Not sure where to begin... | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Not sure where to begin...

I do think the NCAA sanctions really crippled the program and that the smart move at the time should have been to retire JB. It was never going to happen like that due to his stature and that the SU Admin was in disarray. But that should have been the end. Since the sanctions came out recruiting has steadily taken a nose-dive and talent evaluation has really struggled. The zone defense can be very effective with the right mix of players, but the focus on zone players over offense combined with the sanctions has just been brutal. It's time to stop putting short small forwards in the PG/CG position.

I hate to use YouCon as an example of anything done right, but Calhoun ripped off the band aid with the sanctions they were facing and retired. You cannot argue that they didnt benefit from that . Pathetic conference non withstanding Ollie was a good move and Calhoun knew the right time to step out. No victory laps no farewell tours. Its not quite the same as JB has been here soooooo long, but Calhoun wasnt exactly short on stature at storz either.. Those long term farewells dont work in college hoops because of player turnover and recruiting games. Having a lame duck outgoing coach ON TOP of sanctions sets us up for years of disarray rather than 1 or two. A case could be made that in college when its time to go, you just go.

Seriously, send them to Fort Drum and let the soldiers spell it out for them, or go play some paintball, run an obstacle course in a tough mudder team event, hold a boxing tournament so they can take out some aggression on each other. They just do not have each others backs and JB hasn't gotten through to them yet. This was supposed to be Frank and TRobs team, with AW and half pint shoring up team weaknesses. Instead it looks like a power struggle for BMOC during the games, and we haven't seen this level of dysfunction since the MeShaun days, sheesh.

a5e96e4ffc-teambuilding1-1.jpg

Haha. Fort Drum. These dudes would fold like a bunch of pussies up there real quick.

The worst thing about the St. Johns game was seeing the way the players totally quit. They folded. They got down about 18 in the second half and completely gave up. No one cared. No one hustled on defense, and on offense it was "gotta get mine" every possession.

Most disheartening SU performance I have seen in 30+ years of following this team.

Not every organization in the business world is run that way. Many privately owned companies are run by a family member who don't care what the employees think. This program seems as if it is becoming that type of organization and the employees are tired of it and aren't willing to put out much.

Unfortunately, the long term employees are checking out and the newbies don't understand what is expected of them. That's my take.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom