Notre Dame Game Day Thread | Page 59 | Syracusefan.com

Notre Dame Game Day Thread

That’s the first time I’ve seen Pierce today. He was held.
I think it’s pathetic, such a highly touted player, comes here and isn’t even used. I would put him in the slot and make those LB earn their scholarships every week.

Not a big deal but I think 7 would make a big difference. Kick an onside kick and maybe the ball bounces our for once and we get it. All of a sudden it just breathes a little life and hope into the game.

Frankly I think that ship had already sailed.

We just need to score.

Go for it...why? 29-7, 29-3...who cares. We were trying to not get shutout.

I believe in bunting to break up no hitters too.

The message kicking that FG sends to the team is, "I don't think you guys are good enough to get the TD here OR good enough to put together another drive to go for points."

Playing not to get shutout there sends the message that you fully expect them to fail to score points if you give them a chance. It does not improve confidence. Go down swinging.

So, looks like we're gonna finish 9-3 on the year. Anyone want to bitch about that?

I'm not sure, though I'm hopeful. I had them going 5-7, so I'm definitely not going to bitch about it regardless.

I think it’s pathetic, such a highly touted player, comes here and isn’t even used. I would put him in the slot and make those LB earn their scholarships every week.

I did think he’d be a big part of the passing game this year. Surprised it never happened. I think he had one game with a ton of catches last year. Beyond that, he’s been an occasional red zone threat or dump off guy.

Today’s team will not win at BC. Hoops and football left their offense in Syracuse. Pretty sad.

The message kicking that FG sends to the team is, "I don't think you guys are good enough to get the TD here OR good enough to put together another drive to go for points."

Playing not to get shutout there sends the message that you fully expect them to fail to score points if you give them a chance. It does not improve confidence. Go down swinging.

SMH, we’ve kicked like 30 field goals this year. What are you talking about?

Do we really gotta get all dramatic and psychological? He just wanted to put 3 on the board.

Big difference in receivers. Theirs catch everything, ours don’t even catch all of the perfectly thrown balls.

Uh, yeah, no.

Frankly I think that ship had already sailed.

We just need to score.

It probably did, but kicking the FG was conceding with 8 minutes left in the game. I you got the TD, your down 3 scores with 8 minutes, not impossible to come back from even if highly improbable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom