Obokoh needs a nickname | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Obokoh needs a nickname

With a name like Chinonso Obokoh, I feel like we should go in the opposite direction and nickname him something like "Steve."

Don't need a nickname for a guy who doesn't and probably won't play at all.

th

Don't need a nickname for a guy who doesn't and probably won't play at all.

That's ridiculous... WHEN (which happens with too much regularity) Christmas goes out due to foul trouble who do we put in at center? Do we slide Roberson or G in there. Of course not or we will get shredded (obviously). I have a better option, Christ (I mean Christian White). At least if he gets injured, it doesn't matter. KIDDING, KIDDING.

As for the name, some names don't need a nickname. Chino is cool... I like it just the way it is.

Nicknack said:
That's ridiculous... WHEN (which happens with too much regularity) Christmas goes out due to foul trouble who do we put in at center? Do we slide Roberson or G in there. Of course not or we will get shredded (obviously). I have a better option, Christ (I mean Christian White). At least if he gets injured, it doesn't matter. KIDDING, KIDDING. As for the name, some names don't need a nickname. Chino is cool... I like it just the way it is.

You'll see Roberson at the 5 a heck of a lot more than Chinoso. Chinoso can't defend anybody, even if Roberson is half the defender Rak is at the 5 it's still much better than what Chinoso offers.

Chino looked awful for sure but at this point in the season he has at least a chance of getting some experience to get a feel for real PT. He's not ready right now but you see that all the time. It is a matter of how he responds and whether the real playing time can help speed up his development or not.

CuseHulk said:
You either don't listen, or just shouldn't talk basketball period. Coach has already said you won't see Roberson at the 5.

So if Rak is in foul trouble and Chinoso allows 5 consecutive layups in the paint with 3 fouls who plays the 5?

The Chinoso experiment is going to be a heck of a lot worse than the Riley experiment that we saw in the tourney. Riley was much much further than Chin is, and Riley wasn't ready at all.

So if Rak is in foul trouble and Chinoso allows 5 consecutive layups in the paint with 3 fouls who plays the 5?

The Chinoso experiment is going to be a heck of a lot worse than the Riley experiment that we saw in the tourney. Riley was much much further than Chin is, and Riley wasn't ready at all.

Disagree on Riley. He had zero clue of what he was doing in the middle with extremely slow reaction time. Chino is raw and certainly being pressed prior to being ready but his reaction time is better than Riley's. He just needs to learn to play with these guys in game situations. I trust the coaching staff will have him getting used to being just a screener and offensive rebounder when he is in to run a perimeter based offense. Defensively he will foul and get beat but I think he will improve.

Orangezoo said:
Disagree on Riley. He had zero clue of what he was doing in the middle with extremely slow reaction time. Chino is raw and certainly being pressed prior to being ready but his reaction time is better than Riley's. He just needs to learn to play with these guys in game situations. I trust the coaching staff will have him getting used to being just a screener and offensive rebounder when he is in to run a perimeter based offense. Defensively he will foul and get beat but I think he will improve.

The thing is you just mentioned in your previous post that Chin looked awful so, awful is a strong word but I agree with your assessment of him. The problem is going from awful to adequate is a long long road. He's not going to get there this year and probably not next year. I'm not saying it just to say it but just by the history of our previous guys and the talent and skill they've shown.

I was pretty hard on BMK during his time here and I still believe what I've said about him, that said BMK is 10 times the player Chinoso is. Listen, I'm not pouring on the poor kid here, he just is what he is and I just don't see the talent, skill, or potential from him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom