O'Brien To Texans Finalized | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

O'Brien To Texans Finalized

Holley backed off on that claim a bit later.

i just watched a video interivew with Mike Farrel done last night and said those words. It's the Rivlz headline right now

What about Shiano? That's who we are hoping they hire right? I don't see Franklin leaving for PSU.

I bet maybe 1 of their recruits goes elsewhere and the qb stays right where he is

I bet maybe 1 of their recruits goes elsewhere and the qb stays right where he is
Yeah, I doubt Hackenberg goes anywhere. Sit out a year? Don't think so. Dad is just posturing.

Am I missing something? He's unemployed. How strong does a push for that tool's services have to be? It's not like they're bidding against Texas here.
And he's not likely to ever get a sniff at an NFL head coaching job again.

There are numerous threads on there board asking for JayPa...yes they are serious too

There are numerous threads on there board asking for JayPa...yes they are serious too

yep and people wonder why BOB blew a gasket and couldn't get out of there fast enough. It's cult type stuff. Nonsensical BS. These people are insane. I don't see Schiano improving talent enough too offset the difference in coaching between BOB and Shady

"There seemed to be particular frustration with the political side of being a college coach, the glad-handing and recruiting that takes up more time than the football."

That paragraph describes both O'Brien and Marrone. Like others have said, none of it is new to college athletics. Looks like neither of these friends did their homework.
Yep. It's part of the college head coach's job...always has been and always will be. If you don't like that stay in the NFL. And you can't delegate that part of the job to an assistant coach like some have tried. The flip side is that a college coach has far more control of his program than the typical NFL head coach who soon learns that the GM and the owner have the real power and control.

You need to stay away from that board or you will be turned into a blithering idiot.

What about Shiano? That's who we are hoping they hire right? I don't see Franklin leaving for PSU.

Personally I want them to hire Golden and let the U take Schiano. This allows Shady to weaken one of SU's conference opponent.

If this off-season can also see Jimbo go to the NFL and Chad Morris to Texas, even better.

Chad Morris to Texas would be huge and I mean HUGE!

Re: Schiano - For What it's Worth
I would rather have rabid squirrels eat my face off than to have Schiano be the head coach.

I figured I'd take a quick look at their board. I was surprised to see a few rational posts like this one.

I would rather have rabid squirrels eat my face off than to have Schiano be the head coach.

I figured I'd take a quick look at their board. I was surprised to see a few rational posts like this one.

yep much more support for JayPa over there then Schiano.

Seems like the only ones they want are Franklin or Golden

I just read that thread. Out of 19 posts, this was the only negative one concerning Monkey Face. The other 18 were justifying hiring him. Wth? :bat:

Some of them on the Ped State board are throwing Tressels name around. Good lord

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom