NYC SU bars | Syracusefan.com

NYC SU bars

albanycuse

Dion Waiters
Can anyone tell me which ones they are. I know this has been talked about before but I never pay attention because I'm never there. But tomor I'm visiting family there I'm gonna try to get to one.

Blarney Rock and Stout are on W 33rd. Those are the main hangouts when SU is playing at MSG. The Village Pourhouse in the Village.

Can anyone tell me which ones they are. I know this has been talked about before but I never pay attention because I'm never there. But tomor I'm visiting family there I'm gonna try to get to one.
I have been reading about 'Overlook' on 44th on the East side. I am leaning towards that.

I have been to Stout and the Blarney Rock, but they seem more like MSG event hangs. Keep me posted and I will shout 'Albanycuse??!!' every 10 minutes or so. :)

Overlook has replaced Village Pourhouse as the official SU Bar on the East side by Big Apple Orange (alumni club). If you are on West side, it's Social. That all said, our regular board game-watching crew has moved this year just recently (after a few times at Overlook) to East End Bar & Grill, on 87th/1st. This has always been our football game-watch bar, but they do a good job for hoop as well. Overlook is just fine though--they'll do $3 pints during the games. None of us will be at either one tomorrow though--we are all heading up to the Dome in the morning. I don't believe anyone goes to Blarney or Stout for the actual game-watching--those are just the places we go when 'Cuse is playing at MSG (but both those bars will be rockin' tomorrow though, as the Knicks play the Heat at MSG at 8:30pm).

Last edited:
Overlook has replaced Village Pourhouse as the official SU Bar on the East side by BigAppleOrange (alumni club). If you are on West side, it's Social. That all said, our regular board game-watching crew has moved this year just recently (after a few times at Overlook) to East End Bar & Grill, on 87th/1st. This has always been our football game-watch bar, but they do a good job for hoop as well. Overlook is just fine though--they'll do $3 pints during the games. None of us will be at either one tomorrow though--we are all heading up to the Dome in the morning. I don't believe anyone goes to Blarney or Stout for the actual game-watching--those are just the places we go when 'Cuse is playing at MSG (but both those bars will be rockin' tomorrow though, as the Knicks play the Heat at MSG at 8:30pm).
nycfan That is what I expected after meeting you guys at the St. John's game. I am leaning towards Overlook, because it is easier for me to hit the East Side. I wish I had traveled upstate, but I will be there in two weeks for the NC State game.

So we decided on Social. It looks like a good place on the website and my wife has been there and likes it. I liked that they have Cuse drink specials and their website makes a point of saying that the sound will be on.

LGO!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warriors826

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom