OC Rumors | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

OC Rumors

Clemson already hired and announced their new OC and DC

They don't mess around and wait things out

Two internal promotions a bit a different? I am sure Dino started at the top and is working his way through it, if they go back to Lynch or something like that it would probably mean he whiffed on several guys that are currently working elsewhere

So if people want to compare how quickly arguably one of the top 3 football programs in football the last 8 years was able to replace their OC/DC versus Syracuse and you think that is a viable comparison then cool beans. For clarity it is my belief that Alabama and Clemson could call just about any coach that they want in the country and before either coach officially offered the job the person on the other end would be saying yes. So I think the comparison is a bit apple's and oranges so to speak.

If/when it happens I'm sure there will be dozens here praising how great of a decision it was and how it will be a return of the Dino offense from 2016-2018.
This reveals more about you than about the fictional straw men you fantasize.

So if people want to compare how quickly arguably one of the top 3 football programs in football the last 8 years was able to replace their OC/DC versus Syracuse and you think that is a viable comparison then cool beans. For clarity it is my belief that Alabama and Clemson could call just about any coach that they want in the country and before either coach officially offered the job the person on the other end would be saying yes. So I think the comparison is a bit apple's and oranges so to speak.
True, you can only compare SU to the worse programs in the country because that is where they are now.

If/when it happens I'm sure there will be dozens here praising how great of a decision it was and how it will be a return of the Dino offense from 2016-2018.
Right now I am putting my money on Dino as the OC in name and in play calling, and unofficially Lynch as OC M-F running practice to allow Dino to oversee everything.

Right now I am putting my money on Dino as the OC in name and in play calling, and unofficially Lynch as OC M-F running practice to allow Dino to oversee everything.
That makes a lot of sense when you consider that bringing in a whole new person and system probably doesn’t get us over the hump next year. Unless you buy into the belief that a new system keeps Dino here through the end of his contract as the system will take a couple of years to meld with the players. I’m starting to lean towards the second scenario and that they have someone ready to announce after tomorrow’s signing day.

Well, that doesn't sound like things are going to get much better, then, does it?

Id love to see Dino take over play calling

Clemson literally hired 2 guys internally (quicker process) and each are making less than a million dollars.

I'd be pissed if I was a Clemson fan and you replaced the best DC in football with co-coordinators whom combined barely equal Venables salary. And their new defensive playcaller hasn't even been a position coach.

Syracuse did that (cough rumored WR coach cough) and people would be beyond inflamed.

Id love to see Dino take over play calling

Don't you think he's had a ton of influence over the play calling?

Probably a big no and I know overall he hasn't been great but as far as system and coaching experience and ties with Babers could Phil Montgomery be in play? Grant it would be a step down from HC but who knows if the money was right, situation etc.

Art briles would be outstanding
“In each instance, when the head coach received information from a staff member regarding potential criminal conduct by a football student-athlete, he did not report the information and did not personally look any further into the matter,” the panel said. “His incurious attitude toward potential criminal conduct by his student-athletes was deeply troubling to the panel.

“As one panel member observed at the hearing when questioning the head coach’s lack of response to this information, ‘a lot of these things that we’re talking about, they’re not NCAA rules violations . . . (or) university policy violations. They’re felonies. (W)e’re talking about rapes and physical assaults,’” according to the report. “The head coach failed to meet even the most basic expectations of how a person should react to the kind of conduct at issue in this case. Furthermore, as a campus leader, the head coach is held to an even higher standard. He completely failed to meet this standard.”

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom