Observation/Recommendation | Syracusefan.com

Observation/Recommendation

DilemaCuse

All Conference
Besides stating and discussing the obvious of recruit better players and forwards and centers who weigh more than 200lbs, what realistic changes can JB make to the program?

Unlike Dino and in football, where they replace O and D coordinators, JB probably won't make staff changes with Autry, GMAC and Griff since they are near and dear to him as former players. But anybody agree they need to review the Strength and Conditioning program along with nutrition? I don't see any results on Sidibe and Marek after 3 years in the program. If it hasn't happened after 3 years it won't start happening this offseason. Mareks game has at least improved, its hard to say that about either for Sidibe. It was embarrassing listening to Vitale state the obvious regarding this last night.

strength and conditioning needs to be revamped ...this has been going on for years now with players not improving physically.

Return to the Big East and be an independent for football. We have been a square peg trying to fit in a round hole since joining ACC. It’s not our market and it has affected recruiting drastically

If Marek had stayed in Syracuse for the summer, it might have helped. JB thought getting a chance to play with the Slovakian team would be good. We know how that worked. Injury and little physical workout.

It's been reported that Marek regularly downs milkshakes that apparently just go straight through him. Some people just don't put on weight. I'd like to learn that trick!

Return to the Big East and be an independent for football. We have been a square peg trying to fit in a round hole since joining ACC. It’s not our market and it has affected recruiting drastically
Yes big time recruits want to play every game on FS1 against powers like DePaul and Providence

If Marek had stayed in Syracuse for the summer, it might have helped. JB thought getting a chance to play with the Slovakian team would be good. We know how that worked. Injury and little physical workout.

It's been reported that Marek regularly downs milkshakes that apparently just go straight through him. Some people just don't put on weight. I'd like to learn that trick!
Milkshakes and Newport lites... Not a great regimen

Return to the Big East and be an independent for football.

1582212940731.png

We need to do a few things:

1. "Hey, we can turn anyone into a PG!!" Bad philosophy.
2. This Cooney/Buddy type shooting guard for 40MPG is so reliant on a dynamic PG and SF that you can't go with #1 and #2 simultaneously...you almost have to have a G type guy come out of nowhere. That's a pretty risky way to go.
3. Recruit more better! Just a general observation, and that's trending up lately anyway!
4. Wear more throwback uniforms
5. Stop rolling the dice on Centers that can cover the corner three.
6. Play some games outside - the Southern teams will struggle in the cold

Figure out a philosophy...….this sudden, we don't care AT ALL about defense thing, is strange. Go for something in the middle, we care a bit about defense, we care a bit about offense!

Um, no. the football money wags the bball dog. even here.
So even if your premise is correct, we must find a way to adapt and succeed in the market we have.

We need to do a few things:

1. "Hey, we can turn anyone into a PG!!" Bad philosophy.
2. This Cooney/Buddy type shooting guard for 40MPG is so reliant on a dynamic PG and SF that you can't go with #1 and #2 simultaneously...you almost have to have a G type guy come out of nowhere. That's a pretty risky way to go.
3. Recruit more better! Just a general observation, and that's trending up lately anyway!
4. Wear more throwback uniforms
5. Stop rolling the dice on Centers that can cover the corner three.
6. Play some games outside - the Southern teams will struggle in the cold

Figure out a philosophy...….this sudden, we don't care AT ALL about defense thing, is strange. Go for something in the middle, we care a bit about defense, we care a bit about offense!
Agree with the whole list, ha

I've never been able to understand why bench players cannot be worked in strategically for 5-7 minutes a game. Every year opportunities to do this early in the season are wasted. I know this season was a bit unlucky with some of the injuries, but I feel like playing 6.5 players is something JB has become more stubborn on post 2010 and it's really shown.

Did you feel this during the 18 football season that won 10 games?

Did you feel this during the 18 football season that won 10 games?
No, I totally enjoyed it. I hate to beat a dead horse but 5 stars don’t want zone if going to nba. Nova recruits well still

No, I totally enjoyed it. I hate to beat a dead horse but 5 stars don’t want zone if going to nba. Nova recruits well still
So are you saying we don’t recruit well because of the ACC or the zone ?

Did I? Okie dokie

You did. Almost verbatim.

Only we would be abandoning a P5, not the AACK, to return to the New (#NotMy)Big East-Lite,
and then have our football program as an Independent, instead of in the ACC.

brilliant. :rolleyes:

Thx for the reminder on why I have some folks on Ignore.

You did. Almost verbatim.

Only we would be abandoning a P5, not the AACK, to return to the New (#NotMy)Big East-Lite,
and then have our football program as an Independent, instead of in the ACC.

brilliant. :rolleyes:

Thx for the reminder on why I have some folks on Ignore.
Please do. Have a nice day

So are you saying we don’t recruit well because of the ACC or the zone ?
I’m not sure, perhaps a little of both. I just can’t figure out what else it could be as we have the greatest fans and venue in college bb imho

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom