NY Times - Syracuse and Pitt in Talks With A.C.C. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

NY Times - Syracuse and Pitt in Talks With A.C.C.

Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please

I'm down, i gave gross my cell when they need help packing

Div1
NC
NCST
Miami
Syracuse
Pitt
VTech
Virginia

Div 2
FSU
maryland
BC
DUKE
Clemson
GTech
Wake

SU
Pitt
BC
VPI
Miami
North Carolina
Clemson
Maryland*
Florida State*
N.C. State
Duke
Virginia
Wake Forest
Georgia Tech

That ladies and gentlemen is a conference that makes sense.

Why does anyone want to be part of the ACC? Fl state will be gone soon, and it will be the big east all over again cause Miami is a mess now. Stick with the big east and keep building

Do you want to be in the same conference with Iowa State and Baylor? Hell NO. I don't even want to be in the same conference as Cincitucky, Lousyville and Hillsborough CC.

Is the academic reputation of UConn leaving them out of ACC talks?

Don't forget about the lawsuit. Miami and BC have both publicly stated that they don't want anything to do with Storz State. You can imagine plenty more has been said in private.

SU wasn't a party to the lawsuit. That should put SU right at the top.

ACC> Big East enough said... I rather play BC, Miami, and Vatech than... Cincy, Louisville, and USF...The ACC would be silly not to raid the big east... The Big east covers the most tv sets of any conference in the country. I just don't understand why Uconn is not a consideration? because they sued? oh well, sucks to be them... I can get to france in 7 hours.. what's the big deal about distance, with planes it's all moot... The ACC has no choice but to move north.. SEC got the south, and the only thing they can do is hang on to the coast as the big ten has the heartland...

Don't forget about the lawsuit. Miami and BC have both publicly stated that they don't want anything to do with Storz State. You can imagine plenty more has been said in private.

SU wasn't a party to the lawsuit. That should put SU right at the top.
I could think of 3 no votes against UCONN right off the bat - BC, Miami and UMD.

My suggestion:

BC
Maryland
Miami
Pittsburgh
Syracuse
Virginia
Virginia Tech

Clemson
Duke
Florida State
Georgia Tech
North Carolina
NC State
Wake Forest

Of course this assumes the ACC doesn't lose anyone and MD and VA don't object to being placed with the noobs.

I could think of 3 no votes against UCONN right off the bat - BC, Miami and UMD.
Actually 5 votes... UNC and DOOK will probably say no again...

if nothing else.. .it's interesting that 5 of the 14 teams would be BE teams... maybe our conf wasn't so bad...

The comments def sound very telling. In fact, it almost seems like the Dr said it that way on purpose, with a smile on his face...

ESPN just picked up on the NYT story and had it on Sportscenter.

In order of what the ACC Targets should be beyond SU and pitt
1. Penn st
2. Rutgers
3. WVU
4. Uconn

Just my opinion

Why does anyone want to be part of the ACC? Fl state will be gone soon, and it will be the big east all over again cause Miami is a mess now. Stick with the big east and keep building
DUKE AND NORTH CAROLINA

This also happens to be the best fit for football. Miami nearly died 15 years ago and came back. Florida State is already on the way back. Va. Tech is there, at least for now, and a ton of good brand football teams, even if they don't quite match up with the cream of the SEC; they are still far better than the teams who make up our conference. At least you can honestly say that every team in the ACC is a BCS team, well, except for maybe Wake. But this is our life boat, buoys.

DUKE AND NORTH CAROLINA

This also happens to be the best fit for football. Miami nearly died 15 years ago and came back. Florida State is already on the way back. Va. Tech is there, at least for now, and a ton of good brand football teams, even if they don't quite match up with the cream of the SEC; they are still far better than the teams who make up our conference. At least you can honestly say that every team in the ACC is a BCS team, well, except for maybe Wake. But this is our life boat, buoys.

Duke is an FCS team

I'm down, i gave gross my cell when they need help packing

Div1
NC
NCST
Miami
Syracuse
Pitt
VTech
Virginia

Div 2
FSU
maryland
BC
DUKE
Clemson
GTech
Wake
Sorry, but I hate those divisions. Go regional.

North:
BC, Pitt, Syracuse, Maryland, Va Tech, Virginia, Miami

South:
Florida State, Clemson, Ga Tech, North Carolina, Duke, Wake Forest, NC State

That's a no brainer.

Out of conference, schedule Georgetown, UConn, St. John's and Villanova. Tell UConn and St. John's that we'll play them in the Garden as a neutral site game.

Screw the rest.

if we bounce, would the other schools, such as gtown or uconn, or any 'left overs' from the BE really be ok with playing us? wonder how that would play out

Sorry, but I hate those divisions. Go regional.

North:
BC, Pitt, Syracuse, Maryland, Va Tech, Virginia, Miami

South:
Florida State, Clemson, Ga Tech, North Carolina, Duke, Wake Forest, NC State

That's a no brainer.

Out of conference, schedule Georgetown, UConn, St. John's and Villanova. Tell UConn and St. John's that we'll play them in the Garden as a neutral site game.

Screw the rest.
I'm sure they are going to split the 4 NC schools up again, duke and wake in one and NC NCST in the other

If West Virginia leaves for SEC, it begins to make sense this move by Pitt & SU. If Texas also joins ACC - now that is a decent conference with 1 more school yet to add.

Lets not forget the B10. We have maintained convos with them also and we ARE still on their radar.

If West Virginia leaves for SEC, it begins to make sense this move by Pitt & SU. If Texas also joins ACC - now that is a decent conference with 1 more school yet to add.
Last rumor i seen was texas indy. ND and Texas would place there other sports in the ACC both agreeing to play 4 ACC teams a year in FB

Seems about right to me, i mean texas seems weird but you know ND would love it there 4 teams they would play in FB Pitt, BC, Syracuse, Miami

Last rumor i seen was texas indy. ND and Texas would place there other sports in the ACC both agreeing to play 4 ACC teams a year in FB

Seems about right to me, i mean texas seems weird but you know ND would love it there 4 teams they would play in FB Pitt, BC, Syracuse, Miami

There have been previous convos with ND and the ACC and a similar arrangement as they have with the BE.