Nova-Mich ratings not so good | Syracusefan.com

Nova-Mich ratings not so good

The move from CBS definitely played a factor as did the Voice and American Idol I'm sure, as did most people not giving Michigan a shot, and as it did for me watching a season filled with controlling coaches, attention seeking refs and a level of play that is definitely less than it was....

That and the game started at 9:30 on a Monday night ...

The games always start after 9 ET.

Ratings from markets around Ann Arbor and Philadelphia were factored into the overall ratings. People did not care about the championship game.

The College Football Playoff was on ESPN in case you forgot.

In addition to watching it, I taped the game and was amazed (alright surprised) by the number of networks carrying it: TRU, TBS and a few others. It was flavored in HD or regular resolution too rendering the choices around 10. Why it wasn't flat out on CBS as a marquee game is beyond me.
As Dylan said, "Cuz the times they are-a-changing."

Not super surprising. Neither school has a large basketball fanbase and neither was a Cinderella. The only storyline was really, "hey, look at how good Villanova is," which probably drew a collective yawn from most of the country.

In addition to watching it, I taped the game and was amazed (alright surprised) by the number of networks carrying it: TRU, TBS and a few others. It was flavored in HD or regular resolution too rendering the choices around 10. Why it wasn't flat out on CBS as a marquee game is beyond me.
I think it wasn't on CBS because that was part of the agreement CBS made with the turner networks for televising the early rounds. They rotate it between networks, if I'm not mistaken.

TBS carried the main telecast with Nantz and Rafferty, while TRU had a Nova crew and TNT a Michigan crew on the call. I ended up watching most of the game on TRU for some reason, which turned out to be quite painful on the ears.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom