complete ass that he is and acts day in and day out like a spurned lover. Did Bernie recruit him?

It's almost as if Doug is on a mission. As is often the case his mission will fail.

Doug was a piss poor whiny player who would have rode the pine his entire time on the hill. At this point he is a bitter piss poor whiny announcer who sucks at his job and has at best one or two more years on air before he ends up reporting basketball games for the Huffington post. He comes across like the complete ass that he is and acts day in and day out like a spurned lover. Did Bernie recruit him?
At this point I really cant defend him anymore. I think hes smart and knows basketball. Hes able to speak without tripping over his words and presents articulate arguments. That being said, he sounds like a whiny ex-gf who we broke up with and just runs around talking to anyone who will listen. I thought his "weakest 1 seed" argument was annoying, but when we lost to Cinci, I said ok I get it, ill let him get his digs in now, but to take it even further and suggest we shouldnt be a 1 seed based on one piece of selective criteria that he and only he deems to be important is ridiculous. Can you pull a vocal cord doing P90x? Something needs to shut him up, lets hope its our play in the tourney.

There are time where I can see his point even if I might disagree, but he's the one who is hurting is own credibility when says stuff about us not being a #1 seed. But doesn't affect jack squat one way or another.

Never going to solve this or convince Gottleib.

Pitino said his Louisville team is very good but not great -- and they convincingly beat the team that beat SU. The better teams in the Big East (Georgetown, Marquette, ND, SU) didn't make the BET finals and they didn't look great if you are the sort of fan who likes elegant offense. We have a lot of very good teams (add Cincy, USF to that list), but they beat each other up in tight, physical games. There aren't a lot of marquee names in the league.

Sure, we are 31-2, but not with convincing wins recently (of course, the other top teams are getting behind and winning ugly as well). We don't have "the guy".

Debate is going to be there at least through regional play.

I wonder if Doug would allow SU the privilege of being the 2 seed in the East or do we need to be shipped out West as well because Ohio State and Duke have better wins and have played better schedules. Doug is just letting his personal issues with the team cloud his judgment. To argue SU isn't a 1 seed is a joke ask Doug about Michigan State losing to Illinois and Northwestern that would be like Syracuse losing at UConn and Rutgers. However, just because he has made his mind up on us nothing will change his opinions. Its obvious the 1 seeds look like thing Kentucky...Syracuse/UNC...then 4th either Missouri/Kansas.

I wonder if Doug would allow SU the privilege of being the 2 seed in the East or do we need to be shipped out West as well because Ohio State and Duke have better wins and have played better schedules. Doug is just letting his personal issues with the team cloud his judgment. To argue SU isn't a 1 seed is a joke ask Doug about Michigan State losing to Illinois and Northwestern that would be like Syracuse losing at UConn and Rutgers. However, just because he has made his mind up on us nothing will change his opinions. Its obvious the 1 seeds look like thing Kentucky...Syracuse/UNC...then 4th either Missouri/Kansas.
And if UNC goes down today???

And if UNC goes down today???
If Henson doesnt play then it will just be because they didnt have Henson, just like how yesterday was an act of God that they won without the mighty Henson.

Shut the tv off. Go enjoy the day. Come back this evening and turn the NCAA selection show on and don't sweat this stuff. All rumors and opinions mean nothing at this time.

But in Gottlieb's mind, the difference in RPI Top 25 teams played is not negligible. MSU played 13 of them. True, they were only 8-5 against them, but we played (and won) only 4 of them (less than a third what the Spartans did). He's thinking if we had played 13 such games, our record might be a lot less gaudy.

That's a pretty amazing stat. 13 games vs the RPI top 25? Yikes.

I really do think the fact that our schedule hasn't had many elite teams is one of those dirty little secrets I'm trying to avoid acknowledging. Big East wasn't as good as it usually is, Florida wasn't quite as good as expected. It does give me a little pause.

Michigan State would definitely be a #2 or #1 in the BE; the B10 is better than the BE this year, IMO.

ESPN BPI ranks the top 4 lines like this I don't agree but here it is.
This is ridiculous as Georgetown beat Memphis twice and there is no Marquette or Michigan.
With that said this is how I see the brackets ending up except I see Kansas as the 1 with Ohio State as their 2.
Midwest- 1. Kentucky- 2. Missouri
East 1. Syracuse- 2. Duke
South 1. North Carolina- 2. Michigan State
West 1. Kansas- 2. Ohio State

SeedFirst rowSecondThirdFourth
1 KENTUCKY* Syracuse OHIO STATE* NORTH CAROLINA*
2 Michigan State Kansas Duke MISSOURI*
3 Wichita State MEMPHIS Baylor Wisconsin
4 SAINT LOUIS* LOUISVILLE* Indiana
Georgetown

Gottlieb = Limbaugh.
Does that make it easier for you to ignore him?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom