OC Rumors | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

OC Rumors

We can be 5-7 and improved version last season. If that happens then he could be back. If Pitt passes on Marion I think we could get him.

He needs 6-6 at minimum, under .500 again barring something unforeseen he wont survive.

Wait, I just read we have a good OL. Won’t that be a selling point?

IF we could gurantee the like would actually stay somewhat healthy. Unfortunately that appears unlikely already. Bleich may not play again.

It's a strange situation. We needed help with special teams, and offensive coordinator. For the program reportedly being on the ropes, the ST coordinator gets to come in and work with a Groza winner. And the OC gets to work with a Heisman candidate-caliber RB. Our roster is occasionally great, it seems.

Depth is the issue and I don’t see that being solved for next season. And really, depth is and has been an issue at a majority of the positions for years. OL is more than just the starters b/c you know they won’t all be playing every snap, all year. So my comment is more someone saying the OL is a selling point.

Depth is the issue and I don’t see that being solved for next season. And really, depth is and has been an issue at a majority of the positions for years. OL is more than just the starters b/c you know they won’t all be playing every snap, all year. So my comment is more someone saying the OL is a selling point.
Agree-I don't see guys wanting to transfer here to provide depth.

Against that schedule going 5-7 with no blowouts is a significant improvement. If the O looks fixed and if most of the team is coming back, we are poised for a breakout season in 2923. Why risk that with a change?

I know Babers can do some crazy stuff, but not sure even he can survive until 2923 without a winning season or two.

Against that schedule going 5-7 with no blowouts is a significant improvement. If the O looks fixed and if most of the team is coming back, we are poised for a breakout season in 2923. Why risk that with a change?
He's gone if they don't go bowling this year. I don't know how there is an alternative take that i'm not factoring in (SUAD invested in Madoff, Dino has 20 year contract, etc)

I
I think we've been 2 years from a "breakout season" for 15 years now. Someone got it right once.

I'll argue that the only improvement that should be gaged is in wins. I don't care how functional the O looks, or whatever. If in 2022 we don't win more games than we did in 2021 it's not improvement.

Truth is, none of us who are currently posting on this thread knows or is giving HCDB some space to roll it out in his own way! It’s sad to me how way too many are so willing to continue to bash HCDB and ADJW as clueless.
It was pretty much that way when ADJW announced Coach Read to be the Women’s Hoops program and just look at how that team is coming together and playing.
Read is a good x's and o's coach. He and the ladies showed on Twitter where they all bonded on outings. Watching the team they enjoy playing, and unlike Q or JB, during timeouts he is a good teacher. When a player makes a mistake, he doesn't yell, but calmly explains what happened, a good coach.
He deserves the opportunity to be the head coach. They play an exciting style, should be easy to get players to play.

Way too many on this board can only see the worst possible for Cuse Football; don’t be like Chicken Little!

4FE908C2-9750-4C57-942E-512A2EC0E57D.jpeg

Just a crazy thought, but how would a CFL Offensive Coordinator translate to college? Could they? Maybe they start the next trend in offense with a mix of the two styles. I’m sure they could adjust to the different rules, no? Plus we would have even more access to Canadian players. Just a stoner trying to think outside the box

I

I think we've been 2 years from a "breakout season" for 15 years now. Someone got it right once.

I'll argue that the only improvement that should be gaged is in wins. I don't care how functional the O looks, or whatever. If in 2022 we don't win more games than we did in 2021 it's not improvement.

I believe in moral victories (The Patriots had one vs the Bucs this year) but at some point there needs to be real victories. 2022 will be a real victory year. I think that's reasonable.

I do think we like to compare Mac to Dino but Mac's teams tended to finish strong vs Dino's teams which seem to peeter off. That's a function of style of play, recruiting depth and managing games at end of year.

We can be 5-7 and improved version last season. If that happens then he could be back. If Pitt passes on Marion I think we could get him.
Marion would be a bold move. Not much experience, really young. Has only been an OC for 3 years and only for low level programs.

That said, the offenses at Howard and William and Mary, while not outstanding, improved significantly under his watch.

Gus Malzahn was his OC when he played at Tulsa so I would assume he would run an offense like his if given the choice.

He unfortunately has only coached QBs for three years and does not have a distinguished background in this area.

Marion would be a bold move. Not much experience, really young. Has only been an OC for 3 years and only for low level programs.

That said, the offenses at Howard and William and Mary, while not outstanding, improved significantly under his watch.

Gus Malzahn was his OC when he played at Tulsa so I would assume he would run an offense like his if given the choice.

He unfortunately has only coached QBs for three years and does not have a distinguished background in this area.

He isn't a QB guru that is for sure. But he has an innovative mind that could give us a competitive advantage. We need to be ahead of the curve or have a unique O to have long term success. We won't have the talent to be doing what everyone else is and be successful. Hiring Marion would be out of the box for sure. IMO it is low risk high reward since next season could be Dino's last here. If it works out, great carry on. If it doesn't work out, we will have a new staff anyway. I think JW and Dino should definitely consider it.

I believe in moral victories (The Patriots had one vs the Bucs this year) but at some point there needs to be real victories. 2022 will be a real victory year. I think that's reasonable.

I do think we like to compare Mac to Dino but Mac's teams tended to finish strong vs Dino's teams which seem to peeter off. That's a function of style of play, recruiting depth and managing games at end of year.
Personally I thought 2021 was the season for actual victories, but understand that the administration felt differently. I'll be actively hostile if that ends up being the case in 2022. We need to win now, it's year seven for goodness sake. I don't want to hear about schedule strength, or new coordinators, or improvement, or any of that stuff. Win games or fire the guy, its simple.

Personally I thought 2021 was the season for actual victories, but understand that the administration felt differently. I'll be actively hostile if that ends up being the case in 2022. We need to win now, it's year seven for goodness sake. I don't want to hear about schedule strength, or new coordinators, or improvement, or any of that stuff. Win games or fire the guy, its simple.
I agree with that. It SHOULD be the case. But why would JW force a different direction on O? Let Dino be his own OC or pick a guy who fits with Dino's philosophy. Why say we want a QB guru in here? Let Dino go down with his ship. Why force him to rearrange the deck chairs? Why change course if you aren't willing to see it through (2 years)?

As it relates to recruiting, I don't think it's a coincidence that basically all, if not all the uncommitted recruits who have visited are either OL (where we have a coach) or on the Defensive side of the ball (where we have a DC). Not having an OC is hurting us on the recruiting front.

As it relates to recruiting, I don't think it's a coincidence that basically all, if not all the uncommitted recruits who have visited are either OL (where we have a coach) or on the Defensive side of the ball (where we have a DC). Not having an OC is hurting us on the recruiting front.

Agreed but there are so many portal guys out there at this point it's crazy. Plenty of time after 12/15 and February to bring more skill guys. If I were transferring I would wait for the next round of coaches jumping ship after tomorrow and then see where I wanted to go. I am sure many are getting pressured to sign tomorrow

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom